Thread: New album: Taylor's Universe - Almost Perfected

New album: Taylor's Universe - Almost Perfected

Does anybody remember the name, Taylor's Universe? Otherwise check the reviews section on the old Progressive Ears site (if it still exists) - or go to:
    www.robinctaylor.com

Nevertheless, the band has just released their 16th album, Almost Perfected, which has taken them 18 months to complete.

The band (residing in Denmark, Scandinavia) has a reputation of creating some of the most original progressive jazz-rock, coming from this part of the world, though many listeners still haven't had the chance to getting to know their music. Lovers of the experiments, that went on in the 70's - but sadly came to an end in the following decade - ought to check out this stuff! Nothing RETRO about it - just a continuation, as if 'real' progressive music had never died.

The video (teaser) is a preliminary 'Danish version' of our soon to come official video, showing excerpts of our drummer recording his take for one of the tracks, featured on the new album. It might give you an idea of what the music is about...

Last edited by Fifth Element; 11-10-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Great news Mr. Taylor!!.
    A fan from Costa Rica!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifth Element View Post
    Does anybody remember the name, Taylor's Universe?.
    Yes I do as "Taylor Free Universe"-

www.robinctaylor.com

Good site, my first visit BTW and now I'm thinking about our beloved "Progressor" (RIP): it was in his site that I started knowing about the "universe" of Robin Taylor!.

Remember Pierre Tassone?, thanks to him I got / heard the excellent "On-Plugged in Elsinore" and from then on, I have been exploring your discography: great music in my opinion !.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifth Element View Post
    The band (residing in Denmark, Scandinavia) has a reputation of creating some of the most original progressive jazz-rock, coming from this part of the world, though many listeners still haven't had the chance to getting to know their music. Lovers of the experiments, that went on in the 70's - but sadly came to an end in the following decade - ought to check out this stuff! Nothing RETRO about it - just a continuation, as if 'real' progressive music had never died.
    Yes, yes and yes!!.
    Agree 100%.

Thanks Robin for the "heads up", really appreciate it!!.

Pura Vida,
    Tomás.

N.P.:
    On -Plugged In Elsinore.
    https://robintaylorsuniverse.bandcam...ed-in-elsinore
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    Great news Mr. Taylor!!.
    A fan from Costa Rica!!!.

Yes I do as "Taylor Free Universe"-

www.robinctaylor.com

Good site, my first visit BTW and now I'm thinking about our beloved "Progressor" (RIP): it was in his site that I started knowing about the "universe" of Robin Taylor!.

Remember Pierre Tassone?, thanks to him I got / heard the excellent "On-Plugged in Elsinore" and from then on, I have been exploring your discography: great music in my opinion !.

Yes, yes and yes!!.
    Agree 100%.

Thanks Robin for the "heads up", really appreciate it!!.

Pura Vida,
    Tomás.

N.P.:
    On -Plugged In Elsinore.
    https://robintaylorsuniverse.bandcam...ed-in-elsinore

'Almost Perfected' will be available from www.bandcamp.com VERY SOON!
    Attached Images Attached Images

NOW available from bandcamp.com!

This is one of the better albums released by the band. Cracking stuff. Couldn't find any YT samples, but everyone should be able to stream the album on the band's Bandcamp page. I personally enjoy it a lot.

Now also available from Wayside Music!

http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...D-spc-027.aspx

"Robin Taylor has given a great instrumental album (with some occasional but very nice vocalisations). It is titled Almost Perfected but I would say that he has ''totally perfected'' his craft. Highly recommended indeed!!!!" Marc Donald, ProGGnosis

Listened to the vid above...Not bad at all.