Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wislon North American tour dates announced

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The real. The hologram Wislon will be one of the dancers on stage.
    No way that real Wilson lets hologram Wilson do all the dancing.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Urgh!!!!!!! I can't find a place/link where the Wilson show is on sale for April 21/18 in Montreal. I've tried the Oympia Box office in Montreal and the usual ticket sites. Can anyone please help!!
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 09-21-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Urgh!!!!!!! I can't find a place/link where the Wilson show is on sale for April 21/18. I've tried the Oympia Box office in Montreal and the usual ticket sites. Can anyone please help!!
    Huh. There doesn't appear to be a fan pre-sale for that one, does there? Looks like tomorrow (Friday) will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymania View Post
    Huh. There doesn't appear to be a fan pre-sale for that one, does there? Looks like tomorrow (Friday) will have to do.
    I don't think there is a presale either but I don't know where to buy the tickets (it's not a the venue or admissions. com - where Quebec shows are listed). I'm hoping that someone from Montreal knows.

I don't think there is a presale either but I don't know where to buy the tickets (it's not a the venue or admissions. com - where Quebec shows are listed). I'm hoping that someone from Montreal knows.
    Is it safe to assume that a link will appear on Friday?
    I had to click on a "more info" link at the venue I purchased tickets from. There wasn't an obvious fan club presale link displayed.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Is Wislon the new Camples?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Is Wislon the new Camples?
    You ain't Wislon Dixie.

You ain't Wislon Dixie.
    Isn't that the guy from Police Academy movies that makes all those funny sounds?
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    This is where I'll be at 10 tomorrow.
    https://www.ticketmaster.ca/Steven-W...stvenue_module

Maybe not so good to go pre sale anymore. I went to the Keswick today for Steven Wilson tickets and got a pretty lousy choice of seats. The box office told me that all the other tickets are on "hold" whatever that means. I said I can always get great seats pre sale for concerts here, so whats up with holding the tickets? If I came tomorrow will I get better seats? He said they have a new system that works much better now. I asked, so, you got rid of Axs for ticket sales? He said no it's just a better system for tickets. I asked who is it better for since prior to today I could get great tickets on pre sale, and now my pre sale tickets are 9 rows from the rear of the theater, he said it's better for everyone, and at least 3 times he told me "you know this is ONLY PRE SALE" like I wandered in off the street and they're doing me a favor. Go figure, this is another scam that they have been able to work out, just to put 1 more level of aggravation into the ticket game. There are damn few places around here you can still have dealings with reputable people, kudos to The Kennett Flash, and The Sellersville Theater for still treating someone like a human being.

Is it safe to assume that a link will appear on Friday?
    I had to click on a "more info" link at the venue I purchased tickets from. There wasn't an obvious fan club presale link displayed.
    Yep - that's what I'm hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    This is where I'll be at 10 tomorrow.
    https://www.ticketmaster.ca/Steven-W...stvenue_module
    Excellent! Thanks.

Edit - a drag for me because Ticketmaster doesn't sell Quebec shows. Right now I'm hoping Steven's website provides a link to buy my tickets.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Fug it, I'll stick with my front row mezzanine. I'm right in front of the soundboard, so those dudes ought to just hunker down and stay out of my way. Wasn't finding anything so great in the general sale...

Any word on the Quebec/Montreal shows? The link on the SW site leads nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by schlongasaurus View Post
    Any word on the Quebec/Montreal shows? The link on the SW site leads nowhere.
    Tell me about it - nobody seems to know.

What are the ticket agencies handling the Quebec shows? There's no mention of the shows on either venue website.

Well, took a gamble and waited for public onsale, instead of biting at way back in the balcony, for the presale. Ticketmaster, is bizarre. After multiple attempts at 10 AM, nothing is available. I figure it is sold out. 20 minutes later floor level seats just start popping up. Not ones up close, but still...lol. Going to Toronto, April 22nd.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Well, took a gamble and waited for public onsale, instead of biting at way back in the balcony, for the presale. Ticketmaster, is bizarre. After multiple attempts at 10 AM, nothing is available. I figure it is sold out. 20 minutes later floor level seats just start popping up. Not ones up close, but still...lol. Going to Toronto, April 22nd.

neil
    Didn't realize you were up this early Neil
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Oh, I got rocked out of bed pretty hard, for Mr. Wislon. He had better bring it, lol.

neil

Olympia sez tix not on sale, "mistake on artist's website" and no additional info

Olympia sez tix not on sale, "mistake on artist's website" and no additional info
    Yeah - I just got thru on their phone line. They said to check their website or facebook page for an update on when tickets are on sale.

Is Ninet with the band? We sure loved her at the Beacon show when SW couldn't sing. I ask because even if she tours with Steven she is unlikely to perform on Shabbat (Friday night when we will see the band in Boston) so may need to go to zmontresl as well if only to see the lovely Ninet.6@
    She has a new album out. May be touring on her own

I'm wondering about Dave Kilminster, will he still be touring with Roger Waters?

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    She has a new album out. May be touring on her own

I'm wondering about Dave Kilminster, will he still be touring with Roger Waters?
    Yes, Kilminster is touring with Waters. Alex Hutchings will be the guitarist for Wislon in the foreseeable future.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Yes, Kilminster is touring with Waters. Alex Hutchings will be the guitarist for Wislon in the foreseeable future.
    Kimlinster is touring with Walters, Hucthings is touring with Wislon.

Yeah - I just got thru on their phone line. They said to check their website or facebook page for an update on when tickets are on sale.
    On their site today:

"Please, stay tuned for official announcement on October 3rd. We will communicate about the presale and onsale dates at this moment."