Thread: Hackett 2018 Tour

Hackett 2018 Tour

Was just reading about this. Jonas Reingold on bass & 12 string for this tour. Genesis material, GTR material, solo material including a celebration of the Please Don't Touch 40th anniversary. I'm in.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Good to have a bass player in that spot and not a guitarist playing bass.

Will he be playing anything from the blues album?

// Mattias

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    Was just reading about this. Jonas Reingold on bass & 12 string for this tour. Genesis material, GTR material, solo material including a celebration of the Please Don't Touch 40th anniversary. I'm in.
    What a coincidence. I was just re-listening to Wolflight (better than I thought earlier, but still a flawed collection) and thinking it was about time for him to pop back up again. And here he is.

Celebrating Please Don't Touch is worthy, but I'll get really excited in 2019 for Spectral Morning's 40th!

And yes, it will be nice to see someone else on the bass spot, but I thought having guitarists there actually provided a valuable utility player in the lineup. And I'm not sure I would consider Nick Beggs to be primarily a guitarist.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    What a coincidence. I was just re-listening to Wolflight (better than I thought earlier, but still a flawed collection) and thinking it was about time for him to pop back up again. And here he is.

Celebrating Please Don't Touch is worthy, but I'll get really excited in 2019 for Spectral Morning's 40th!

And yes, it will be nice to see someone else on the bass spot, but I thought having guitarists there actually provided a valuable utility player in the lineup. And I'm not sure I would consider Nick Beggs to be primarily a guitarist.
    I think the reference was to Roine, not Nick.

wow interesting that he would make a point of doing GTR. I am excited cause I think there are good tunes there and could do with some revisiting.

I see one lone usa date in Arizona at the moment presuming that will expand and hopefully to my parts of the country!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Dates?
    No, but some venues will have macadamia nuts at the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    I think the reference was to Roine, not Nick.
    Bingo. He lacked the spark and drive of a bassist.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    Very cool for Jonas!

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post

I see one lone usa date in Arizona at the moment presuming that will expand and hopefully to my parts of the country!
    Steve's tour page shows some Canadian dates too-
    http://www.hackettsongs.com/news/newsTour2018-US.html
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Is it wrong for me to wish John was back in the band??

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

PDT is my favourite Hackett album by far and one of my top 10 of all time so i trust UK dates will follow. Also please to see Inside and Out featured - another of my favourites.