Thread: Paul McCartney at the Prudential Center

Paul McCartney at the Prudential Center

A bit off topic but I am attending the Paul McCartney show at the
    Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on Sept 11th.
    I am from Allentown and have never been to this venue.
    Of course it is very easy to get to from off 78.
    My question is the Parking. Where, how, safe?, and average cost?
    It looks like there is just parking lots around instead of a venue deck of sorts.

Also, are there any decent watering holes around to kill some time before the show?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by borntotravel View Post
    A bit off topic but I am attending the Paul McCartney show at the
    Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on Sept 11th.
    I am from Allentown and have never been to this venue.
    Of course it is very easy to get to from off 78.
    My question is the Parking. Where, how, safe?, and average cost?
    It looks like there is just parking lots around instead of a venue deck of sorts.

Also, are there any decent watering holes around to kill some time before the show?

Thanks
    I've been there many times, but always take NJ Transit trains, which stop two blocks away. There is so much parking though - many lots around the building - usually very expensive though (just a heads up) - I've seen them signed as high as $40. Also gets very, very congested in and around the venue, so allow some time to be stopped up. Can't speak to any of the watering holes.

"Also, are there any decent watering holes around to kill some time before the show?"

The Iron Bound section of the Newark (the side opposite the railroad tracks from the Prudential Center) is loaded with some great ethnic restaurants (Portuguese, Spanish, Brazilian, ect) some real gems can be found and some interesting watering holes some very local and some quite high end. The area is dominated by Portuguese and Brazilians but is becoming increasingly diverse in recent years.

I have had allot of luck going a bit early, parking on the other side the railroad tracks (from the Prudential Center, the good section) on New Jersey Railroad Ave, or a side street such as Canal Street right on the street. Its basically a residential area so I never had any security concerns, never had any issues with the car, during events the police are all over the place. The walk say from the corner Canal and Railroad Ave is less then ten minutes to the Prudential and absolutely safe and best off, the parking is free on the street.

Places to go (so many to pick), the closest would be Spanish Tavern on Canal Street, great tasting food, a bit pricey, very good Sangria. My favorite place is Seabras Marisqueira (15 min walk), Portuguese food specializing in seafood, if you are into Brazilian Barbecue (all you can eat meat) the Brasilia Grill is the most famous but there are many good restaurants/ bars on the main drag of the Ironbound which is Ferry Street, well worth exploring if you get there a bit early.

Have fun

I just checked out Sir Paul's setlist for this tour. 34 songs, lots of Beatles and even "In Spite Of All Danger" from The Quarrymen (whoever they were!) which Paul used to play live 15 years back.

Now I wanna go.
    The Prog Corner