Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Triumvirat remasters?

The most of the 2002 remasters are worthy, of course, for the great bonus tracks included.
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen

I'm happy that I purchased the original CDs when they came out. They sounds nice to me.

Quote Originally Posted by presdoug View Post
    I've heard the US Capitol CD, and it is not up to the standards of the EMI one.
    Oops, I made a mistake on this comment. I was confusing Friday Music's CD remastered reissue as it comes from the US. On hearing it, I thought Capitol was involved, and that CD's remastering doesn't sound very real sounding to me. I finally heard the original US Capitol CD, and am glad to report that it carries with it most of the virtues of the early German EMI one. Only criticism is that the bass could be a little more pronounced, but it at least sounds real and natural.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    my old vinyl lp's on Harvest still sound mighty fine.
    I have been buying back and listening and comparing the original EMI Harvest Electrola lps to the CDs, and the lps are the very best. They have a bit more presence than the early CDs, and are the most natural sounding of all, in my final analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by presdoug View Post
    I have been buying back and listening and comparing the original EMI Harvest Electrola lps to the CDs, and the lps are the very best. They have a bit more presence than the early CDs, and are the most natural sounding of all, in my final analysis.
    As is the case with most original Lp's.