Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks: The Return TONITE

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I think Dune was prior to TP. What, you don't remember that awesome gig in Showgirls???
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Showgirls is probably the perfect combination of his worst performance and a truly dreadful film.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Anyone that's seen ep 6 might want to revisit Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. I'm actually starting to think it ties in to the latest eps more than the original two seasons.

Dune was well before TP, before Blue Velvet as well, it was the first time Lynch and Kyle M worked together. I think Kyle has worked steadily since TP but he hasn't had a lot of leading roles outside of working with Lynch. Recently he has had a recurring role on Portlandia.

I am loving the new series, however I do want some progress with Cooper soon, he doesn't have to go back to full capacity right away, but I hope he at least becomes less passive. As much as I have genuinely enjoyed the Dougie saga, it is on the verge of wearing out its welcome.

Tonally, the show is far closer to FWWM, and some of the characters from that movie are important. They have mentioned Phillip Jeffries a few times, I wonder how they will ultimately use him as he was played by David Bowie who was set to reprise the role before he passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I think Dune was prior to TP. What, you don't remember that awesome gig in Showgirls???
    I (seriously) knew the chronology, but was thinking just about his entire career arc.

While I am familiar with the "Not Saved By The Berkeley Bell" movie, I blissfully never gave in to the urge to gawk at that accident.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Another cool episode last night. Diane makes a brief appearance. Loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Lynch has one actress muse, it's Laura Dern.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

I really need to catch up with this, but it's finding the time where i can sit and immerse myself completely with no distractions.

I'm up to ep4 which seems to be more in keeping with the original series/characters and is genuinely funny in places (that cameo at the sheriffs office!) and it's honestly getting more fascinating as it progresses.

As someone who likes to see Lynch go all out fuck-nuts ep3 is my favourite so far. The first half is utterly demented.

Hell-ooooooooooooooooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    They have mentioned Phillip Jeffries a few times, I wonder how they will ultimately use him as he was played by David Bowie who was set to reprise the role before he passed.
    The accent of the voice on the phone was totally different to whatever Bowie was doing in FWWM. I'm guessing he's not who he says he is.

The Log Lady scene was beautifully handled. "goodnight Hawk"

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I watched the new episode but haven't watched Twin Peaks since its original run. Holy fucking bizarre. I'll keep going but holy fucking bizarre. Did I say bizarre?
    I said it before on other thread. Twin Peaks must be to other TV series as Prog is to the rest of the music. Unpredictable, bizarre at the times, colorful, complex, smart and banal at the same time....by other words brilliant

I don't understand it but I'm still watching, Dougie Jones is hilarious.

Ummmm, wait...what?

Oh, and, "'The' Nine Inch Nails." That tune fit like a fkn glove.
    Last edited by Paulie; 06-26-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Sooo, is there any connection to those filthy New Mexico atomic bums and the bum outside the diner in Mulholland Drive? I almost mentioned the correlation in ep 2 with the bum in the cell next to Matthew Lillard's cell in South Dakota.

Btw, forgot to mention after last week's ep how hot Ashley Judd is. Hubba!

Wow and I mean wow...that 8 episode of TP is one of the most bizarre piece of TV I have seen for long, long while...music, scenes, dialogues...I still have no clue what I just have witnessed

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    Wow and I mean wow...that 8 episode of TP is one of the most bizarre piece of TV I have seen for long, long while...music, scenes, dialogues...I still have no clue what I just have witnessed
    Me as well, but the visuals reminded me of the stuff on screens behind 60s psych bands updated to 2017 technology and were f*****g stunning!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I've made more sense of plot lines while doing acid in the 1970s. Wait a minute, the key to understanding last night's episode would be finding your old 70s connection and imbibing.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 06-26-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Maybe y'all should relive your youth, break out the orange Barrel or the least sugar cubes and then watch Twin Peaks. Let the sunshine in and it'll all make sense!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

I loved the latest episode, even though I have no idea what it was about. Is this what Nine Inch Nails always sounds like? Horrible!

That mushroom cloud sequence was one of the most beautiful things I've ever laid eyes on.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I've made more sense of plot lines while doing acid in the 1970s. Wait a minute, the key to understanding last night's episode would be finding your old 70s connection and imbibing.
    I watched the first 5 episodes and pulled the rip cord. I like to think I have half a brain, but the pacing is so slow and so incoherent, it makes me feel dumb and unentertained. I liked the original (well, at least the first season), but this feels like Lynch getting a chance to manually gratify himself and we all have to watch. I have liked some Lynch films in the past, but more often than not, and especially with this project, it seems to scream "Hey everybody, look, I am making art. Aren't I a clever artist?"
    "So it goes."
    -Kurt Vonnegut

No worry about spoilers in this thread, no-one knows what is going on.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Well that was a really odd episode, it's really compelling though, I've literally no idea what is going on.
    Ian

I, based on my past experience with his work, still have faith that Lynch will (I won't use the word resolve with Lynch) at least roll most of the clouds away eventually.