Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Marillion's Misplaced Childhood Steven Wilson 5.1 mix

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Was Wilson able to reduce any of the whinniness on some of the songs?
    No. The horse was included contractually.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I watched some of the discussion among the band members and Chris Kimsey on the Blu-Ray last night, and man Fish is difficult to understand. I've never had a problem with his accent on the between-song banter, or speaking with him (a tad) in person. But in free-wheeling conversation like that it's very difficult for me to catch what he's saying. I think maybe it also wasn't miked very well, but the others are a lot easier to understand.
    Didn't have any problem with understanding him myself, but I'm used to hearing his banter and through interviews and all of that.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    Didn't have any problem with understanding him myself, but I'm used to hearing his banter and through interviews and all of that.
    Me too - maybe the audio isn't great, and neither is the audio on the TV I was watching it on.

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Ok ripped the damn bluray and trying to figure out what's what. Any other 2 channel 96/24 listeners figured out which is the "original" 2 channel mix remaster vs. the stereo fold-down of SW's new 5.1 mix?
    Hi, can I ask what you used to rip it? I finally got around to picking up a copy of this. I have a Mac and use MKV for my rips but it was unable to break the copy protect on the blu ray.

I'm hoping to rip the hi rez studio tracks to my portable player.

Did anyone else find the vocals mixed too low in the 5.1? Normally I don't tweak the centre channel for SW mixes but I had to add +3 dB at least to hear Fish properly.

I had the pleasure to watch the Blue ray disc from the Deluxe box set this past weekend, better late than never...the Band's reunion with Chris Kimsey is a true delight and very enjoyable. I'm surprised to have understood Fish's heavy Scottish accent almost throughout the entire interview! Everyone has either no hair, grey hair except for Pete Trewavas who has not aged at all and even has hair!
    But it is very nice to hear everyone's recollections on the recording sessions and how their success was handled at the time and how the voice, piano, guitar, pedals and drums all came together individually and as a whole. Great piece of history, I hope they do the same with the new deluxe version of Clutching at Straws!
    I may be older but, I saw live: Led Zeppelin, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Fish, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Marillion, IQ, UK, Saga, Rush, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Triumph, Magma, Goblin, Porcupine Tree, The Musical Box, Uriah Heep, Dio, David Bowie, Iron Maiden, Queen with Freddie Mercury, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood, Steely Dan, Dream theater, Joe Satriani, you get the idea..

Found this MC thread to post this to:

Saw a few MC live video footage many years ago but not this one, which I ran into yesterday. Has been posted to youtube just yesterday, nice coincidence. The Description at youtube says the person who posted is yet to see it on youtube.

https://youtu.be/4AMRTx5FDJs

Typo correction: actually ran into it just now

MC is the only Marillion that i really liked (Seasons End and Holidays also have some good songs). that said if i was able to get just CD's 1&3 or just the BD, i'd go for it.

this reminded me that i already have a 2-disc, 24-bit remastered version of MC that came out in 1998. it included a few extra tracks and demos for the entire MC album. old technology now.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

By now this (like CaS Deluxe) seems available only from resellers at high prices, not surprisingly. If somehow becomes available close to original price again, it'd be nice to read about that news here. Seems unlikely but anyway.

Among my favorite 5 rock albums of all time, so l am interested in the Live material here that was previously unreleased (unreleased on good quality media: vinyl or disc), and somewhat in the documentary. I guess I either didn't realize or forgot that this release has the Live material, otherwise I'd have purchased earlier. The rest of the content in this release seems much less tempting because I'm not a listener of 5.1 audio and already have the other extras since they're on the late-90s Remaster 2CD edition and such.

I'm not hugely bummed out I missed out on purchasing this because in the worst case scenario its Live material I am talking about looks available for purchase as MP3 at Amazon.

Just got the email from Marillion that they are pressing more of the Misplaced Childhood and Clutching At Straws boxes.

"We are pleased to announce that more copies of the Misplaced Childhood and Clutching At Straws Deluxe Editions are now available for pre-order from the Racket Shop. These titles are due for release on 20th October 2023.

This is an additional pressing of 1000 copies each of these releases and each title includes the A4 print of the album artwork, hand signed by Mark Kelly, Ian Mosley, Steve Rothery and Pete Trewavas."

Let's post here about whether/when the Fish shop too will start selling these, immediately when that news appears!

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Let's post here about whether/when the Fish shop too will start selling these, immediately when that news appears!
    Keep us updated, abc. I’m just happy there’s one more shot to grab those.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I was wondering if Wilson remixed Lavender so that the Dilly Dilly would echo from corner to corner.

The eons are closing
    I was wondering if Wilson remixed Lavender so that the Dilly Dilly would echo from corner to corner.
    I heard a rumour that Wilson mixed in the Bud light version onto select vinyl pressings
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    LOL.