Thread: Jordan Rudess solo shows

Jordan Rudess solo shows

Just returned from a very entertaining solo piano show in Philadelphia by Jordan Rudess. He is classically trained and super talented. Very nice presentation, interweaving his personal history with relevant music for each period in his life. He played some classical pieces and some covers - In the Court of the Crimson King, Space Oddity (with a great local vocalist), Come Sail Away (brief snippet), Tarkus (partial). Then he played a Liquid Tension Experiment Song, some Dream Theater songs, and some solo songs.

I only have a couple of his solo albums and both Liquid Tension Experiment albums, so I didn't know most of the songs outside of the covers that he played. Still enjoyed it very much.

Jordan told the story behind a Band Aid commercial he made when he was 14 and said that it was on Youtube, so we had to look for it.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Time for me to remind people that he was once slated to play keyboards for a reformed Happy the Man. Before the actual reformation.

Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    Just returned from a very entertaining solo piano show in Philadelphia by Jordan Rudess. He is classically trained and super talented. Very nice presentation, interweaving his personal history with relevant music for each period in his life. He played some classical pieces and some covers - In the Court of the Crimson King, Space Oddity (with a great local vocalist), Come Sail Away (brief snippet), Tarkus (partial). Then he played a Liquid Tension Experiment Song, some Dream Theater songs, and some solo songs.

I only have a couple of his solo albums and both Liquid Tension Experiment albums, so I didn't know most of the songs outside of the covers that he played. Still enjoyed it very much.
    I considered going to this show. Really wanted to go, but needed to prioritize.

Sounds like a good one. I have most of his solo stuff. Sounds like you had a great time.