Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: YEStival (Yes/Rundgren/Palmer) Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Akustika View Post
    Where do you see this, I still get regular (full) prices come up - do you need a special code?
    It's from Goldstar.
    https://www.goldstar.com/chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Define ultimate.
    ul·ti·mate
    ˈəltəmət/
    adjective

being or happening at the end of a process; final.
    "their ultimate aim was to force his resignation"

being the best or most extreme example of its kind.
    "the ultimate accolade"

They were promoting this show at the Roger Waters concert (Greensboro) All 3 bands together for that one. Think I might just have to spring for a ticket.. Who knows when I would get another chance like this to see this gathering of bands in one place.. Plus the Yes set list has me intrigued..

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Interesting that in a recent interview Anderson seems to imply that he only wants to make one ARW studio album.

Henry
    At the pace they are going, there wont be time for a 2nd...

From the Yes (Official) Facebook page:

2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees YES and longtime drummer Alan White have today (7/26) announced that Dylan Howe, son of guitarist Steve Howe, will be joining the band’s rhythm section on this summer’s 31-date North American YESTIVAL Tour creating a twin drum powerhouse alongside White, in similar fashion that Bill Bruford and White brought on their Union Tour in the early 1990s with two drummers playing simultaneously.

"It's a pleasure for me to welcome Dylan Howe to the YES stage,” shares White. “I've known Dylan for most of his life and I'm proud to think I've helped to be an inspiration in his musical journey. I'm very much looking forward to performing with him this summer for the upcoming YES tour."

“I feel very honored and fortunate to have got the call to join YES this summer,” adds Dylan. “This to me is, quite possibly, the musical zenith of my career - my love for this music and the great musicianship that runs through it has always been a massive inspiration to me. Bill and Alan’s drumming is why I started playing the drums in the first place, and to have the opportunity to honor their great contribution to drumming whilst playing alongside Alan with my brilliant father and this outstanding lineup is a dream come true for me.”

^I guess White can no longer handle the heavy lifting by himself- not unexpected. But bringing in Dylan Howe is an intriguing move, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Akustika View Post
    At the pace they are going, there wont be time for a 2nd...
    Anderson and Wakeman make a lot of claims. If it happens, great. But to be frank, I'm not expecting it.

Love this move.

Imagine if Oliver was still in the band.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Most excellent news!
    Dylan is a fine drummer!

probably a good move feel like white has been lagging some in the past few years and I really enjoyed what Schellen brought to the band last year. is Schellen busy elsewhere right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Imagine if Oliver was still in the band.
    That was one of my first thoughts as well. I wonder what *that* version of the band could produce.

Sad news. Just confirms that White can't cut it on his own anymore.

The Moody Blues have been using a 2nd drummer for a long time too.

Nepotism: it works for the finest of governments, so why not the finest of bands?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Most excellent news!
    Dylan is a fine drummer!
    And a lot more "Bruford-esque" than Jay Schellen (who I thought did a commendable job.) Hopefully Dylan and Alan will find a way to complement each other.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Nepotism: it works for the finest of governments, so why not the finest of bands?
    If a band is like a family, having family in a band can work well. But, irrespective of that, Dylan is a fantastic musician. I discovered his work through Yes, but he is one of my favourite musicians in his own right. Stravinsky – The Rite Of Spring – Part 1 with Will Butterworth is amazing; Subterranean - New Designs on Bowie's Berlin, sublime.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    probably a good move feel like white has been lagging some in the past few years and I really enjoyed what Schellen brought to the band last year. is Schellen busy elsewhere right now?
    Billy brought Jay in, it seemed like adding a permanent second drummer was in the cards as Alan has slowed down in his old age (as have we all), I'm sure neither Billy or Jay is thrilled about this move, well, that's show biz I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Billy brought Jay in, it seemed like adding a permanent second drummer was in the cards as Alan has slowed down in his old age (as have we all), I'm sure neither Billy or Jay is thrilled about this move, well, that's show biz I guess.
    It might just be that Schellen has a good-paying gig in Las Vegas now and didn't want to give that up.

(I don't know. I've not heard anything beyond the press release.)

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Dylan Howe? An excellent musician Who constantly strives to challenge himself musically. This is a guy who started his professional life putting out some Art Blakey Blue Note quintet jazz messenger like records . And then went from there.

this should be an easy gig for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Bit of a stretch don'tcha think? Yes has a history of weighing their options and planning accordingly.. this is a great move for the band..

Quote Originally Posted by dpt3 View Post
    From the Yes (Official) Facebook page:

2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees YES and longtime drummer Alan White have today (7/26) announced that Dylan Howe, son of guitarist Steve Howe, will be joining the band’s rhythm section on this summer’s 31-date North American YESTIVAL Tour creating a twin drum powerhouse alongside White, in similar fashion that Bill Bruford and White brought on their Union Tour in the early 1990s with two drummers playing simultaneously.

"It's a pleasure for me to welcome Dylan Howe to the YES stage,” shares White. “I've known Dylan for most of his life and I'm proud to think I've helped to be an inspiration in his musical journey. I'm very much looking forward to performing with him this summer for the upcoming YES tour."

“I feel very honored and fortunate to have got the call to join YES this summer,” adds Dylan. “This to me is, quite possibly, the musical zenith of my career - my love for this music and the great musicianship that runs through it has always been a massive inspiration to me. Bill and Alan’s drumming is why I started playing the drums in the first place, and to have the opportunity to honor their great contribution to drumming whilst playing alongside Alan with my brilliant father and this outstanding lineup is a dream come true for me.”
    Clearly a good move for the band. No downside to it really.

Kevin

Nice move. Wouldnt mind seeing him replace Alan full time eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

That will happen eventually.
    The Prog Corner

Ditto.

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973