Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1770

Thread: MLB 2017

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Everybody is "interested" in the idea of having a 25 year old stud superstar perennial MVP candidate. That is like saying men are "interested" in dating SI swimsuit models. It means almost nothing..
    Yep, keep walking back your ignorant comments.

When the Yankees are "interested" it means that they are actively engaging. There are plenty of star players now and in years past that the Yankees were *not* "interested" in, so your attempt to equate this kind of interest with a hypothetical perpetually-ongoing interest in something of purely fantasy probabilities fell pathetically flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Yep, keep walking back your ignorant comments.

When the Yankees are "interested" it means that they are actively engaging. There are plenty of star players now and in years past that the Yankees were *not* "interested" in, so your attempt to equate this kind of interest with a hypothetical perpetually-ongoing interest in something of purely fantasy probabilities fell pathetically flat.
    More absurd insults. I have not "walked back" anything.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/..._make_man.html

The Yankees being "interested" in Machado = me being interested in dating Kate Upton.

One of these days you will be right about something. Keep plugging away!

The show must go on..........
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

More absurd insults. I have not "walked back" anything.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/..._make_man.html

The Yankees being "interested" in Machado = me being interested in dating Kate Upton.

One of these days you will be right about something. Keep plugging away!
    I'm sorry you're having a hard time with this, but this one is in the books: you lose.

There undoubtedly will be a next one, so don't fret too much.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    The show must go on..........
    I can't believe you once thought that I *was* this guy in disguise. Was there a rumor going around that I had been a car accident and suffered brain damage? That I had taken to sniffing glue?

but I had. I clearly said "star player".
    Well, the Blue jays traded Roger Clemens to the Yankees for David Wells and Greame Lloyd. So, there is a precedent. But, I really don't see this happening

NY doesn't have the pitching prospects to give up.
    They certainly do ... but they won't.

By the way, I'm "interested" in dating Kate Upton.....
    She's not very bright. But, yeah.

More absurd insults.
    Yep.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Well, the Blue jays traded Roger Clemens to the Yankees for David Wells and Greame Lloyd. So, there is a precedent. But, I really don't see this happening

They certainly do ... but they won't.
    Yep.
    No, they won't.

The pieces with major league experience that the Yankees are most willing to trade right now (that anybody would want) are Betances, Clint Frazier and Gardner. If the Orioles are insisting on starting pitching to get Machado, then it obviously won't happen unless the Yankees are more willing to deal their pitching prospects than they've let on.

Thing is, I doubt it would take a pitching prospect like Chance Adams to rent Machado for a season. The Orioles can get a player for Machado, but they're not getting a top starting pitching prospect years away from costing the team anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    yeah, the Clemens deal did cross my mind, but I couldn't remember the exact year and couldn't be bothered to look it up, so I said "last 20 years". Should have gone with 15.

yeah, the Clemens deal did cross my mind, but I couldn't remember the exact year and couldn't be bothered to look it up, so I said "last 20 years". Should have gone with 15.
    Machado to the Yankees (or Phillies) is all over the media now.

I never said it was actually going to happen; just that the interest expressed by the Yankees is more than the garden variety interest that any team would have in a big star (because if it was merely that, they why report anything?). The teams are talking. The Orioles have no problem dealing with the Yankees (or Red Sox).

So - please - just eat the crow and move on.

The Cardinals just got Marcell Ozuna from the Marlins.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Jeff Passan is reporting that Shohei Ohtani has a damaged ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Jeff Passan is reporting that Shohei Ohtani has a damaged ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow
    So, Tommy John surgery? No big deal on a pitcher that young. He'll likely come back better than ever.

Machado to the Yankees (or Phillies) is all over the media now.
    Not where I'm looking. These are the top stories right now.

https://news.google.com/news/story/d...M?ned=us&hl=en

Sure, they are like lemmings trying to one-up each other. But, it is ALL speculation.

So, Tommy John surgery? No big deal on a pitcher that young. He'll likely come back better than ever.
    They are not talking surgery. His new team stated that it's normal wear for a player his age. They seem to be confident.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Minnesota just threw away $10 million for Michael Pineda. Then again, in that market, he might not be the head case he was in NY.

So - please - just eat the crow and move on.
    And I'm supposed to eat crow about exactly what Lil' Sweet? Wow.
    You have a serious problem with the English language. Maybe you're a guest in our country? If so, welcome to Amerika comrade!

Breaking news--I now have serious interest in dating Olivia Munn, Erin Andrews, Kristine Leahy and Kate Upton!
    Dilly Dilly!

I can't believe you once thought that I *was* this guy in disguise. Was there a rumor going around that I had been a car accident and suffered brain damage? That I had taken to sniffing glue?
    No. It was when you were banned for a week from ProgressiveEars.org -- need us to refresh your memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    No. It was when you were banned for a week from ProgressiveEars.org -- need us to refresh your memory?
    As someone who has been banned yourself, you do offer a unique perspective.

In any event it is not true that I was given a one-week suspension from this site. It was TWO weeks.
    Last edited by Facelift; 12-13-2017 at 03:50 PM.

As someone who has been banned yourself
    I have never been banned from ProgressiveEars.org

Get that strike out over with right away.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Judge 2nd and Stanton 3rd makes the most sense.

Judge 2nd and Stanton 3rd makes the most sense.
    I think Stanton, Sanchez or even Gregorius behind him would be good.

If you're posting Yankees tidbits, Scott, we can officially retitle this thread The YES Network.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

[QUOTE=Gruno;761112]I have never been banned from ProgressiveEars.org[/QUO

Then you have GOT to start applying yourself!!!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence