Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakeman WILL attend RRHOF Induction; snubs Howe, White, Bruford in the process

Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post
    Using an anagram of both YES and ARW, I came up with:

Attachment 9741

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Was this a skirmish, or the beginning of a war? Round 1, ARW seize the logo/name. Round 2, official Yes management get people showing this to back down? Round 3???

What happens now around the Hall of Fame induction?

Henry
    fisticuffs at the RnRhOf. headline news in all relevant mags/sites. renewed cred with the punk/indie/scene. UNiON2. in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I blame Brian Lane.
    Sadly one of the more bankable assumptions in Yes history. The only hope of this ending well vis-a-vis the R&RHOF ceremony is for Jon, Trevor and Rick to deny any knowledge. Except Rick will probably screw the pooch:

"It was all my idea. Ya hear that Howie? MY IDEA. Pffffftttt!!!!"
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post
    Using an anagram of both YES and ARW, I came up with:

Attachment 9741

If they get together with Geddy and Alex, they could call themselves Tom S.A.W.Y.E.R.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Perfect. This way, the RRHOF gets to shoot back on Yes fans, "this is what you wanted?"
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Beginning to feel like this is going to be an embarrassment...

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    WEARYS

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    WEARYS
    I'll go with: YES WAR
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    I'll go with: YES WAR
    To the tune of ELP's "Street War".

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    To the tune of ELP's "Street War".
    No disrespect meant but....ELP's "Street War" doesn't have a tune.

I don't even remember ELP's "Street War".

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I don't even remember ELP's "Street War".
    Count your blessings.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

New interview with Trevor Rabin from The Jerusalem Post:

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Cul...-Israel-483199

An interesting interview - Trevor talks about playing in Israel, calls Roger Waters an idiot, mentions almost forming a band with Jack Bruce and Keith Emerson, and says his plans for the R&R HOF induction (“I don’t know about the others, but Jon, Rick and I are going to perform.")

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    New interview with Trevor Rabin from The Jerusalem Post:

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Cul...-Israel-483199

An interesting interview - Trevor talks about playing in Israel, calls Roger Waters an idiot, mentions almost forming a band with Jack Bruce and Keith Emerson, and says his plans for the R&R HOF induction (“I don’t know about the others, but Jon, Rick and I are going to perform.")
    Never knew Trevor's family name used to be Rabinowitz. Damn, I've always thought Rabin was an odd name and wondered about it. If I'd known he was Jewish I might have guessed that.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Never knew Trevor's family name used to be Rabinowitz. Damn, I've always thought Rabin was an odd name and wondered about it. If I'd known he was Jewish I might have guessed that.
    Seriously, Jed? 'Rabin' is the common abbreviation of Rabinowitz - as in Yitzhak Rabin's name. You knew about the rather large Jewish settlement i South-Africa, right?

FWIW, there's little "exotic" about rock musicians performing in Israel - the country sports a substantial scene for all kinds of music and cultivated a significant underground "progressive" scene as late as the 2000s, with some 70s progressive artists (check Arik Einstein, Matti Caspi, Yehudit Ravitz, Shlomo Gronich, Shem Tov-Levy and numerous others) becoming major figures in Israeli music as such ever since.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Seriously, Jed? 'Rabin' is the common abbreviation of Rabinowitz - as in Yitzhak Rabin's name. You knew about the rather large Jewish settlement i South-Africa, right?
    I'd be surprised if Jed has heard of Israel.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

How about Gabon? He's heard of that one, right?

Huge prog scene there too. Enormous, in fact.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I was under the impression that the Yes band name was owned by Squire. Did anyone purchase it from his estate after he died? Or am I incorrect in assuming Squire still owned the rights to the name as a band?
    Perhaps Brian Lane purchased the band name rights and plans to auction it off to the highest bidders...
    This thread is so long, someone could have mentioned this and I would've missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    I was under the impression that the Yes band name was owned by Squire. Did anyone purchase it from his estate after he died? Or am I incorrect in assuming Squire still owned the rights to the name as a band?
    Perhaps Brian Lane purchased the band name rights and plans to auction it off to the highest bidders...
    This thread is so long, someone could have mentioned this and I would've missed it.
    Before Squire's death, Henry has reported that the band name was owned jointly by Squire, Howe and White. Since his death, Squire's estate presumably owns his share.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm sure he doesn't know who Adelewitz is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    How about Gabon? He's heard of that one, right?

Huge prog scene there too. Enormous, in fact.

it's huge. totally amazing, just ridiculous. all the others, total losers. look at what's happening in uzbekistan.

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    it's huge. totally amazing, just ridiculous. all the others, total losers. look at what's happening in uzbekistan.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    look at what's happening in uzbekistan.
    Hey! Those Uzbeks even used to have their own prog forum! Quite an enlightening one as well, as I recall...

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    Squire never had sole ownership of the Yes name. That was just a fan myth that built up.

Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman have started using the Yes name. Best I can tell, they have no rights to do this. One report suggests lawyers on both sides are talking. And not the, "Oh, hi, how are you? Shall we meet up for a coffee?" kind of talking.

Before Squire's death, Henry has reported that the band name was owned jointly by Squire, Howe and White. Since his death, Squire's estate presumably owns his share.
    Possibly, maybe not presumably. Some partnerships have clauses that if someone dies, their share goes to the others and isn't inherited. Squire's estate will be getting all the royalties though, I presume.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/