Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185
Results 4,601 to 4,624 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

Follow the links. You can read everything yourself (my English is not good enough to relate everything adequately)

https://www.facebook.com/10000226741...ibextid=Nif5oz

https://www.seetickets.com/event/car...l-club/2812003

What's the process for buying from the ABC using US dollars? Do I have to convert them to Pounds myself somehow, or do I just pay however many dollars are equivalent and they take it from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Snikle View Post
    What's the process for buying from the ABC using US dollars? Do I have to convert them to Pounds myself somehow, or do I just pay however many dollars are equivalent and they take it from there?
    They automatically convert....I use PayPal in USD and the invoice will give you both the £ and $ amount.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    They automatically convert....I use PayPal in USD and the invoice will give you both the £ and $ amount.
    Thank you! I'm not sure what I want to get yet, probably a Little Man CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Snikle View Post
    Thank you! I'm not sure what I want to get yet, probably a Little Man CD.
    Absolutely. I would say that it might be worth getting a few things with the shipping rate. What's a few quid?

Wayside also sells most Cardiacs CD. Might save you a lot of shipping costs by ordering through them

http://www.waysidemusic.com/search.a...yword=cardiacs

Agree about Wayside being a good option for those of us on this side of the pond. ABC does offer some cool merch that's unavailable anywhere else, though, so what I've also done is wait until the itch for a shirt or something else strikes me and then tack a cd or two that I don't have yet on to that order.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Great news btw from Jim re: giving 'On Land/Sea' the deluxe box set treatment. I'm in for all of it....every last speck of sand on the beach.

Great news btw from Jim re: giving 'On Land/Sea' the deluxe box set treatment. I'm in for all of it....every last speck of sand on the beach.
    I must’ve missed that, but yes please. I’ve got real genuine folding money that’ll exchange for any such boxed set!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Gun to my head - absolutely one of my favorite tunes of the 80s ever by anybody. Incidentally, I never heard it until the 2000's.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^ Love it.

https://www.talkhouse.com/now-is-the-time-for-cardiacs/

A very nice piece written by a "new" fan. He gets it.

https://www.loudersound.com/features...s-mike-vennart

I love Mike's choices here, especially "A Game for Bertie's Party" live from The Garage Concerts.

I played Cardiacs on my debut radio show last Saturday. Okay, so it was Stoneage Dinosaurs, the 'entry-level' Cardiacs song, but I had to ease them in gently LOL! It's a broad show and range of listeners, so not all prog and certainly not all challenging material (but not the same old-same old either, as I don't see the point in that). I plan on incorporating them in at least every other week if I can make the space... perhaps an 'artist spotlight' 3-pack kind of thing would be fun to do.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

https://www.talkhouse.com/now-is-the-time-for-cardiacs/

A very nice piece written by a "new" fan. He gets it.
    Very similar to my story from three years ago, including being knocked out by the Maresnest video near the beginning of my journey. I hadn't realized that Ditzy Scene was comprised of late works, though - I need to pick that up now. Here's to another convert!
    David

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Very similar to my story from three years ago, including being knocked out by the Maresnest video near the beginning of my journey. I hadn't realized that Ditzy Scene was comprised of late works, though - I need to pick that up now. Here's to another convert!
    "Ditzy Scene" was apparently the opening track on LSD, and I think Kavus wrote the lyrics (and Tim the music). It was going to be remixed for the album proper. Killer tune!

"Ditzy Scene" was apparently the opening track on LSD, and I think Kavus wrote the lyrics (and Tim the music). It was going to be remixed for the album proper. Killer tune!
    Love it, bought it. I also appreciate the quote from the article where the writer's wife says of Maresnest: “It’s all starting to sound like one giant song.”. That's surprisingly apt, and I sometimes feel the same way, that the entire catalog is comprised of movements from one giant opus.
    David

Killer!

^^^
    Holy crap - what I wouldn't give for a recording of this, video or audio, with decent sound. The four-guitar army - what energy!
    David

It looks like Kavus is playing at Gouveia Art Rock Festival on May 4 with Gong, the same day as the second Sing to Tim show in London. I'm a bit disappointed, since I (perhaps mistakenly) thought he would be a part of the Sing to Tim concerts.

Outside of Jo Spratley and Jim Smith (in the interview linked above), I realize I haven't heard much either way about which Cardiacs alumni might be a part of these concerts. Does anyone have more information?

I have tickets for the 4 May Sing to Tim event as well and it is a pity Kavus wont be there.

Gong is probably his mail source of income now and bills have to be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post

Outside of Jo Spratley and Jim Smith (in the interview linked above), I realize I haven't heard much either way about which Cardiacs alumni might be a part of these concerts. Does anyone have more information?
    I heared there are two sets to be played. Mr Drake will play a set and one set of Cardiacs members playing Timmy songs. I suppose mr Drake is also part of the Cardiacs line up.
    But yeah, its been quiet at the Alphabet Business Concern.

Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post
    Jo Spratley
    I hope she's going to bring along her wonderful husband to play some guitar, especially since he's responsible for co-composing some of my favourite Cardiacs' tunes.

And I hope this event will be filmed at least amateurishly by some kind pondie for everybody to enjoy.
    I would love to attend, but it's somewhat troublesome these crazy days to get to Albion from my motherland.