Page 116 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 4631

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

"Appealing to Venus" - how amazing is this tune? The most gorgeous melody, with an equally amazing bridge. I can hum this melody for hours.

The new one is growing on me. I'm not ready to give any thoughts just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    "Appealing to Venus" - how amazing is this tune? The most gorgeous melody, with an equally amazing bridge. I can hum this melody for hours.

The new one is growing on me. I'm not ready to give any thoughts just yet.
    about 28 BP right now for the EP. Darn

Quote Originally Posted by The Twickerman View Post
    I'll stick my neck out here - I think the songs sounded much better live than on the CD.

I'll also say that keyboard player did a phenomenal job programming.

And finally - the whole band did it justice. Great job!
    Wow, sounds great....those are strong words. I have no doubt it was great, although off the top of me head, I would miss Tim's vocals. Was this professionally captured in either audio or video?

Did they do Fanny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is, a great deal of vocals you think are by Tim are actually Jo singing. It's uncanny.

I always assumed that they dueted(?) on stuff like Fanny and Don't You Ail... i'm prepared to be wrong though. Sad i missed the show.

setlist.jpg

there ya go.

Flap = Flap Off You Beak?

Cuz uh, if so, someone's gonna have to post a video of that
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

How about the moment in "Let Alone My Plastic Doll" where both Tim and Kavus unleash on that high note - I think its a Bb - fucking hell. Its one of those moments you can hit 'freeze' for a moment and say to yourself "Is this the single greatest moment of this band, ever?". In truth, its not nor can it be since there are many other moments that are as momentous and powerful as that one, but it sure feels like it could be. I can't imagine the feeling Sir Kavus and maestro Tim had in their hearts during this moment - just sheer devastating beauty on top of orgasmic ecstasy. This shows the true power one single note contains if used correctly and with conviction. Is this hyperbole? Not in my world.

For ANYONE who missed Spratleys Japs in Brighton a few weeks ago ... they're playing (with GUAPO) at the Lexington in London on January 15th. Just found out and bought my tickets immediately. More than excited. Thought i'd let any Pondies out there who can make it that it's on!!!

^ That'll be a weekend of fun for anyone in London who likes 'that kind of thing'. The previous evening (14th) will be a Knifeworld acoustic show with Admirals Hard at The Islington.

I'll be preforming sets with three bands in two days which will be a first. Very fucking excited to see Spratleys, I was unable to attend the Brighton show but apparently it was spectacular.

Really looking forward to the Lexington, i've been unfortunate to miss out on Guapo before too, so this is a double-header to savour. I may even say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    ^ That'll be a weekend of fun for anyone in London who likes 'that kind of thing'. The previous evening (14th) will be a Knifeworld acoustic show with Admirals Hard at The Islington.

I'll be preforming sets with three bands in two days which will be a first. Very fucking excited to see Spratleys, I was unable to attend the Brighton show but apparently it was spectacular.
    I'm one of those maniacs flying over to see you play with three bands! Spratleys should be a fantastic capper to the weekend... about as close as I can get to a Cardiacs weekend now. So I'm saying to hell with money and hitting the skies! If I have a drink with everyone I want to meet from the Cardiacs group - I'll be dead by Sunday morning. HA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flower View Post
    Really looking forward to the Lexington, i've been unfortunate to miss out on Guapo before too, so this is a double-header to savour. I may even say hello!
    See ya there!

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    I'm one of those maniacs flying over to see you play with three bands! Spratleys should be a fantastic capper to the weekend... about as close as I can get to a Cardiacs weekend now. So I'm saying to hell with money and hitting the skies! If I have a drink with everyone I want to meet from the Cardiacs group - I'll be dead by Sunday morning. HA.
    I'm jealous.

Have fun, man! And be careful.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Have fun, would love to join you.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

That's great, Eric. Looking forward to meeting you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    That's great, Eric. Looking forward to meeting you!
    So lucky to be able to make it. Really excited!

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I'm jealous.

Have fun, man! And be careful.
    Thanks! My wife was the one who made me do it too. Now that is lucky! "Honey - go to the U.K. and see some shows!" There is only one answer to that. Haha.

Thanks! My wife was the one who made me do it too. Now that is lucky! "Honey - go to the U.K. and see some shows!" There is only one answer to that. Haha.
    Man, you must have the Best.Wife.Ever.!!!

Knifeworld, Admirals hard, Guapo and the Japs...all in one weekend! Man...I am soooo tempted...

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Knifeworld, Admirals hard, Guapo and the Japs...all in one weekend! Man...I am soooo tempted...
    I know, right? If only I lived on the other side of the pond, I'd totally attend this.

Enjoy Eric.....Pretty jealous. Sounds like a blast and a half. In a perfect world I'd get my arse over there but that's not the case. The shows aside, England is an amazingly wonderful place - I just f'ing love it there. It was tough boarding the plane back to NYC last fall.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Enjoy Eric.....Pretty jealous. Sounds like a blast and a half. In a perfect world I'd get my arse over there but that's not the case. The shows aside, England is an amazingly wonderful place - I just f'ing love it there. It was tough boarding the plane back to NYC last fall.
    Thanks man! Another US Pondie is going too - a FB friend from Kansas. We plan on being horrible bastards so America is represented well.

We plan on being horrible bastards so America is represented well.

Where you headed once you're there?