Thread: Polyphia

Polyphia

I just discovered this band and thought they could use some support. I find it to be really nice tasteful work from these young kids!
    They're playing some little place in Hamden CT Thursday night...
    Enjoy...or not

I never heard of them, but they're coming to the Union Transfer in Philly on August 4. (They just started a pretty extensive tour.) They are described by Prog Archives as Post Rock/Math Rock: "Their music is instrumental and all the four are extremely skilled." I think their music has enough variety to keep my interest for an entire show.

https://www.polyphia.com/

I like Polyphia a lot. Great chops and often tricky compositions, but their music remains extremely accessible. I like Chon as well, who are similar, but I've come to enjoy Polyphia even more.

Bill

The eons are closing
    thnx for the heads-up! will check em

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    Just listened to the two new trax - enjoyed them, especially Playing God

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Isn't that the band with the guitarist who was mouthing off about "Boomer bends" (as in string bending) awhile back?!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Just listened to the two new trax - enjoyed them, especially Playing God
    That is a good one!

We just got tickets for the Philly show. Here is their tour schedule. Note that many shows are already sold out or have a low number of tickets left.
    296111958_596081138553434_8810339576752998271_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    We just got tickets for the Philly show.
    How is the Union Transfer as a venue for shows? Vision, seating, levels, parking?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by D.Eric View Post
    How is the Union Transfer as a venue for shows? Vision, seating, levels, parking?
    It's your basic club atmosphere. It's mostly all standing. Not bad, but we either get there early for front row or for a slightly raised portion off to the side that is nice. There is a paid parking lot.

More of your questions can be answered by their FAQ - https://utphilly.com/faq/ -

"Union Transfer is a general admission venue and mostly standing room only. However, we do have LIMITED seating upstairs in our showroom balcony. Please note, all seating is first come first served."