Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Remember Richard Burmer of 10th Anniversary of His Passing

Orcopian
    I ripped my Richard burmer cd's in lossless and have been listening tonight on headphones, sonically the music is amazing, crystal clear and very dynamic. I haven't listened to it for years and that would have been several hi fi systems ago. The track ave pladaelio from mosaic is superb with the sequenced marimba sounds it could be from Peter Gabriel's 4th. It really is beautiful music.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcopian View Post
    I ripped my Richard burmer cd's in lossless and have been listening tonight on headphones, sonically the music is amazing, crystal clear and very dynamic. I haven't listened to it for years and that would have been several hi fi systems ago. The track ave pladaelio from mosaic is superb with the sequenced marimba sounds it could be from Peter Gabriel's 4th. It really is beautiful music.
    I concur. The music's great and it sounds great. I remember an interview with Richard in Music Technology way back in '88. He said he recorded all the music "dry" and added effects in post!

Richard's sense of imaging is second-to-none. For what is essentially "all-electronic" music he gets a lot of realism in his instruments.