Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Band Logos

Best Band Logos

Still my favorite:

Industrial band Einstürzende Neubauten was brilliant with their logo: it was simple and catchy, and a fan could easily draw a sophomore-ish version --- for people that like industrial music during its hey day in the 90s, they knew the band just from the logo even if they couldnt pronounce the name

I also like ELO's first logo which was a spin on the GE logo

Roger Dean is responsible for Yes (or, YES) and Osibisa. Do stylized names count as logos?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Roger Dean is responsible for Yes (or, YES) and Osibisa. Do stylized names count as logos?
    absolutely

I like the Rush starman.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Laura

Yes' is the most iconic of the prog ones, to me. Certainly, The Beatles' logo is as iconic as it gets; although it's not a great design. There are some really great ones, but also many more missed opportunities from a graphic design perspective, IMO. The AWB one in the OP is a missed opportunity.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Yes' is the most iconic of the prog ones, to me. Certainly, The Beatles' logo is as iconic as it gets; although it's not a great design. There are some really great ones, but also many more missed opportunities from a graphic design perspective, IMO. The AWB one in the OP is a missed opportunity.
    things were different back then and function had to be balanced with form: the AWB logo back then may have been designed the way it was for silk screening purposes for single color T Shirts or easy steniciling, such wouldnt be thecase today where more finer attributes or lines in the logo or in detail could be appended so "adding to" ( I mean, the "B" could be made into boobs )

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

....aaaaand Cap'n Obvious submits for your consideration...

ELP.jpg
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

The Yes "bubble" logo is a favorite. So is the Thin Lizzy. The Van Der Graaf Generator logo, the one on the covers of Godbluff, Still Life, and World Record, is also great.

The Who had a couple cool logos, the one with the two H's linked together (and the "male" symbol in place of the O) and the one with "THE" going vertically and "WHO" going horizontally.

The Kiss logo is notable, if only because it led to the band being accused of being Nazis.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    compoop.jpg

I always thought it would be funny to get some of these printed up as bumper stickers.

I nominate Magma's.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    A bit like Kayak

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I nominate Magma's.

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    things were different back then and function had to be balanced with form: the AWB logo back then may have been designed the way it was for silk screening purposes for single color T Shirts or easy steniciling, such wouldnt be thecase today where more finer attributes or lines in the logo or in detail could be appended so "adding to" ( I mean, the "B" could be made into boobs )
    I disagree. Simplicity applies to logos all the time. It always had and always will. A good logo still needs to be reproducible in one color. It's an amateurish design and execution. If it was reduced to a tiny size, it would be unreadable.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I always thought the Angel logo was pretty cool, because it was the same upside-down.

The band sucked, though.

I disagree. Simplicity applies to logos all the time. It always had and always will.
    I like Muse's for that reason...

"Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I always thought the Angel logo was pretty cool, because it was the same upside-down.
    However, if you turn the Dio logo upside down, it kind of looks like "devil". Which would be quite impressive if it was intentional, but it probably wasn't. Just like Judas Priest probably didn't intend Exciter to sound like "I asked for a peppermint, I asked for her to get one" when played backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post

I disagree. Simplicity applies to logos all the time. It always had and always will. A good logo still needs to be reproducible in one color. It's an amateurish design and execution. If it was reduced to a tiny size, it would be unreadable.
    somebody needs to tell that to death metal bands...... I understand what you mean by amateurish execution, but amateurish design? i thought it was clever

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart