Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuff said at the end of a fade-out...

Stuff said at the end of a fade-out...

Sometimes you hear something sung or spoken at the end of a song when it's fading out, but you don't hear it anywhere else in the song. The "I bury Paul/cranberry sauce" one is a good example. Two examples which I always found amusing were the Stones' "Start Me Up" and Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing." At the very end of "Start Me Up" you can hear "you make a dead man cum" instead of the usual "you make a grown man cry." I guess it's only the album version of "Sexual Healing" where at the very end you can hear "Don't procrastinate / It's good to masturbate."

Are there any more examples of this type of thing? It doesn't have to be humourous, just interesting.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

^Those 'Start Me Up' lyrics are lifted from the notorious 1930s blues recording 'Shave 'Em Dry' by Lucille Bogan.

John Lennon was keen on these oddball moments. 'Meat City' ends with something about phone-tapping, if I remember rightly!

Towards the end of Rush's Vital Signs, Geddy sings "everybody got to evelate from the norm" at one point instead of "...elevate..."

On ABBA's Summer Night City, Björn very obviously sings "fucking in the moonlight" instead of "walking" just as the song is about to fade out completely.

At the end of "Armenia City in the Sky," on The Who Sell Out, someone says "Fade Out Fade Out."

At the end of the studio version of "Los Endos," Phil sings "There's an angel standing in the sun / Free to get back home"
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zravkapt View Post
    At the very end of "Start Me Up" you can hear "you make a dead man cum" instead of the usual "you make a grown man cry."
    Windows 95 was not that good.

Im going off thread here, but I feel none other than a appropriate moment to bring up the "F-you" from Dave Davies mouth in the original take of "You Really Got Me". It's not during a fade out and the song doesn't fade out at all. Seconds before the guitar solo....Dave says "F- You " to Ray in the studio which was forbidden in those days from every angle in music. Ray Davies claims that you must listen closely to hear it and that the voice of his brother is slightly reminiscent of Alvin and the Chipmunks. That's pretty radical for 1964.....The Kinks really had that pre-punk attitude.

When arriving at Kennedy Airport a big fat customs officer asked Ray Davies...."Are you a Beatle or a girl?" Ray said..."That's right, I'm a girl and so is my brother" That's so Punk to have acted like that in '64 . Actually it might have been '65, but nevertheless very rebellious for the U.S.

Towards the end (but before it starts fading out) of "Spanish Castle Magic," Jimi says "I can't sing this song."

At the end of Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne, the sound at the end is a studio engineer saying "An Egg" through an oscillator. Ozzy had asked him what he had for breakfast that morning.

"I've got blisters on me fingers!"

"How are we ever gonna get THAT one in there?"

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    Towards the end (but before it starts fading out) of "Spanish Castle Magic," Jimi says "I can't sing this song."
    Yes! Lol!

I just listened to the new Betty Davis Columbia Years archive release for the first time this morning. Several of the tracks end with studio chatter in the unmistakable growl of hubby/producer Miles. The one that sticks in my mind is something like "Sing it like that again, with the gum in your mouth and all, bitch."
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Miles, what a charmer.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    "I've got blisters on me fingers!"
    Often mis-attributed to John when it was, in fact, Ringo.

Speaking of John, "Cranberry sauce."
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Really? It sounds like John. Why would a drummer get blisters?

Re: cranberry sauce -- see post #1

[edit: you're right of course!
    Ringo is the correct answer, but the point that no one has made yet is that the original take of Helter Skelter was 26 MINUTES LONG! A Herculean task for any drummer, no matter how hardened the callouses on the hands were.
    ]

The end of the Beatles' Baby You're a Rich Man: they throw in "baby you're a rich fag Jew" Amazing they got away with that.

What is David Crosby saying at the beginning of Deja Vu, or Carry On? Sounds like he's speaking in tongues.

Knowing Crosby, he probably was

I think he says some gibberish right before the start of Merrekesh Express. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Miles, what a charmer.
    I remember being a bit startled the first time I got to the end of Miles Smiles. (random bass note) "C'mon play that! Teo...? Teo...?"

Queen, Let Me Entertain You- lots of backstage talk fading with the music.

Not quite on fade out but at the end of Star by David Bowie as the backing vocalists are singing bum-bum-bum David says 'just watch me now' - but because the backing vocalists have not quite finished, I always thought he was 'saying just watch me bum'.

Quote Originally Posted by grandinq View Post
    The end of the Beatles' Baby You're a Rich Man: they throw in "baby you're a rich fag Jew" Amazing they got away with that.
    They didn’t. It’s an urban legend.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Steve Hackett's "Who are all these people in my office anyway?" at the end of "The Ballad of the Decomposing Man" always makes me chuckle.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

I like when Peter sings "It's scrambled eggs..." at the end of Isle of Plenty. lol