Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riverside Update

Riverside Update

http://riversideband.pl/en/

Hello everyone,

A few months have passed. Memories are blending with new prospects and questions about the future of the band, but most of all with realising our plans. Below you will find (partly to jog your memory, partly to reassure you we're still here) a little reminder about Riverside plans for 2016.

Very soon, on July 22nd, courtesy of Inside Out, our first ever 5.1 album will be released. A special edition of "Love, Fear and the Time Machine" has been prepared on CD + DVDA, and apart from 5.1 surround, there will also be a hi-res stereo 24 version, a bonus track "Day Session" (also in hi-res stereo 24), a videoclip to "Found" and three video trailers. You can now pre-order it on Inside Out website.

After the holidays, we're planning further two releases: an album and a book.

On October 21st, thanks to Inside Out and Mystic Production, a double album compilation of all our instrumental tracks will be released. More than a hundred minutes of music on double CD mediabook and triple LP, including, among others, new mixes of tracks from 2007/2008, bonus tracks from our latest two albums and new, previously unreleased material recorded with Piotr in January and February 2016. As you may have already noticed, the acronym "EOTS" stands for "Eye of the Soundscape".

The end of this year will see the release of our biography which we have been working on for two years. In answer to the question whether it is perhaps to early for such a publication, let us just say that had we not decided to go ahead with it, we would never have a chance to learn about some of what has been said in preparation for that biography. For now, only Polish language version has been planned. We don't know whether it will be possible to find a foreign publisher or whether there will even be a need to, but, naturally, we wouldn't mind if there was

And each of us is currently following his own music and near-music projects as well, more about it in separate posts.

After the holidays, we will reveal more about our future. Stay with us. And for the summer months, we wish you a lot of peace, rest and obviously time to listen to our music as often as you would like

R.

Apparently the band will make a big announcement tomorrow about their future.
    I guess there are only 2 options: either they call it a day because they can't imagine carrying on without Piotr, or they announce the name of their new guitar player.

Here's their announcement this morning;

Dear Friends,

We'd like to thank you again for your friendship and support throughout this most tragic time for us and we'd like to officially announce that we have made a decision about our future.

We have decided that we are not going to do a casting for a new guitarist. Thus we have ceased to be a quartet and have become a trio. In this line-up we will prepare our new studio album. Both in the recording studio and on tour - if we get back to touring - we will be playing with session guitarists, who are our friends, whom we know and like. But the line-up of Riverside will be as shown in the picture.

Yes, we do realise that this is not going to be the same band. We know that for many of you the story of Riverside ends here, this year, and that "Eye of the Soundscape" might be the last Riverside album you'll buy. We know that some of you can't imagine this band without the characteristic guitar of Piotr Grudziński and for you Riverside has ceased to exist. But our story is not over yet; with a flaw, with a scar, with a wealth of new experiences, we have decided to go on.

We know stories of many bands that have survived and have been successful, in spite of all. And we want to be the living proof that giving up is not an option and that we can be an inspiration for others, too. For as long as we can, we'll continue to do our best to create and meet with you wherever the emotions are running high. Grudzień will still be with us. We are definitely not going to forget him. He's a part of our lives. But in order for the memory of him to survive, we have to continue. And we want to. So we're embarking on another journey and we are thankful to everyone who will join us.

Our plans for the nearest future?

Next year we're going to start working on a new album. Marked by the circumstances, it will probably be a return to heavier and more intense sound. But before that, in February 2017, on the anniversary of Piotr's death, we'd like to play our first gig. A very special gig which will be an exceptional event. We'd like to play it with guests, with friends, for Piotr, for us. And for you. We'd like our music to be the hero of that day, we'd like to let it speak for itself. We'll give you more details about it in the coming weeks.

The river will never be the same again but it doesn't mean it has to stop flowing.

Best regards,
    Mariusz Duda, Piotr Kozieradzki, Michał Łapaj

That's good news, Duda is a good guitarist himself so this new Riverside trio sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    I guess there are only 2 options: either they call it a day because they can't imagine carrying on without Piotr, or they announce the name of their new guitar player.
    ... or option 3, which is carry on as a trio.

Which I'm very happy about. The band has handled this entire tragic situation with grace and class, and I eagerly anticipate their future artistic output.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSolution View Post
    ... or option 3, which is carry on as a trio.

Which I'm very happy about. The band has handled this entire tragic situation with grace and class, and I eagerly anticipate their future artistic output.
    Yeah, I know. After posting yesterday, I thought "Wait, there's a third option, they could carry on as a trio... Nah, ain't gonna happen!"
    That'll teach me!
    I'm curious about the result. It'll certainly leave more space to Duda's fantastic bass playing. I don't know how much guitar they'll add though.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

So sad losing Piotr and the path Riverside was on. I really love their material. But the best tribute to him is to carry on. I'm sure he'd want that, like most good band members would. I will certainly support them.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Glad they are continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Glad they are continuing.
    Great news.

I'm not sure exactly why, but this announcement fills me with great joy. I am rooting for these guys 100%.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    When I read the first post, about the releases planned for this year, I kind of felt bad, because I don't really think I need any of those things, and it didn't describe a real future direction from them. Bu this second announcement is great - I think they have exactly the right attitude and a good plan. It must be very hard, but they're making good decisions.

About those releases this year: I'm sure they are in large part meant to help the band subsist financially, so I actually will consider them.

And today they have announced that work has begun on their next studio album:

Dear Friends,

We've just started recordings for the new, seventh Riverside album (traditionally, in Serakos Studio in Warsaw). It will be our first album recorded as a trio.

Because "our world ended" two years ego, we've decided that the new release will be "post apocalyptic" in nature. We've been toying with such sound for quite some time but now the story has gained a much deeper meaning.

And because of the "post-apo" nature of the album, the music will be much heavier and darker, but still atmospheric, full of soundscapes and with a lot of live instruments.

Most of the music has been written by Mariusz, who will now be responsible not only for acoustic but also for rhythm guitars. There will also be a lot of contributions from Michał.

There will be guests, my ost importantly Maciej Meller, so those of you who were now expecting only bass solos can breathe a sigh of relief

What will our music without Grudzień be like? It will still be Riverside music. The new album will be different but it would have been different even if Grudzień was still with us. You know that we don't like recording two similar albums and so we are not intending to imitate the sound of one of our past releases. Our music has become more serious and more mature, so get ready for a manly and emotional album. The release date has been tentatively planned for the end of September this year.

Thank you for being with us.

They also shared a very cool album of 50+ photos of their working in the studio: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Riversid...73589129319661

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    And today they have announced that work has begun on their next studio album:

Dear Friends,

We've just started recordings for the new, seventh Riverside album (traditionally, in Serakos Studio in Warsaw). It will be our first album recorded as a trio.

Because "our world ended" two years ego, we've decided that the new release will be "post apocalyptic" in nature. We've been toying with such sound for quite some time but now the story has gained a much deeper meaning.

And because of the "post-apo" nature of the album, the music will be much heavier and darker, but still atmospheric, full of soundscapes and with a lot of live instruments.

Most of the music has been written by Mariusz, who will now be responsible not only for acoustic but also for rhythm guitars. There will also be a lot of contributions from Michał.

There will be guests, my ost importantly Maciej Meller, so those of you who were now expecting only bass solos can breathe a sigh of relief

What will our music without Grudzień be like? It will still be Riverside music. The new album will be different but it would have been different even if Grudzień was still with us. You know that we don't like recording two similar albums and so we are not intending to imitate the sound of one of our past releases. Our music has become more serious and more mature, so get ready for a manly and emotional album. The release date has been tentatively planned for the end of September this year.

Thank you for being with us.

They also shared a very cool album of 50+ photos of their working in the studio: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Riversid...73589129319661
    I'm usually not into heavy music but I'm quite happy that they are going for a heavier and darker sound. For me Riverside's strength is in the contrast between heavy and melodic. The last album was their most melodic yet but lacked some balls IMO.

I really enjoy Riverside. Hope the new LP is as good as the last one...
    The Prog Corner

Good for them. I'll keep my eye out for this for sure.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm definitely in. Saw Riverside at FMPM about 8 years ago and they were incredible. Sorry for their loss.

Looking forward to hearing their new album. Still sorry for the loss of Piotr, the lyrics from Love, Fear & The Time Machine are even more emotional after his passing.
    And this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN0uSZ8xNcs

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I'm tentatively in.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

And another update from the guys:

Well, we're back in the game! We're happy to tell you that our seventh album will be called "Wasteland" and will be released at the end of September this year. More info soon!

I like the "7" hidden in the artwork. This could be great. Even without Piotr.
    The Prog Corner

I think this one's a pre-order as soon as it's announced. The band just seem to go from strength to strength, in spite of the awful personal setbacks.

I saw them on their "recovery tour" last year, and they were such a class act - I just wanted to reach out and give them all a handshake and a hug (and I know a lot of people who did just that post-gig).

But until the main dish is served in September, I'll settle for the appetiser that is Lunatic Soul, as Mariusz is putting out album number six this weekend.

^^ Yes, I echo your thoughts Valen. I love Riverside, Love Fear and The Time Machine is one of my fave albums, looking forward to the next.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    And another update from the guys:

Well, we're back in the game! We're happy to tell you that our seventh album will be called "Wasteland" and will be released at the end of September this year. More info soon!
    Part of that info could include the announcement of Riverside performing at ROSfest May 2019 in Sarasota, FL.

RosFest 2019 eh, sounds great, Florida will never be the same