Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: BEARDFISH call it quits

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Finally got the boxed set. Wasn't Mammoth released as a 2CD set? Did it have a bonus disk?
    Yes, mine has a DVD Live at De Boerderij, which is quite good actually. But I'm sure those 'no frills' boxes are just the individual albums, at that price.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yes, mine has a DVD Live at De Boerderij, which is quite good actually. But I'm sure those 'no frills' boxes are just the individual albums, at that price.
    Yeah, I actually have the 2cd Mammoth set somewhere. The box set also has horrible cover art, but then again Beardfish's album covers are all kind of bad.

Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    Just FYI, the box contains albums 3 - 7. The first two Beardfish albums are NOT in that set, neither is their most recent (and apparently final) release.
    Thanks for clarifying!

Finally got the boxed set. Wasn't Mammoth released as a 2CD set? Did it have a bonus disk?
    For $18, they're gonna give you the bonus discs, Blu Rays, T-Shirts, $250 Gift certificate to Peter Lugers, Lotto Scratch-Offs, and company car (an old 1983 Saab 900 with 2.7 million miles)

Man, a comprehensive live album sure would be nice. I know that stuff ain't cheap for the artists, but I'd be in for whatever deluxe super edition could be compiled.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Man, a comprehensive live album sure would be nice. I know that stuff ain't cheap for the artists, but I'd be in for whatever deluxe super edition could be compiled.
    Yeah, I'd be in.

BTW, does anybody have the bonus disc to Comfortzone, which includes the alternate version (and it seems preferred version according to Rikard)? Just got it but only heard that track - quite nice. Its a nicely detailed booklet on those tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    BTW, does anybody have the bonus disc to Comfortzone
    Yep!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Yeah, I'd be in.

BTW, does anybody have the bonus disc to Comfortzone, which includes the alternate version (and it seems preferred version according to Rikard)? Just got it but only heard that track - quite nice. Its a nicely detailed booklet on those tracks.
    I do as well, but haven't really given the bonus disc a listen yet. I need to find that one -- it's currently packed up with all my other CDs after I moved out of my previous dwelling and I don't have a place to put them yet.

It's an alternative version of the song Comfortzone?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Yeah, I'd be in.

Do you mean the bonus disk “The Early Years - Outtakes And Demos?” Cause that seems to be a lot of older stuff. Is there a version with a DIFFERENT bonus disk? Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Great detailed article with a really passionate and well-informed fan! Loved it, thanks.

Do you mean the bonus disk “The Early Years - Outtakes And Demos?” Cause that seems to be a lot of older stuff. Is there a version with a DIFFERENT bonus disk? Jeez.
    That's the one. Whoops - I failed to mention the alternate version I was talking about - its "Now" from The Sane Day. Lovely tune, and the version here is terrific.