Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gong - Rejoice I'm Dead coming Sept

Yeah, gonna have to buy this muthafucka.

My copy is on its way from Silver Spring, MD.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Was Udester involved here in mastering?

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Bought.
    Man, I thought mine was, but I think my credit card company cancelled my order. They thought it was suspicious. I emailed Johnny at Planet Gong but haven't heard back.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Man, I thought mine was, but I think my credit card company cancelled my order. They thought it was suspicious. I emailed Johnny at Planet Gong but haven't heard back.
    Snowden was right afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    He's really busy now, he mentions he spent L 1200.00 on postage just the other day...

It is bought. I’m listening to it right now for the first time and it sounds wonderful. Well done, non-classic lineup!
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Played the whole thing. "Through Restless Seas I Come" is my early favorite. Beautiful tune.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Played the whole thing. "Through Restless Seas I Come" is my early favorite. Beautiful tune.
    My first repeater was 'Kaptial' Man... wish it was longer!

Got my 5.1 copy, man what a beautiful package and book!
    Am now having my first listen and can concur- this definately sounds fresh while retaining the Gong DNA.
    It even has glimpses of Allen, Malherbe and Hillage and they all sound so natural with this formation.

Wow, energetic and powerful album. Best Gong I heard for ages.

Sadly I can't compare with I See You, as every time I order that album I get either nothing or something totally different...

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Wow, energetic and powerful album. Best Gong I heard for ages.

Sadly I can't compare with I See You, as every time I order that album I get either nothing or something totally different...
    I See You is little bit better so keep trying!

Has anyone in the US received their 3 disc edition from GAS yet? Itchy, itchy, itchy...
    Last edited by strawberrybrick; 10-04-2016 at 06:22 AM.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Got it today, Oct 3rd, from GAS.

Man, the 5.1 is awesome. Love that track "The Unspeakable Stands Revealed". In fact, with the exception of "Beatrix", it's an incredible solid and cohesive ride. Second disc is interesting as well, definitely bridges the tie-in with ICU band and Daevid.

My hats off to this Gong band. Doubtful I'll see them stateside, but here's to gong dreamin....

Arrived today. Thanks, Jonny! Very happy that Gong is still going and that this is the way they're going.

Anyone else have an upside down booklet in their three disc version?

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

This is a fantastic, unexpected surprise. REJOICE ! GONG EST MORT ! VIVE GONG !
    'Without deviation progress is not possible'
    Frank Zappa

Still love this band!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Does anyone know who wrote „Model Village“? LOVE that tune. (Only bought the download and it came without a PDF.) The lyrics are very Twilight Zone-ish. Ray Davies in his prime couldn’t have done it better. The music is lovely as well. Whoever wrote it should get a raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    My first repeater was 'Kaptial' Man... wish it was longer!

Quote Originally Posted by at least 100 dead View Post
    Does anyone know who wrote „Model Village“? LOVE that tune. (Only bought the download and it came without a PDF.) The lyrics are very Twilight Zone-ish. Ray Davies in his prime couldn’t have done it better. The music is lovely as well. Whoever wrote it should get a raise.
    Fabio Golfetti sings on that one, but Sturt wrote the lyrics. Credits are to the band...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Fabio Golfetti sings on that one, but Sturt wrote the lyrics. Credits are to the band...
    Thanks for clarifying!

Bought the CD version last w-e (cheap too >> 12.00€)and I spun it a few times... I definitely prefer the (longer) stuff that comes on the second vinyl disc.

Hillage & Malherbe turn-up to give it a certain kind of legitimacy, but honestly , No Daevid,n no GonG (not that I liked 2032 or I See You much, anyways)

Sorry Kavus...

I'm hoping it will grow on me.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Bought the CD version last w-e (cheap too >> 12.00€)and I spun it a few times... I definitely prefer the (longer) stuff that comes on the second vinyl disc.

Hillage & Malherbe turn-up to give it a certain kind of legitimacy, but honestly , No Daevid,n no GonG (not that I liked 2032 or I See You much, anyways)

Sorry Kavus...

I'm hoping it will grow on me.
    Didnt Daevid write Kaptial?

I've really been enjoying this disc since I got it. No doubt it will be in my Best Of 2016 list in a couple of months' time!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Oh I think its wonderful. I love the song "Rejoice" but the whole album is great. Saw them last night, no synths, punky sound, old tracks played really fast and energetic. Ace, its a new Gong, I'm glad they're still around.