Thread: Deep Tracks now online only

Deep Tracks now online only

What the hell, Sirius? I have been listening to Deep Tracks in my car for years. And it is gone, overnight. I woke this morning to find some new channel there, and could not locate it. So I went online to see what happened and found that is now offered only online. Dammit! I guess I go back to Underground Garage, but this sucks.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Wow, that does suck. I hope it's temporary. I typically only listen to it in my car.

Excellent. Found it today. Earl was on a rant about listeners- was funny and somewhat pointed! He said all he wanted to do was play great songs for intelligent listeners, and Sirius gave him the opportunity to do the former...

In my car it only goes up to 200 something so I guess I can't get it in my car. Oh well.

I listened to Deep Tracks once and heard too many hit songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    Excellent. Found it today. Earl was on a rant about listeners- was funny and somewhat pointed! He said all he wanted to do was play great songs for intelligent listeners, and Sirius gave him the opportunity to do the former...
    Intelligent listeners? How elitist.

He seemed honestly upset.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Did he play three songs in a row about being upset? Still, I love Earle Baily, and if I can't listen to Deep Tracks anymore, I'll at least threaten to cancel and see if I can get a better deal, which ronmac said they do often. Goddammit, Sirius, you've waded into a quagmire...!

Well, I'm disappointed but now I just listen to Conan in the car (since I'm a fan of his) so I guess it's not too bad. I can listen to music as much as I want in my home so not a really big deal (or put in a cd in the player in my car).

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    In my car it only goes up to 200 something so I guess I can't get it in my car. Oh well.
    Maybe it's time to trade in that 1992 Corolla.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Maybe it's time to trade in that 1992 Corolla.
    Hey, it's still better than your 1978 Ford Pinto wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Hey, it's still better than your 1978 Ford Pinto wagon.
    My 2022 Equinox is winkin' at ya.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    My 2022 Equinox is winkin' at ya.
    Ah, you have eyelashes on your car. That's what I thought.

I was thinking back to Earl's comments. I am trying to piece together what set him off. I came in in the middle of him talking. He was pissed about something- it sounded like some email or twitter comments he had received, though not what about what it was about. Maybe the change to a new channel and the problems thereof? But it led him to comment that people being troubled really need to just grow up; there were people in the world, like in Gaza, who were really suffering and some of the listeners really needed to get a grip. At this point, I was a bit shocked- though as I said, I do not know what set him off in the first place. That's when he made the comment about playing good music to intelligent people and how he could only control one of those.

Anyway, as follow up, I know that Meg Griffin, one of the weekend hosts, announced she was stepping away, because she could not work 7 days a week after suffering a health scare (she runs programs on 2 other Sirius stations), and she made a strong point to let listeners know it was her choice, not forced on her by management. So, there is that as well. Sounds like maybe they are getting beat up for shifting to a harder to find location, who knows?

I just found out today that Deep Tracks was no longer available to me on my car stereo. Was wondering why The Bridge popped up on Channel 27. Now on 308, outside my radio range. I've been thinking of canceling Sirius for over 3 years as every year they kept trying to raise the rate to some astronomical amount. Which is always beginning of December. So my account was set to increase from $7 to $23 /mo. Canceled. They have so many channels of absolute crap, but the less than handful of channels I ever listened to was apparently too much for them to support. So bye bye Sirius. Let the kids support your crappy music on your crappy app. Not that I'm bitter! Much...
    JG

"MARKLAR!"