Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beatles' Thread

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I just heard that a 50th anniversary expanded version of the White Album has been confirmed. Wonder if it will be as lavish as last year's Pepper box!
    Cool!

Hopefully it'll have a lenticular cover like the Sgt. Pepper set.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hopefully it'll have a lenticular cover like the Sgt. Pepper set.
    Ha! Why not? It can have the embossed "The BEATLES" logo popping up and down.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    I never paid any attention to George’s solo work. I’m aware of the hits I guess but not even sure of how many he had. Can I get a few suggestions of his best songs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All things Must Pass" is George's masterpiece.

Start there.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I just heard that a 50th anniversary expanded version of the White Album has been confirmed. Wonder if it will be as lavish as last year's Pepper box!
    Beatles 50th-Anniversary 'White Album' Is Almost Ready

Not much detail here, aside from the mention of the Escher demos.

We can speculate and wish a little.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post

We can speculate and wish a little.
    I doubt it will happen, but how cool would it be to include the half-hour jam on "Helter Skelter"?

Macca is releasing a new (material) CD in September
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

My favourite album, period. Better start saving up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    I doubt it will happen, but how cool would it be to include the half-hour jam on "Helter Skelter"?
    That's the wishing part.

There are also obvious things like the Esher demos, and the unedited 'Not Guilty' (the version on Anthology 3 was edited, for no great reason IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    There are also obvious things like the Esher demos, and the unedited 'Not Guilty' (the version on Anthology 3 was edited, for no great reason IMHO).
    Sure, there are plenty of outtakes they could share. It would be nice. The unedited "Sexy Sadie" would be nice, too.

Yeah, some of those Anthology edits are a joke.

A great Paul McCartney tribute on the James Cordon show last night... The 20 minute video can be found on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by noni View Post
    A great Paul McCartney tribute on the James Cordon show last night... The 20 minute video can be found on YouTube
    I saw that this morning via FB link.. Pretty cool..

This should be on the White Album release for sure.

I'm curious to hear how the Escher demos that end up on the box will sound. I hope they don't mess with them.

Quote Originally Posted by noni View Post
    That was great! Thanks for the heads up. Paul is superhuman. May he live forever.

Watching this now. This is really freaking good.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    That clip deserves its own thread. It was magic.

I think I've got something in my eye.

Today, when the world is so divided and full of mistrust, it’s magical to see how everyone instantly “comes together” when Sir Paul is in the room. Music is indeed something special, something indicative of our better nature.

I remember the Welsh comedian Rob Brydon, who's worked with Corden on other UK programmes over the years, once talking about the amount of happiness McCartney has given to so many people over so many years. Sometimes I think that's taken for granted...more in the UK than the US. We probably won't see his like again and this video is a reminder of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    I remember the Welsh comedian Rob Brydon, who's worked with Corden on other UK programmes over the years, once talking about the amount of happiness McCartney has given to so many people over so many years. Sometimes I think that's taken for granted...more in the UK than the US. We probably won't see his like again and this video is a reminder of that.
    I reviewed the video of Corden and Stevie Wonder and I think the same can be said of him!.....just dont let him drive.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I reviewed the video of Corden and Stevie Wonder and I think the same can be said of him!.....just dont let him drive.
    If only he hadn’t forgotten his license.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Randomly came across this last night - I love it! Is the host David Frost?

It made me realize that The Beatles is probably my favorite band.

Last edited by JKL2000; 09-23-2018 at 06:57 PM.

^^^
    It's on the Beatles 1+ video box set, which is essential for any music fan imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    I hear the new White Album set is going to include the full 12-minute Take 2 of "Helter Skelter," which is the version that was edited down to five minutes for Anthology 3. The infamous 27-minute Take 3 remains under wraps.

I hear the new White Album set is going to include the full 12-minute Take 2 of "Helter Skelter," which is the version that was edited down to five minutes for Anthology 3. The infamous 27-minute Take 3 remains under wraps.
    Where did you hear that? I haven't seen any news since McCartney was promoting his new release and commenting a little.

Lewisohn tried his best to get it included on the Anthology 3:

"I made it clear to George Martin when we doing Anthology 3, that the fans are desperate to hear [the earlier versions] and I urged him to listen to it, because I don't think initially he was going to do so," Lewisohn said. "He listened to it, and he said, 'Well, why is this important?' I said forget the quality of the sound, or forget the fact that it's not quite in tune or whatever – what a producer would normally be looking for. Just respect the fact, please, that it is hailed as the most important outtake of them all, and the fans will go crazy if you don't include this on the Anthology."

In the end, Lewisohn continues to argue for the release of the full 27-minute take. "They said, 'This is all people will stand, they won't stand the whole thing,'" he added. "And I said, 'Well, I think a lot of them will, actually.'"
    source