Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME OF THRONES: Season 7 Discussion

Arya was awesome.

The dragons were awesome.

Jamie ... (spoilers) Only one beef ... how could Jamie be riding along in shallow water, get knocked off his horse and get sucked down 50+ feet that close to the shoreline?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Is he? (I watched the episode but need to make sure)
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

They are certainly amping up the action this season. I really enjoyed the episodes "stark" contrast between the battle scenes and the family reunion sections.

While the episode had me glued to my seat during the last few minutes, I found there were a few sloppy/let down moments within the context of the production of the series.

1) Why Dany can't swing around to the other end of the Scorpion and engulf it flames is beyond me and not very realistic - but obviously not as dramatic as staring down a weapon pointing at you I suppose.

2) The last 60 seconds was something out an Avengers movie or Armageddon and didn't feel very realistic, and he ends up in a lake with apparently deep water that happened to be within a "Bronn's" throw away of the land. lol

Arya is going to do great things with that dagger.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Agreed about the depth of the water so close to shore being implausible, but then we are talking about a show with dragons.

I laughed heartily when Bronn laughed at "Rickon/Dickon".

Arya/Brienne duel was awesome.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Yeah, did anyone sense a touch of jealousy on Sansa's part when seeing Arya's skills?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    LOL. What a world we live in where we think of the person who was abused by Joffrey and Ramsey is the "normal one".

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Why Dany can't swing around to the other end of the Scorpion and engulf it flames is beyond me and not very realistic - but obviously not as dramatic as staring down a weapon pointing at you I suppose.
    Or why she didn't attack from behind while everyone's attention was focused on the Dothraki onslaught.

Speaking of Dothraki, it was great to finally see what they're made of.

The Scorpion looked like it was on a very flexible pivot so Bron could swing it round to line up Drogon. A dragon is a great tool for making a hole in a shield wall. I loved the Arya - Brienne duel
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

That final scene, with finally seeing the dragon in battle and with Jaime's life in doubt (and that whole "how did that water get so deep so quickly??") is going to get all of the attention, but Arya's training with Brienne was the best part of the episode, for me. The looks on everyone's faces - Arya, Brienne, Sansa and Littlefinger - just conveyed so much.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I also enjoyed the look on Littlefinger's face when Bran says "Chaos is a ladder..."

I think after Arya's duel, when she looks up at Littlefinger, she realized that she gave away too much. His final look at her conveyed much the same emotion. He won't be surprised by her in the future, until she puts on another face.

That dagger is going to wind up in Cerci's heart.

One last thought ... when Jon finally bends the knee, will it be to get her assistance with his fight up north, or will it be to propose marriage?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    One last thought ... when Jon finally bends the knee, will it be to get her assistance with his fight up north, or will it be to propose marriage?
    Hopefully not the latter, since marrying your own aunt doesn't tend to be legal, even in fantasy worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Hopefully not the latter, since marrying your own aunt doesn't tend to be legal, even in fantasy worlds.
    Perfectly fine amongst Targarians.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Perfectly fine amongst Targarians.
    Actually that's true, good point.

Great season so far!! Unusually deep, close to shore lake water and all!!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I think after Arya's duel, when she looks up at Littlefinger, she realized that she gave away too much. His final look at her conveyed much the same emotion. He won't be surprised by her in the future, until she puts on another face.

That dagger is going to wind up in Cerci's heart.
    I was thinking The Night King.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I like the scene where Jon Snow shows Danerys how her ancestors and his ancestors fought together against the Sleestak.

My son thought it would have been funny if Jon Snow had done those drawings himself.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I like the scene where Jon Snow shows Danerys how her ancestors and his ancestors fought together against the Sleestak.

My son thought it would have been funny if Jon Snow had done those drawings himself.
    Well.....?

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Hey, that's Eddie in the middle!! Iron Maiden's Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Great season so far!! Unusually deep, close to shore lake water and all!!!

I just blew through the last two episodes. Holy balls! Holy dragon balls. And we finally see that Dothraki could indeed break a Westeros infantry line.

I agree about the deep water. A steep dropoff does happen but that was a stretch. I do love the way Dinklage said over and over, "you fucking idiot".
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I just came across this regarding Jaime's plunge to the depths.

http://nerdist.com/why-jaime-lannist...me-of-thrones/
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I just came across this regarding Jaime's plunge to the depths.

http://nerdist.com/why-jaime-lannist...me-of-thrones/
    Seems silly to talk about the exact weight of the armor. Even trying to swim fully clothed is scary as hell, IMO. If the water was 7 feet deep he'd still be in trouble...the extra depth just adds drama.
    <sig out of order>

I got the chills watching that Murderer's Row going out beyond The Wall.