Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mercury Tree - Permutations (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Bought it, if only for immediately understanding that this is a real progressive band, who's set to create something fresh and unique. I am still uncertain about how much I can connect to the music (I got the same sensation from Permutations, but I think this latest is more approachable).
    I love hearing you say this one is MORE approachable - I would think the opposite - but I find it working on so many levels - those odd notes graze you in weird ways - good ways! I love it and agree its truly a new step forward - when I heard them play a couple tunes live last year I thought - THIS is the future.

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    I'll second Phlakaton's opinion that this is the future (my exact thought when I first saw them live at SeaProg in 2014).

"Spidermilk" demands several listens to reveal its inaccessible accessibility (or is that accessible inaccessibility?).
    Regardless, it's truly progressive... and, IMO, genius.
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)