Thread: Claypool/Lennon Delirium- Cricket & The Genie

Claypool/Lennon Delirium- Cricket & The Genie

Great little section at 2:39!

Another interesting little detour at 3:58ish. Its a pretty cool little epic they have going on here. Impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Great little section at 2:39!

Another interesting little detour at 3:58ish. Its a pretty cool little epic they have going on here. Impressed.
    Edit: Honestly I would say that I enjoyed that tune more than most Primus, it just seems to have more emphasis on composition rather than performance.

Wow, i'm a really big fan of Primus and GOASTT, is there an official release of just a youtube thing?

Damn, those Beatle kids don't fall far from the tree.

I saw this linked from that one...

Folks better be careful with these long songs with virtuoso bass playing and space-y guitar solos. Some kids might decide it's time for another punk intervention.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Wow, i'm a really big fan of Primus and GOASTT, is there an official release of just a youtube thing?

Damn, those Beatle kids don't fall far from the tree.
    There is an official release, and I guess it's mostly just Les on bass and Sean on everything else. The live band will add Mark Nishita on keyboards (from the Beastie Boys band) and the drummer from one of Claypool's projects.

http://theclaypoollennondelirium.com/

And seconded - Sean really sings like his old man (and thankfully, not at all like his mom!). There's something pretty close in his melodic sense, too, and in the specific way he ventures into psychedelia, where he heads off into the unknown yet never loses sight of having a tune. Claypool is amusing, simply because he sounds like Paul only even more so - at least half way to John Entwistle, Jack Bruce or Chris Squire.
    Last edited by Baribrotzer; 03-30-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I saw this linked from that one...

Folks better be careful with these long songs with virtuoso bass playing and space-y guitar solos. Some kids might decide it's time for another punk intervention.

That was great. Thanks for posting it.

I'm still feeling the burn after getting shut out of the recent Paul McCartney ticket sale, so i ended up getting tix for Claypool/Lennon instead, excited as all hell! So far i've been absolutely digging the songs up on youtube and looking forward to the actual release, might have to pop for the fancy yellow vinyl.

Anybody get this?

This album does absolutely nothing for me...not even Claypool can make Lennon play less white.

I have spun it once thus far, and I like it. It's sort of like the Beatles at their trippiest. Really don't know Primus or Claypool's work so I can't comment, I like GOASST. It's at times a bit wigged out, at times pretty melodic, and it gets better as it chugs along. A nice album for what it is.

Cool covers!

Wild to hear Sean sing one of his Dad's tunes. ^^^

This is groovy too...

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    This album does absolutely nothing for me...not even Claypool can make Lennon play less white.

This sounds very promising! I see it's on Spotify... Going to give some songs a listen, and if it's good, I'm gonna buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    Pretty ironic statement for a Prog message board.

Yeah, and I'm really enjoying it a lot. Bits sound like they could be Primus, bits like Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger, bits like them both. A nice mix.
    I can't fathom what the above comment could possibly mean.
    Seeing them in a couple weeks. I've seen GoaSTT, and they were fantastic. Really looking forward to this show.

That cover of "Tomorrow Never Knows" fucking kills!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    That cover of "Tomorrow Never Knows" fucking kills!
    I went last night, yes Tomorrow Never Knows along with the whole rest of the show fucking killed!! I'm curious who the keyboardist and drummer were, Lennon's people?
    Lennon and Claypool's separate approaches to psychedelia fit perfectly.

My comment stems from; yes, more shit-slinging on my end, feeling the same way about the majority of The Beatles (i appreciate and know nothing i like or listen to would be here without them, but sill)...i just don't feel it, or their playing (it feels stiff, doesn't groove, bland - i know, i know, we'll be here forever)...and ditto their progeny's...shrug...glad some people like this/him/them.