Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBT Blu-ray Delay for "Rest of World"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    My DVD player is Bluray. I think it's honest to put a preamble before buyers purchase the DVD to warn them about potential problems. I just wasn't willing to take the chance.
    Are you my aunt?

To be fair, Big Big Train themselves (on the merch desk website) are calling it a "Blu ray DVD" which is wrong. Semantics? Yes but it's a "Blu-ray disk". And Ultra HD disks have begun shipping. It's a black case the same size and shape as a blu-ray case, usually has a normal Blu-ray inside for those wanting to future proof themselves but how almost everyone has an HDTV and DVD is still alive is beyond me.

Ember
    This may be the best music video disc I've ever seen. I just watched it in its entirety (over 3 hours), and just about my only criticism is that I wish they looked like they were having more fun, and Longdon needs to work on what to do with his arms.

The music, performances, audio mixing (including the 5.1 mixing), and most of the video work are stellar.

And Blu-ray Discs (BDs) are not DVDs. You could consider a BD player to be a DVD player, however, because they can play DVDs. You could consider them CD players by the same token. But does it foster the cause of clarity to call it anything but a Blu-ray player?
    Last edited by rdclark; 07-04-2016 at 01:46 AM.

I just needed to add my review of this stellar blu-ray.....I own MANY concert DVD's and Blu-rays and this is BY FAR one the best I've ever seen! BBT are my favorite band these days and this performance just solidifies my opinion of them! I live in the U.S. and anyone having reservations about whether this will play in their Blu-ray player shouldn't worry, unless they maybe have a VERY old (first generation) player. I have a top of the line Panasonic player that isn't even made any longer, and I have no issues at all. With that said, I was wondering how I would like watching a band "rehearse" in a studio environment. Now I wish more bands did this! The picture, sound, and performance is just amazing! Hopefully, anyone on this forum that owns a blu-ray player (and why WOULDN'T you....they are backwards compatible) also has at least a decent surround system to go with it. If you do, the 5.1 sound is just amazing! The camera work is also amazing! There are interviews between some of the songs, but you can choose to watch ONLY the performance if you wish. That is a great feature to have, I think. The interviews are excellent, but being able to skip them in the future is a very nice touch. In addition to the studio performance you also get some of the live performance from August of 2015. If I have one complaint, it would be to have the entire live show....but that is really okay. The studio performance, which is most of the disc, is stellar in everyway. Like the previous poster said, this is one of the best concert blu-rays I own.

If you are a BBT fan you REALLY need to pick this up, before it is gone......
    So much music....so little time....

Ember
    It's hard to generalize about what Blu-ray players will work with this disc. I've tried it on three different Sony players, one current and two going back 4 years, and it failed on all of them. My even older Oppo BDP-80 plays it flawlessly. I don't think it's really a question of age.

My additional wish for these performances: maybe too slavishly faithful to the recorded versions. I would have loved to have heard the brass section on "The First Rebreather," for example, instead of the retro mono-synth line playing the theme.

Received mine a few days ago. It would not load in my Sony blu-ray player, but it works fine in the Samsung. I don't know how old either one is since I bought them both used.

I agree that it is phenomenal!!

Another USA-based success story! Finally took a chance & ordered Stone & Steel BluRay from Amazon USA on Friday. Disc arrived today in beautiful packaging & great pictures in mini-book format. Loaded the disc in my 7 year old Panasonic BD-60 player & crossed my fingers. Vivid picture & wonderous 5.1 sound came forth! Well worth the $25 spent. Full disclosure: I recently upgraded the firmware on my player in preparation for this disc. Looking forward to enjoying my own private BBT concert
    in my living room this weekend.