Thread: Red Bazar - Tales from the Bookcase. Released March 22

Red Bazar - Tales from the Bookcase. Released March 22

March 22 will see the release of Nottingham (UK) based five piece band Red Bazar's debut album Tales from the Bookcase.

Up until now, the band have existed as an instrumental outfit, recording two albums - Connections in 2008, Differential Being in 2010 plus an EP in 2013, After the Ice Storm. However, this new album sees the addition of Singer Peter Jones. There is already something of a "buzz" about Peter in the UK prog community following his own albums "Cocoon" and "Storytellers pt 1" and some well received solo performances with Big Big Train and Magenta.

His lyrics for this album - which was superbly crafted by the whole band in during 2014 and 2015 - are based on stories from his favourite books. The result is as good an example of symphonic progressive rock as you are likely to hear in 2016.

Sound clips from the album can be heard at:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3PxMLkmFPw

Read more about the band at www.redbazar.co.uk

The album is available to pre-order at www.whiteknightrecords.co.uk

Reviewers and radio stations - please contact Stephen Lambe at Nineteen-73 Artist Promotions at stephen@ninteen-73.co.uk for further details.

Also available for review:
    Steve Thorne - Land of Imbeciles
    Kiama - the Sign of Four

Twitter: @1973promo
    stephen@nineteen-73.co.uk

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Lambsie - glad you did the hard work!

Just listening to a track from this album on House of Prog, as I await my copy in the mail. Man, does it sound good!

Anyone who's enjoyed Pete's best Tigermoth Tales material will definitely go for this one. Right up my alley, that's for sure! Can't wait for this to arrive!

Thank you! It's brilliant...

I stumbled across this band a few weeks back and was surprised to see that there was little fanfare here on PE. This band has everything I look for in prog - great music, intelligent lyrics, and great vocals. If I had to pick a similar band, Enchant would probably be the closest.

If you are looking for some great prog as summer winds down, check out City and the Stars on Bandcamp (complete with lyrics).