Thread: RIP Jon English (Sebastian Hardie)

RIP Jon English (Sebastian Hardie)

Australian performer Jon English died today from complications from surgery.

He was a member briefly of Sebastian Hardie before moving on to stage and performing success. Produced their classic album "Four Moments."

http://www.theguardian.com/australia...s-from-surgery

Suspended
    Oh my goodness.

I think if you mentioned his name to most Australians, the Sebastian Hardie association would not be the first thing they think of. He had a few solo chart successes, but most people probably remember him for his involvement with the show Jesus Christ Superstar, in which he played Judas Iscariot, as well as his work with Mario Millo (of Seb. Hardie) on the music for the TV series "Against the Wind". He was one of those artists who always seemed to be around without ever really "making it big".

R.I.P.

He was a fine actor (instantly likable) and wrote the beautiful, melancholy 'Six Ribbons' and a couple other things in the 'Against The Wind' series. Sorry to hear this news.

He was also THE Judas Iscariot in Jesus Christ Superstar. Having seen a few productions here and there, and having hesrd a few recordings, no one has come close to Jon in that role.

Shamefully the Australian cast album was never released on CD which has meant the international audience has been deprived of this brilliant performance.

He gained superstardom here in Norway during his tenure as TV actor in 1980-82, and went around the country touring his quite proficient pub-rock band (wuzzeirname?). He had a solid voice.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Ol' Black Eyes has left the building.
    The music was hot, but my baby was not.