Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tangerine Dream Documentary Kickstarter

A must buy!! But at the same time I can't feel sadder because of Franke not beeing there. I mean, Edgar now has a new cosmic adress and all and Franke should make at least a tribute. All of this fills me with some kind of sadness really. Any news at all about Franke?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    So they've sent out the artwork for the DVD, which looks nice. They say they'll be sending out the DVDs in three weeks, but I'm expecting some further delays as there usually are at the production stage.

^ LOL me too!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Tangerine Dream Documentary Kickstarter

They've begun shipping the DVDs!

Whoa!

Tangerine Dream Documentary Kickstarter

I'm looking forward to seeing the posters too (I chose the option where you get one of the posters for the film and some other, smaller TD poster). I'm assuming the movie poster is one of these. I hope it's the one at the planetarium, but I think either one would look pretty nice framed!

Last edited by JKL2000; 11-26-2017 at 12:11 PM.

On 11/3 I asked TD management about a refund. I didn't expect one, but did get an email back saying they'd already shipped my other rewards.

Over a month later, nothing. I made a comment on the Kickstarter page saying I'd toss the DVD in the trash if/when it ever actually arrives at this point. I get an email directly from Eastgate somehow saying that in fact, shipping is delayed (apparently STILL delayed, a month later).

I'm going to pursue a chargeback from my bank. F*ck TD management.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    On 11/3 I asked TD management about a refund. I didn't expect one, but did get an email back saying they'd already shipped my other rewards.

Over a month later, nothing. I made a comment on the Kickstarter page saying I'd toss the DVD in the trash if/when it ever actually arrives at this point. I get an email directly from Eastgate somehow saying that in fact, shipping is delayed (apparently STILL delayed, a month later).

I don't think Kickstarter gives refunds once a project is funded. Don't you expect most crowdfunding projects to deliver late? It kind of just goes with the territory. They obviously have the product now, so I don't think it will be much longer -- as you could see when you posted your comment, people had just started to receive the DVD. What were the "rewards" (I hate that term!) that were supposed to already have been shipped?

Wow. That reeks. Hope you get your dough back.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I don't think Kickstarter gives refunds once a project is funded. Don't you expect most crowdfunding projects to deliver late? It kind of just goes with the territory. They obviously have the product now, so I don't think it will be much longer -- as you could see when you posted your comment, people had just started to receive the DVD. What were the "rewards" (I hate that term!) that were supposed to already have been shipped?
    Yes, I am well aware of delays with Kickstarter; of the various campaigns I've supported, most have had delays. In every other case, the delays were reasonable (for example, Pedal Giant Animals is *way* overdue strictly speaking but you will never hear a single gripe from me about that).

The DVD took longer to produce. That alone isn't exactly cause for grief.

I'm pissed because among other things, my pledge investment included Quantum Gate. That album was not only fully manufactured and ready to go, it was released to distributors and put on general sale what, almost 2 months ago now? Never even got an acknowledgment that the rest of the world was receiving something while I got nothing, thanks to being a supporter. THAT pisses me off.

Additionally...those of us who paid $$ to realize the documentary got to sit and watch TD Management announce showing after showing, without a peep about the status of the thing we helped realize. It took griping on KS to finally get an acknowledgment and since then it's been vague assurances rather than clear explanations.

On 11/3 TD responded to an email of mine saying my stuff (i.e. everything other than the DVD, which includes Quantum Gate) had already shipped. Today I get an email from Eastgate indicating that in fact things HAVEN'T shipped yet.

I really am patient and I don't NOT understand production delays. But I also believe that when something smells like a turd, it probably is a turd. And this stinks.

Technically I could have disputed the charge with my bank since TD has produced no proof of shipment (much less delivery) and they are WAY past the due date. However, it's been more than 18 months so I can't even get that far back in my bank charges.

I've followed TD for decades, and supported them even when they started to do some seriously wonky stuff. And I stuck with them even after Froese Sr. passed, given my fondness for their legacy. But I feel taken for granted, quite honestly. So I'm not at all interested in supporting TD in this or any other ventures.

Make sense?
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Oh...specifically regarding KS: you are correct, KS doesn't deal in refunds. Nor should they...the ugly reality is I didn't preorder a product, I invested in something. If TD took that money, said "f*ck you, backers!" and ran for the door, technically that's our bad for giving them funds. However, I have done some research and a chargeback to the bank has had some success in recovering funds sent to KS (KS basically just turns around and goes after the project creator to recoup).

I don't need the money back...it was a symbolic thing, a way for me to try and drive a point home to TD that it isn't ok to just leave us hanging indefinitely while they go and do showings and release merch to retail while backers get zilch.

Either way, it didn't work out. I invested poorly and learned a lesson.

Yes, I am well aware of delays with Kickstarter; of the various campaigns I've supported, most have had delays. In every other case, the delays were reasonable (for example, Pedal Giant Animals is *way* overdue strictly speaking but you will never hear a single gripe from me about that).

The DVD took longer to produce. That alone isn't exactly cause for grief.

I'm pissed because among other things, my pledge investment included Quantum Gate. That album was not only fully manufactured and ready to go, it was released to distributors and put on general sale what, almost 2 months ago now? Never even got an acknowledgment that the rest of the world was receiving something while I got nothing, thanks to being a supporter. THAT pisses me off.

Additionally...those of us who paid $$ to realize the documentary got to sit and watch TD Management announce showing after showing, without a peep about the status of the thing we helped realize. It took griping on KS to finally get an acknowledgment and since then it's been vague assurances rather than clear explanations.

On 11/3 TD responded to an email of mine saying my stuff (i.e. everything other than the DVD, which includes Quantum Gate) had already shipped. Today I get an email from Eastgate indicating that in fact things HAVEN'T shipped yet.

I really am patient and I don't NOT understand production delays. But I also believe that when something smells like a turd, it probably is a turd. And this stinks.

Technically I could have disputed the charge with my bank since TD has produced no proof of shipment (much less delivery) and they are WAY past the due date. However, it's been more than 18 months so I can't even get that far back in my bank charges.

I've followed TD for decades, and supported them even when they started to do some seriously wonky stuff. And I stuck with them even after Froese Sr. passed, given my fondness for their legacy. But I feel taken for granted, quite honestly. So I'm not at all interested in supporting TD in this or any other ventures.

Make sense?
    Yeah, it makes sense. It seems odd that they included CDs of Quantum Gate as part of the Kickstarter "rewards" - doesn't make much sense and seems like it was a bad idea. I think sometimes the people who initiate Kickstarter projects think their Initial dates will hold, which is pretty naive of them in most cases.

I'd be interested to know how getting your bank involved goes.

My DVD arrived today. Now I have to hop aboard the Battema train and ask where the heck my posters are!

(John, some other backer replied to your most recent message, FYI.)
    Last edited by JKL2000; 12-07-2017 at 07:11 PM.

I looked...nothing that changes anything for me.

Amusingly enough, the DVD arrived today. ONLY the DVD. The rest of the rewards (i.e. Quantum Gate) that were supposedly already shipped in early November are nowhere to be found. Can't decide if it's more a matter of incompetence or just good old fashioned dishonesty.

But, I'm a man of my word. DVD is in the trash

As for Tag/Traum and Eastgate, welp: BYE FELICIA
    Last edited by battema; 12-11-2017 at 07:35 PM.

I looked...nothing that changes anything for me.

Amusingly enough, the DVD arrived today. ONLY the DVD. The rest of the rewards (i.e. Quantum Gate) that were supposedly already shipped in early November are nowhere to be found. Can't decide if it's more a matter of incompetence or just good old fashioned dishonesty.

But, I'm a man of my word. DVD is in the trash

As for TD's management, welp: BYE FELICIA
    The project wasn't undertaken or managed by TD, it was by TAG/TRAUM, the film production outfit. But I definitely understand your frustration with the missing CD and TAG/TRAUM's poor communication.

Fair enough, fixed!

I got the DVD last week, hoping to watch it this weekend. I'm a patient man. I can't get upset over long overdue projects as nearly every one I supported has run maybe twice as long as expected. So I expect that!
    However, I got something even more special a couple weeks ago. The new Tangerine Dream book. It's absolutely beautiful. It's available now, so there's no more waiting.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Has not arrived yet.

Ok, now TAG/TRAUM is starting to piss me off, however, as long as more people get more vocal, it will probably ultimately pay off in amusement at the f'd upness of the Kickstarter campaign, as with the Anderson-Ponty one.

I asked two weeks ago when the posters would ship, no reply - someone else asked around the same time. Today they sent an update which was simply a Seasons Greetings note, no info at all. I commented on that update and on the general comments section asking when they expected posters to ship. I doubt there will be any info forthcoming. I just hope other people will post, asking. My worry is that a lot of people didn't read the info for their chosen "reward" carefully, and don't know or forgot that many are owed two posters.

You have my sympathies.

Thanks, I'll post here if they emerge from radio silence.

I got this:

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, the DVD does not support NTSC. We have already ordered new DVDs for all backers coming from the U.S.
    We will sent all of you an update when the DVD is ready to be dispatched.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Merry Christmas and best regards,
    Yemin Palku
    Social Media Manager

Phone: +49 177 858 6333
    Mail: palku@tagtraum.de

TAG/TRAUM
    Filmproduktion GmbH & Co KG
    Apostelnstr. 11
    50667 Köln
    www.tagtraum.de

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    I got this:

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, the DVD does not support NTSC. We have already ordered new DVDs for all backers coming from the U.S.
    We will sent all of you an update when the DVD is ready to be dispatched.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Merry Christmas and best regards,
    Yemin Palku
    Social Media Manager

Phone: +49 177 858 6333
    Mail: palku@tagtraum.de

TAG/TRAUM
    Filmproduktion GmbH & Co KG
    Apostelnstr. 11
    50667 Köln
    www.tagtraum.de
    That's clearly a big oversight which no one there was even thinking about, because the DVD cases say PAL. My Oppo can convert PAL to NTSC so not a problem for me, but I'll let them send me an NTSC version anyway. BTW, when did you receive this email?

A couple of days ago.

Jed (or anyone, really): did you ever get your posters and things?