Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2650

Thread: The 2016 NFL Discussion Thread

13-14 for most of the 2nd quarter... then... oh well
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I expected Atlanta to find a way to lose. Good win.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Seattle would have needed all their starters and to have brought their 'A' game and they had neither. Sherman is no longer an intimidating factor and the rest are spotty. A once awesome defense made a less than stellar offense sufficient but now that the defense is playing slightly better than average, the offense has just looked inept. The best player the Seahawks fielded yesterday was Devon Hester. Atlanta was just too much on both sides of the ball. That receiver corp is as good as I've seen in a while. Matt Ryan looks comfortable in the playoffs spotlight finally. Good looking running game. I'm not surprised Atlanta won at home but I am surprised they dominated the way they did.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

NE didn't exactly bring their A game either but they brought enough. I suspect by the AFC title game they'll be a better team.

I don't see Atlanta D holding down either the Cowboys or the Pack. The game today is going to be a shootout and I think the NFC title game will be another.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Seattle would have needed all their starters and to have brought their 'A' game and they had neither. Sherman is no longer an intimidating factor and the rest are spotty. A once awesome defense made a less than stellar offense sufficient but now that the defense is playing slightly better than average, the offense has just looked inept. The best player the Seahawks fielded yesterday was Devon Hester. Atlanta was just too much on both sides of the ball. That receiver corp is as good as I've seen in a while. Matt Ryan looks comfortable in the playoffs spotlight finally. Good looking running game. I'm not surprised Atlanta won at home but I am surprised they dominated the way they did.
    The Ravens owner said his philosophy wasn't about firing and hiring, when confronted with spears over the current management. The management who didn't give Hester a chance. Dysfunction rules in Baltimore.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    NE didn't exactly bring their A game either but they brought enough. I suspect by the AFC title game they'll be a better team.

I don't see Atlanta D holding down either the Cowboys or the Pack. The game today is going to be a shootout and I think the NFC title game will be another.
    That's what the announcer said. Or is it an over estimate of how good NE is. Ostweiler handed them the game. NE is the favorite, but I put their chances at getting to the super bowl at about 55%.

Let's Go Packers!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Oof! Dallas is in for a long afternoon.

Still...too...early...must.....curb....wiseass.... gloating...

....for now
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Still...too...early...must.....curb....wiseass.... gloating...

....for now
    Bullshit! Go for it! If it comes back to bite you in the ass, you can always blame it on senility
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Big question for next week; when the Packers are up a couple of scores on Dallas in the 3rd quarter, do they bring in Romo? I'm almost certain that they will, but the biggest question is this: if Romo leads them to a come-from-behind win, do they keep Prescott on the bench the rest of the way? If Dallas is serious about winning a Super Bowl this year, they cannot have Dak Prescott starting games. I say give him one chance if it doesn't work out, let him know that he's their future and that hopefully he'll have other chances down the road.
    And the Tony Romo watch is on in Dallas!

I'll fully admit I was wrong in the above post. Green Bay went up two touchdowns in the 2nd quarter, not the 3rd.

I stand to win a good chunk of change today. Had Green Bay to win with a 2-1 money line, had them in a parlay (thanks New England) and in a teaser (thanks New England) Good times!

Dallas is done unless Romo comes in. Not that they'll necessarily win if he does, but he gives them their only chance to make this thing competitive. All that can stop the Green Bay slaughter is if the Cowboys coaching comes to their senses and benches Prescott.

Sit down, Tony.

We got a game now.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Sit down, Tony.

We got a game now.
    There is no game. This thing is over unless Prescott is benched. He lacks the skills to run the Cowboy offense from multiple touchdowns behind.

I am so enjoying watching this slaughter, aren't you Geez? I mean, the game is over.

There's another half of ball, and Dallas is in the game. Let's all calm down.....

I don't think it's over. It's a one score game and the Boys are waking up. Yeah, I think that Rodgers will find some way to win, regardless of who's playing qb for Dallas, but I don't know that yet.

Cowboys got a lot of momentum...good Pack opening drive could wipe that out...

It appears from the promo that Skip Bayless has been backing the Cowboys hard. That may be more than any team can reasonably be expected to overcome.

Time to start panicking Cowboys fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Time to start panicking Cowboys fans.
    Time to start panicking Packers fans.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

This is a ball game folks!! There isn't a fingernail left in Dallas or Green Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    There is no game. This thing is over unless Prescott is benched. He lacks the skills to run the Cowboy offense from multiple touchdowns behind.

I am so enjoying watching this slaughter, aren't you Geez? I mean, the game is over.
    ^^

This
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

The fact that right now I'm really feeling shitty is definitely mitigated by my laughter at how wrong all you Dak doubters were.

It doesn't matter who wins the game, the bottom line is, Tony who?

We will now see just exactly how transcendent of mere mortal football A-Rod is.

Banned
    Cheese, yes Cheese[emoji6]. Says the Subway commercial.

What a game!!

What a game.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973