Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Phil Collins won back the ex-wife he never stopped loving...

How Phil Collins won back the ex-wife he never stopped loving...

... Even though she'd married another man and he'd paid her £25m divorce money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...rce-money.html

I know this forum isn't a site one should delve into someone's personal issues, although many threads seem to veer in that direction often before they're closed, but here's a real good, happy ending (?) story to a beloved musician's life. Key part of this article comes at the end where Phil state's what has already been disclosed-
    **Despite his ill health, Phil is more focused on music than he has been since his 2002 album Testify, the last collection of new material he released. ‘I’m no longer officially retired. The horse is out of the stable and I’m raring to go.’ And he adds, beaming: ‘It’s on my wish list to be happy.’**

Another tabloid article- **Phil moved back to America last year from Switzerland to be closer to his two sons Matthew and Nicholas, and Orianne, after problems with alcoholism.
    In June he purchased Jennifer Lopez's $33million mansion and has been living there after recovering from surgery in October last year.**
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...rianne-7269387 - There is a recent video of Phil coming out of a car, sadly doesn't look like he'll be hitting those skins anytime soon.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Reading that makes me more irritated with the asshats who put out that "stop PC" petition. I hope he can do something he enjoys.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Reading this makes me double down that we must all come together to STOP PHIL COLLINS!

(It's for the good of humanity.)

Phil Collins ruined ex wives.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, she was pretty!

But married three times - he's an easy lover.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow, she was pretty!

But married three times - he's an easy lover.
    He'll go down on you, believe it ? (I think that's kind of how that tune goes )

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    He'll go down on you, believe it ? (I think that's kind of how that tune goes )
    The amazing part is that an actual newspaper story used the word "cock-a-hoop." Somewhere Manfred Mann is grinning.

Nice story! Lots of people wish him harm, but take a look at him now. Kudos to Phil for hanging in long enough. I'm sure they've still got a long, long way to go, I'm but seriously happy for him and his family, and I hope Phil finds the happiness he seeks.

On a more serious note, glad the guy gave up drinking

"wake up, turn the TV on and have a glass of wine. You look up at the end of the day and you’ve knocked off a couple of bottles and you’re still sober.
    ‘I spent way too much time horizontal. It started to be bad for my body. I almost died. My organs were beginning to shut down."

OK, as much as I like to poke fun at the petition (since I also want to save humanity), this is more info than before. Phil Collins said 2 or 3 years ago that he was in a rehab center and just left after a week, saying "This isn't me."

I thought "good, he had a drink problem and walked away from it." I never knew how serious.

135 million + and he's undone by a bottle....

I 'm interested in seeing what he decides to do... Prog, Pop, Jazz, Disney... He was a very talented person at what he put his mind to.

I hope he doesnt listen to the haters. You go Phil!

well good to see you can have 3 wives and still afford a 33 million dollar home.

I never bashed this amazingly talented man. The story is heartwarming. I always liked Phil. Not only was he one of prog's greatest drummer's, his excellent voice and sense of humor was always entertaining. I just never liked the musical direction that he and Genesis went to. Phil didn't ruin Genesis, Genesis ruined Genesis. I hope his later years are happy ones.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    I never bashed this amazingly talented man. The story is heartwarming. I always liked Phil. Not only was he one of prog's greatest drummer's, his excellent voice and sense of humor was always entertaining. I just never liked the musical direction that he and Genesis went to. Phil didn't ruin Genesis, Genesis ruined Genesis. I hope his later years are happy ones.
    I agree 100%---his drumming and voice are amazing---but I don't think all of Genesis was ruined---I followed the band until the end and enjoyed songs on all their albums---and still believe Banks is one of the greatest prog keyboardists/composers ever----I just wish the 3 guys respected the Peter-Steve years as I think they are the magical best by far---and would record with them again---at least with Steve---Banks and Hackett collaboration is my fantasy---

I guess Collins kicked NY TV anchor Dana Tyler to the curb, although there is no mention of her.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Phil Collins ruined Phil Collins ruined memes.

Holy Mother of God........

He was on Good Morning Britain TV last week & he hobbled in using a walking stick! He said that any reunion with the PG line-up is not possible due to his physical condition. He said he was going out for lunch on the Saturday with Mike & Tony for lunch to celebrate his birthday but not to read anything into it!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    He was on Good Morning Britain TV last week & he hobbled in using a walking stick! He said that any reunion with the PG line-up is not possible due to his physical condition. He said he was going out for lunch on the Saturday with Mike & Tony for lunch to celebrate his birthday but not to read anything into it!
    They should have done the evening meal instead - then they could have done an impromptu rendition of Supper's Ready.

Phil didn't ruin Genesis, Genesis ruined Genesis.

True story...I wouldn't have believed that until i heard and then there were three...

He remains one of my favorite drummers, in his prime few could top him...

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    He was on Good Morning Britain TV last week & he hobbled in using a walking stick!
    Didn't he recently have foot surgery?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    I guess Collins kicked NY TV anchor Dana Tyler to the curb, although there is no mention of her.
    Was she hurt?

Oy! The stories about Phil's infatuation with Alamo, his belief that he's an Alamo soldier reincarnated, the fact that he's spent 5 million pounds on Alamo paraphernalia... well I begin to question his judgment, if not his sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Oy! The stories about Phil's infatuation with Alamo, his belief that he's an Alamo soldier reincarnated, the fact that he's spent 5 million pounds on Alamo paraphernalia... well I begin to question his judgment, if not his sanity.
    Just for clarity...this article is on Daily Mail. Not exactly what one might regard as a reputable news source. It might be analogous to, say, National Enquirer.

Not that the core story isn't likely true but the particulars (such as reincarnation) very well might be exaggerations or embellishments.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

The Daily Mail is a notoriously badly journoed rag. Best to ignore it