Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Beginning of the End of Prohibition?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    What drives me nuts is when medicinal marijuana is illegal.

"We know this can help you, or give you comfort, but we can't make it legal because.....well, we don't really know why. But you can't have it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I thought I saw something recently about the federal gov't officially changing their policy on the medical stuff. Not sure how that turned out.
    My mother-in-law recently passed away from cancer. (Well, it wasn't the cancer that did it, but that's another story.) Anyway, when discussing treatment options, the doctor did present cannabis as a way to deal with it, but in very subtle language. So, I'm not sure if he was bending the law or not. Of course, she vehemently refused "anything like that" mainly because of the asinine aura of illegality around it.

It's the Devil's weed, ya know.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

When you'd rather be in pain than smoke a little weed, well, I don't know what to tell ya....
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

There's a lot of ignorance and/or misinformed people.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    When you'd rather be in pain than smoke a little weed, well, I don't know what to tell ya....
    Actually, it's not about pain. Cannabis helps people overcome the nausea that comes from radiation treatment and allows them to eat. My friend who died a couple of years ago called it a "lifesaver." It kept him around longer than expected.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Weed makes me paranoid.. The thought of being high while sick and thus amplifying my paranoia is not something I'd choose unless I'd come to full terms with my condition.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Actually, it's not about pain. Cannabis helps people overcome the nausea that comes from radiation treatment and allows them to eat. My friend who died a couple of years ago called it a "lifesaver." It kept him around longer than expected.
    Fair enough, but you get my point.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Weed makes me paranoid.. The thought of being high while sick and thus amplifying my paranoia is not something I'd choose unless I'd come to full terms with my condition.
    I think they have different strains that don't have that effect. Or at least much less so.
    Last edited by Plasmatopia; 01-28-2016 at 01:09 PM.
    <sig out of order>