Thread: Games - where we can talk about video games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You'll find many of these old games for download onto your PC here: http://www.old-games.com/

I was a fan of a few different genres.

Loved the shooters like the Wolfenstein series and the spinoff Blake Stone series, Duke Nukem (Doom not so much, a bit too creepy)

And the racing games like Andretti Racing, Indycar Racing, Formula 1, not sure if I'm remembering all these titles correctly

And then for the Playstation I loved the wacky car combat games like Twisted Metal (2 is the best, I have that downloaded from the old-games site), Rogue Trip (not well known but fantastic), Vigilante 8 and probably a few others I can't recall... Destruction Derby too.

Good times...
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    You'll find many of these old games for download onto your PC here: http://www.old-games.com/

I was a fan of a few different genres.

And the racing games like Andretti Racing, Indycar Racing, Formula 1, not sure if I'm remembering all these titles correctly
    I never got Andretti or F1, but I did have Indycar Racing, if we're talking about the same one. It had Paul Page announcing the game at the beginning, right? That was an awesome simulator. Jesus, I wasted months playing it.

Another great one I loved was Sports Car GT. It had different classes of cars you could drive and you could set the length of the race, as well as weather. You could even set it for 24 hrs and have a co-driver. Excellent sim. My only gripe with it was that your co-driver was mediocre and would lose any lead you might have gained, forcing you to either make up the loss or pause the game. On the plus side, it was partially modable.

“From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe