Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accordo Dei Contrari, new CD

^That's strange. I've never had an issue. In this case, I just followed the email link to the altrock page, and bought it, as I usually do. And, just checked, I can easily buy it from the band's page, if I wanted to buy it again, lol. Do you have that option now?

neil

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ No, if I search for Accordo dei Contrari, go to their page, then click on the new album there's still no way to purchase it. But now it shows no label name, so maybe they're working on it.

BUT when I search for Accordo dei Contrari, in addition to the band I also get a result for the new album and if I click on that I can purchase the album.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Jed, why don't you just go here and buy the bloody thing?

https://accordodeicontrariofficial.bandcamp.com/
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^ I'm actually not ready to purchase it, I just want to know what's wrong with Bandcamp's app. If someone knows the band has a new album but doesn't know the title (or have a link) they won't be able to buy the album. Unless this problem is specific to a certain version of iOS or something.

Actually, their app is pretty messed up. There doesn't seem to be much consistency as to how things work.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 05-20-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ No, if I search for Accordo dei Contrari, go to their page, then click on the new album there's still no way to purchase it.
    I am able to do this, no issues. And I use bandcamp all the time, and have never had a single problem. Maybe you have a weird computer thing happening?

neil

I just typed Accordo dei Contrari in the bandcamp search and the first two links were the band and the new album.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I just typed Accordo dei Contrari in the bandcamp search and the first two links were the band and the new album.
    Is this in the app? And when you go to the band page then click on the album can you purchase it? I just don't understand those entries for an album that have no Purchase button. But as I say the app is a bit weird. Like it seems arbitrary if an album is classified as Music or Merch.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    I am able to do this, no issues. And I use bandcamp all the time, and have never had a single problem. Maybe you have a weird computer thing happening?

neil
    Is this in the app?

Is this in the app?
    Yes, just did it.
    Ian

Yes, just did it.
    Weird, the only option I get is to put it on my Wishlist. Oh well, sent Bandcamp a question, I'll see if they can explain it.

Is this in the app?
    Yes. Maybe you aren't clicking on the album cover? If you reach a page that has icons of their album covers, then you simply click on one, it takes you to it, in more detail, including buying options.

neil

Yes. Maybe you aren't clicking on the album cover? If you reach a page that has icons of their album covers, then you simply click on one, it takes you to it, in more detail, including buying options.

neil
    I know, I've bought a lot on Bandcamp.

Okay, then that is just really strange.

neil

Ok, just to satisfy me, which I know is top on everyone's list, open the app and search for "magenta." The first result is the band's page. When I click it, and click on album covers, the recent album "We Are Legend" is the ONLY one I get purchase info for, all the others including one they just emailed me about ("We Are Legend --Instrumentals) show no purchase info. I'm sure if I search for that title the result will have purchase info, but it seems like you should be able to get to the purchase info direct from the band's page.

Tell me if it's just me...

Its just you, if you want to buy an album, go onto the album page.
    Ian

I followed your steps and the first thing that came up for me, after the band page option (I did not get an album covers page), was "We Are Legend" (Instrumental), with buying options. All the other albums are available through the discography option, on the right of the page, and when I click on any of them, I also get buying options.

I'm going outside to plant some flowers now, on this beautiful, sunny Saturday, in Toronto. I am now emotionally invested in your issue, though, and will definitely be checking in on this thread later, lol.

Good luck!

neil

I followed your steps and the first thing that came up for me, after the band page option (I did not get an album covers page), was "We Are Legend" (Instrumental), with buying options. All the other albums are available through the discography option, on the right of the page, and when I click on any of them, I also get buying options.

I'm going outside to plant some flowers now, on this beautiful, sunny Saturday, in Toronto. I am now emotionally invested in your issue, though, and will definitely be checking in on this thread later, lol.

Good luck!

neil
    What discography option? The iPhone app doesn't have that. I'm not talking about the Bandcamp web page. If you're using the iPhone Bandcamp app, click on that band page option. For me on the app there's no other way to gat to any of their albums except We Are Legend.

I'm not convinced either of you are trying the same thing I'm trying on the iOS Bandcamp app I think their app just has problems. The web page works fine, but IMO their app needs work.

Good luck!

neil
    You can't rest until my problem is solved!

What discography option? The iPhone app doesn't have that. I'm not talking about the Bandcamp web page. If you're using the iPhone Bandcamp app, click on that band page option. For me on the app there's no other way to gat to any of their albums except We Are Legend.

I'm not convinced either of you are trying the same thing I'm trying on the iOS Bandcamp app I think their app just has problems. The web page works fine, but IMO their app needs work.
    Well, that sure explains a lot. Ha, I don't even have a cell phone (my goal is to be the last person in North America, without one). Don't most apps have something like a 'cell phone better usability' mode, or some such thing? Godspeed. On a vaguely related note, my pansies and petunias are looking good!

neil

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Thank you very much for the excellent music. Please let us know when and how we can have this beauty on vinyl. And one question, if you don't mind. These traditional, folk influences in your music, what is their source? Because I come from Greece and stuff like the guitar solo in Eros/Anteros sounds very close to Greek, traditional music, but it could possibly be southern Italian, or Balkan, I am not that familiar with other countries' traditional music (and Idios Cosmos, is it Same World as a Greek reads it in modern Greek?)
    You are right, folk music is part of our inspiration. Marco (guitar) comes from Puglia, in the south of Italy, and knows very well folk tradition of that area. Both Balkanic and East Europe tradition have a strong influence on me, not only for melody but also for rhythm: I grew up listening much to Bartok and Dvorak, both drawing on folk tradition; and I love mix of rock and folk such as Fred Frith’s music (take "Sparrow Song", just to make an example).
    As for the meaning of “Idios Cosmos’, it is rather “Private" (or "Particular") "World” ("idios" according to ancient Greek).

Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by Accordo dei Contrari View Post
    You are right, folk music is part of our inspiration. Marco (guitar) comes from Puglia, in the south of Italy, and knows very well folk tradition of that area. Both Balkanic and East Europe tradition have a strong influence on me, not only for melody but also for rhythm: I grew up listening much to Bartok and Dvorak, both drawing on folk tradition; and I love mix of rock and folk such as Fred Frith’s music (take "Sparrow Song", just to make an example).
    As for the meaning of “Idios Cosmos’, it is rather “Private" (or "Particular") "World” ("idios" according to ancient Greek).

Giovanni

For folks who want physical, this is coming fairly soon in a big shipment with 2 new AltrOck titles, which will be ready very soon, so all can come over at once...
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    For folks who want physical, this is coming fairly soon in a big shipment with 2 new AltrOck titles, which will be ready very soon, so all can come over at once...
    Will Jed be able to figure out how to order this?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Will Jed be able to figure out how to order this?
    I'm just doing Bandcamp's QA for them!

Its just you, if you want to buy an album, go onto the album page.
    Hey, I got this answer from Bandcamp:

"Purchasing digital music currently isn't available in the iOS app due to some restrictions imposed by Apple. That's a feature we'd love to include in the future, but currently there isn't any easy way to make that happen. You'll still be able to complete your purchases using your mobile browser though (or any desktop or laptop computer)."

Not sure how you were able to do it, Ian!