Page 396 of 405 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400 ... LastLast
Results 9,876 to 9,900 of 10109

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Yeah 5-5-5 is not NHL .500 - it's five games under.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

In the last week, the Leafs have had two Friday afternoon games and a Sunday morning game. I have to say that since I'm not working right now, I'm digging these early games. It sure beats anything else on daytime TV.

Patrick Kane to Detroit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Patrick Kane to Detroit?

Mmmm.........that would be interesting, but I have not heard anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Patrick Kane to Detroit?

Looks like it is true. Kane is 35 and no longer in his prime, but he might be a nice fit. The Red Wings have been inconsistent this season so far. They started out hot, went on a loosing streak and appear to be getting hot again. I think they could be a playoff team this year and Kane might help that effort. Long way to go though.

The Blackhawks have cut Corey Perry after rumours that he slept with Connor Bedard's mom.

The eons are closing
    WTF with the Isles at the end of regulation...

:-(

For those interested, the PWHL schedule has been released. It looks like a 24 game season, starting on January 1st and ending in May.

https://www.thepwhl.com/stats/schedu...onths?league=1

The eons are closing
    Up by 3 with under 8 minutes to play - and fucking Isles blow it.

That is the 10th time this year they have blown a 3rd period lead to either lose in OT or SO.

Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Up by 3 with under 8 minutes to play - and fucking Isles blow it.

That is the 10th time this year they have blown a 3rd period lead to either lose in OT or SO.

Awful.
    They are real good a blowing 2 goals leads, so someone asked them would they like to try for 3. Isles said "hold my beer".

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    They are real good a blowing 2 goals leads, so someone asked them would they like to try for 3. Isles said "hold my beer".
    The wife and I actually turned the game off at 4-1 + not coz we were confident, but because we knew what was coming....

It's like how we watch the OG West Side Story.... Tony never dies.... [emoji23]

The wife and I actually turned the game off at 4-1 + not coz we were confident, but because we knew what was coming....

It's like how we watch the OG West Side Story.... Tony never dies.... [emoji23]

All the times they've blown leads to lose in OT is going to cost them in the end. How do you beat CAR and FLA and then lose to SJ? Not usually a fire the coach guy, but fire the coach.

Patrick Kane supposed to make his debut with the Red Wings tonight, against the Sharks.

Islanders continue with their unpredictable 3rd periods by this time scoring 2 goals in the period and then beating LA in OT. With 3 of their 6 regular defensemen all out, and the Kings going for an NHL record road winning streak.

I need a

The eons are closing
    I finished all the beer I had on hand last night watching this "game" - so will need to hit the store before 1pm games start today....

And Rangers give em their first regulation road loss Nice win after a couple stinkers.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

A little revenge for Jonathan Quick too!

A little revenge for Jonathan Quick too!
    He has turned out to be a fantastic signing!

Curious as to what you and Thomas think of Bo Horvat now that he's been there for some time now.

The eons are closing
    When he arrived, he was on a 51 goal pace; didn't get 40.

I was a big fan prior to trade - and while one has to account for the reduction in supporting cast from Vancouver to Isles - I also expected him to lift all boats.

Tired of picking Secondary/Tertiary Stars that don't elevate the team around them but need top notch support to reach those "stats".

I was high (probably literally too) on the trade at the time - less enthused now.

But last two weeks have been best of his Isles tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    He has turned out to be a fantastic signing!

Curious as to what you and Thomas think of Bo Horvat now that he's been there for some time now.
    Great way for an older, talented goalie to stay in the league. Really helps the team, I'm sure he gives his advise to the No 1 goalie and any of the kids who pop up occasionally. Same with the Isles and Varly.

Really happy with Horvat. Hustles, strong 2 way player. He has shown some chemistry with Barzal, and Lee is starting to come around. His points/game this season is at a career high right now. Some people think because you give a guy a long-term deal, they automatically become McDavid part 2. Like many on the Isles, he is too old to be starting an 8-year contract. Thats my only knock on the guy but that won't have to be dealt with for some years.

I was so excited when Beauvillier came up. He has very good hands, a good shot and is an excellent skater. But he would disappear for long stretches at a time. Brock Nelson a little better player, was exactly like that too for the first 8 years of his career. He has turned himself into an excellent player the last 3 years. He now puts in the work. Beau has played himself out of Vancouver and is currently in Chicago. Might make a nice winger for Bedard some day. Beauvillier and Barzal were both drafted in the 1st round in 2015 and thought they with JT would lead this team. But Beau never got consistent and JT, well we all know that story. BTW, JT is 2 points away from 1000 for his career, if he gets it tonight at UBS, what kind of hand will he get?

And the other guy in the trade is Aatu Raty. A ton of raw talent, especially his shot, but the jury is out if he can turn it into a solid career. Only 21 I hated to see him go.

Really happy with Horvat. BTW, JT is 2 points away from 1000 for his career, if he gets it tonight at UBS, what kind of hand will he get?
    JT got his 1000 point as Isles blow another 3rd period lead with 7 seconds left in the 3rd. UBS put him and 1000 on the scoreboard. Everyone had that "I can't effin’ believe we blew a 2 goal lead again" feeling. TOR bench emptied with league permission. A lot of fans still gave him the business. Personally, Good for JT. As long as he doesn't get to drink from the Cup before the Isles, good for him.

A little redemption as Horvat picks his spot in OT for the winner. Very happy with Bo!
    Last edited by Tangram; 12-13-2023 at 05:41 AM.

The eons are closing
    At this time last year, Isles and Rangers were prepping for their last meeting of the year!

At least this go round, all 3 (ugh) games are in 2nd half, with two in the last 15 of the season.

So better but not enough.

At this time last year, Isles and Rangers were prepping for their last meeting of the year!

At least this go round, all 3 (ugh) games are in 2nd half, with two in the last 15 of the season.

So better but not enough.
    Yeah better than last year but that bar was on the ground. Where do they get these schedule makers?

Yeah better than last year but that bar was on the ground. Where do they get these schedule makers?
    NHL always wants to reinforce that classic NYC-Winnipeg rivalry.

...or even moreso, the NY/AZ desert delight!

Only 3 games between rivals like NYR/NYI is so stupid. Over the last couple years I've started to like Mudshark and Tangram more...who the hell wants that?