Page 282 of 404 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 10077

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    I can offer you a money back guarantee that I will not be happy with whatever is handed out.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    And of course Tom Wilson has another suspension looming after Fridays ejection.

Two game suspension. How do you like them apples?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-matt-calvert/

I hope charges are laid (but I'm not holding my breath). If the NHL aren't going to protect their players from what is, in my opinion, an outright assault, somebody should.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 12-03-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I don't like those apples at all. Fuck everyone involved in this process.

If only I could say I was surprised...
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I don't like those apples at all. Fuck everyone involved in this process.

If only I could say I was surprised...
    A 2 game suspension for punching someone? Whatever.

I grew up watching hockey players beat the hell out of each other. I miss old time hockey. Gordie Howe skated around with a metal plate in his head for 20 years. Goalies didn't wear masks and no one wore helmets (up until Craig MacTavish was the last!). And then later, Bob Probert and Tie Domi, fer crissakes!

Go watch figure skating.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Buddy, I'm all about missing old time hockey, but it's not hockey when a dude throws a haymaker uppercut at a defenseless player...from the bench. That's just bullshit.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Buddy, I'm all about missing old time hockey, but it's not hockey when a dude throws a haymaker uppercut at a defenseless player...from the bench. That's just bullshit.
    Am I missing something? A debilitating injury? Broken jaw? How about a black eye? Not even a paper cut. He played the rest of the game with his face intact. I think you're exaggerating the "haymaker uppercut on a defenseless player".
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Am I missing something? A debilitating injury? Broken jaw? How about a black eye? Not even a paper cut. He played the rest of the game with his face intact. I think you're exaggerating the "haymaker uppercut on a defenseless player".
    Just so I'm clear--you're OK with players on the bench directly interfering with play to the point of grabbing a player on the ice, not releasing his stick when he tries to break free, and then punching him in the face when he's being restrained and is unable to defend himself? Give me a fucking break, man. This has nothing to do with any of the 'code' stuff in the Domi/Probert vid you posted above and it has nothing to do with the way hockey 'used to be'. That's cheap shot bullshit, period, no matter what era you're talking about.

Exactly, Brian. It's cheap shot bullshit even for back in the day.

Now when I think old school, I think of the next time these two teams meet, someone going after Bertuzzi for some well-deserved payback. That's hockey...not this cheapshot crap.

Yeah...I'm sorry...if you equate those two instances then I'm not sure there is a point to any more discussion. Cheap shots have no place in the sport, then, now, or in the future.

And speaking of things that will be in the sport in the future, I guess we need to welcome a Seattle team to the league. I just hope they don't become the Sockeyes.

Should've come last expansion instead of Vegas. (no offense to any Knights fans we have here)

The eons are closing
    NHL doesn't have the balls to let hockey die in the desert while viable Canadian cities (Ottawa excluded! lol) remain on outside looking in.

28 teams
    4 divisions 2 conf
    Play each team in your division 5 times
    Play other conf teams three times
    Play out of conf teams twice
    79 games total

Division winners get 1-4 seeds
    Seeds 5-8 are next two best teams in each conf

Seeds 8 - 16
    Across entire NHL best 8 teams left. Tiebreaks handled by overall out of conference record (28 games) for each team

In this scenario,

it would be finally possible to get an original 6 final aside from Chicago vs eastern big 6 team

it allows for the possibility of nuclear war finals - MTL v Tor; NYI v NYR, Bos vs anyone in East etc.

Is the idea perfect? No but IMO still better than current. But NHL has to have the balls to let franchises die.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Just so I'm clear--you're OK with players on the bench directly interfering with play to the point of grabbing a player on the ice, not releasing his stick when he tries to break free, and then punching him in the face when he's being restrained and is unable to defend himself? Give me a fucking break, man. This has nothing to do with any of the 'code' stuff in the Domi/Probert vid you posted above and it has nothing to do with the way hockey 'used to be'. That's cheap shot bullshit, period, no matter what era you're talking about.
    Granted, the Wing's bench grabbed his stick, but watch the video -- rather than skating away, Calvert engaged the bench and also threw the first punch. If he were a shrinking violet, Calvert could have fallen to the ice when his stick was grabbed and tried to get the ref to call a bench penalty for interference.
    Last edited by The Dark Elf; 12-04-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Thrilling game in Buffalo tonight. Wrong team won, but both teams played well. Whatcha gonna do?

The huge number of blue and white jerseys in the crowd was a little dismaying.

Gotta love Max Domi! Gordie Howe hat trick, with an extra goal, last night! He was a steal for Galchenyuk, who was a cancer and never panned out.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Bolts continue to pull off comebacks, Yesterday with a 28 year old career AHL goalie playing in his first NHL game.
    There’s gonna be bigtime energy when they finally meet the Leafs. Hopefully, Vasilievsky will be back in the net then.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Bolts continue to pull off comebacks, Yesterday with a 28 year old career AHL goalie playing in his first NHL game.
    There’s gonna be bigtime energy when they finally meet the Leafs. Hopefully, Vasilievsky will be back in the net then.
    I really like that Brayden Point kid. And Brett Howden (one of the players we got in deal for McDonagh) is awesome. I'm curious to what you think about McD, Miller and Girardi...
    Last edited by Klonk; 12-06-2018 at 02:42 PM.

I really like that Brayden Point kid. And Brett Howden (one of the players we in deal for McDonagh) is awesome. I'm curious to what you think about McD, Miller and Girardi...
    Point is one of my favorite young players in the league. Great energy & skill.

I'm with these guys. I'm not a Reaves or Wilson fan, but I will not feel bad for Wilson here. Dude had it coming.
    Last edited by Klonk; 12-06-2018 at 06:10 PM.

The eons are closing
    Those guys were going at it all game. One of them was going down at some point and time it was Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Those guys were going at it all game. One of them was going down at some point and time it was Wilson.
    ...and I don't feel bad one bit. If these two actually fought Reaves would pummel him That dude is an animal.

I don't feel bad for Wilson either. A taste of his own medicine may be the only way he will understand... Having said that, this hit deserves any sanctions the NHL feels is warranted...

Another great Habs-Sens game last night. Love these home-and-home mini series. They tend to have a playoff feel to them.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I really like that Brayden Point kid. And Brett Howden (one of the players we got in deal for McDonagh) is awesome. I'm curious to what you think about McD, Miller and Girardi...
    Point is tremendous. Almost never makes a mistake. He’s one of those players that can enter the zone 1-on-4 and make something good happen. Then he comes back and strips the puck from the other team’s top line...He’s highly respected by teammates too- should replace Stamkos as captain someday.

As for Rangers south, Ryan McD has been our best D so far this year, yes better than Hedman. He’s dictating play in both ends. Girardi was surprisingly steady last year but his reaction/response time this year has been slow and he’s worn the goat horns on more than a few occasions. Miller is an enigma - tools/toolbox. Sometimes his head doesn’t seem to be there and the play will die on his stick but occasionally he’ll produce something sweet.

I saw Howden in junior and I thought he had prototypical NHL two way forward tattooed on his head. He plays a very mature game for his age. Wish we still had him but with McD being such a stud...

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    As for Rangers south, Ryan McD has been our best D so far this year, yes better than Hedman. He’s dictating play in both ends. Girardi was surprisingly steady last year but his reaction/response time this year has been slow and he’s worn the goat horns on more than a few occasions. Miller is an enigma - tools/toolbox. Sometimes his head doesn’t seem to be there and the play will die on his stick but occasionally he’ll produce something sweet.

I saw Howden in junior and I thought he had prototypical NHL two way forward tattooed on his head. He plays a very mature game for his age. Wish we still had him but with McD being such a stud...
    Oh boywe miss McD badly here. Girardi was a beast for many years, but all those rough, physical years began to take its toll. He had slowed down tremendously that last year here. I'm surprised he hasn't hung em up yet. LOVED the guy though...what a warrior. You describe JT Miller perfectly...what an enigma. When he's playing physical (hit on David Backes last year...boom!) and getting involved, he is a hell of a good player, but yeah...sometimes he seems to be out to lunch.

We here are also very happy with Vlad Namestnikov. Not getting the goals all that much, but skates hard and is always in the mix. Hard worker and will start to produce with the right line mates...if they ever come

Tampa is next...always cool to see Rangers south!

Thoughts on today’s Rangers-Bolts game? I was unable to watch it.

About Namestnikov, I think the Bolts unloaded him at the right time. He had bloated stats from playing with Kucherov and Stamkos and couldn’t really generate much by himself- he has never been a good finisher. Decent 2 way guy with good wheels though.