Page 40 of 404 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 10080

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Nice gesture by the Flyers last night - they played Boston, and wore patches on their uniforms as well as decals on their helmets for the bombing. After the game, they auctioned off the jerseys and gave the proceeds to charities that benefit the victims.

And they won the game, too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Ole ole ole oleeeeeee ooooleeeee ooooleeeee...go Habs go!

<vomits>
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I don't know much about John Tavares the Hockey player, but his uncle John Tavares the Lacrosse player is 43-yrs-old and still one of top scorers in the NLL. I guarantee a HoF induction the year after his retirement. If JT the hockey player has half the balls of his uncle, he should be in for a long and successful career.
    John Tavares the hockey player is the real deal. Helped lead the Islanders to the playoffs, which is no small achievement given they had to sign a goalie who would NEVER play for them to make the league minimum payroll amount.

GO ISLES!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Nice gesture by the Flyers last night - they played Boston, and wore patches on their uniforms as well as decals on their helmets for the bombing. After the game, they auctioned off the jerseys and gave the proceeds to charities that benefit the victims.

And they won the game, too.
    Who would have thought the Flyers could be so classy?

Kidding, that's very cool. Good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Ole ole ole oleeeeeee ooooleeeee ooooleeeee...go Habs go!

<vomits>
    You're wasting your breath...and yesterday's lunch. Habs will not win another game this season...or post-season.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The eons are closing
    That's why I hope the Isles catch the Leafs for 5th. I think it would be better to play struggling Habs @ #4 than surging capitalscum @ #3

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    John Tavares the hockey player is the real deal.
    Well, speak of the Devil (not the New Jersey kind)...Here's an article from the NY Times about John Tavares the Lacrosse player. With mention of JT the hockey player.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/25/sp...kjD%2FMEYiJow&

The eons are closing
    Arrrgh! Frakkin Isles playoff tax went on sale @ noon today but i just got the email @ 530!!!!! Game 3 and 4 virtual sellout already as there aren't two seats together left!!!! Now I have to do the damn stubhub thing.

Red Wings won an important one tonight. Every game is a playoff game this week.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Arrrgh! Frakkin Isles playoff tax went on sale @ noon today but i just got the email @ 530!!!!! Game 3 and 4 virtual sellout already as there aren't two seats together left!!!! Now I have to do the damn stubhub thing.
    Or...you can watch them on TV. Tickets here will be so outrageously priced (as in the crazy regular season rates doubled) that I never even dream of going to see a game live.

Habs need 1 measly point to secure 4th place. Can they get it tonight??? I'll be missing the game (and the NFL draft) because of stupid Steven Wilson!

Go Habs GO!!! Of course I'd prefer the Rangers handle their own destiny by beating Carolina tonight, but just in case. The LAST thing I want is to have to beat the Devils on Saturday. They will play that game like Game 7 of the cup finals. Please no...

Are you that eager to meet the Pens in a 4-out-7? Do the Rangers tend to match up well against Pittsburgh?

Rangers played great against Pitt. the last 2 games, but they were also without major players. Of course I'd rather not go against Pitt. But hey, what better test?

Hey man, enjoy Steven Wilson tonight. I'll be seeing the same show tomorrow night in NYC.

Yeah, tonight's gonna rock! Last tour with this band knocked me on my ass so I'm kinda pumped right now. Not with the girlfriend tonight so I'm gonna try and get up close for a few tracks.

now...back to hockey!

The eons are closing
    Really guys, can we get back on topic in this off topic forum?

Go Jets, go hurricanes and go panthers ...would rather the Isles play Habs than uber-hot Caps.

Re: playoff tix
    My son had never been to an Isles playoff game (he is 6) and who knows when they'll be back again!

I have found the formula to help the Habs win: go to a show instead of watching the game!

Are there any playoff spots still available in the East now?

Seriously, Flyers?

Your team sucks. You're not making the playoffs. So, what do you do? Start winning.

Brilliant.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Holy crap...if the seeds stay as is in the east, these match-ups are going to be insane!!

In typical Ranger fashion, they made the fans sweat it out into OT. Bastards. But hey, we can breath a little now...a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Seriously, Flyers?

Your team sucks. You're not making the playoffs. So, what do you do? Start winning.

Brilliant.
    LMAO! That was the Leafs last year. Once you tank the playoffs, you might as well just lose and go for the better draft pick positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I have found the formula to help the Habs win: go to a show instead of watching the game!

Are there any playoff spots still available in the East now?
    I hope it was a great show Yves!

So we're definately looking at a Habs/Buds playoff. All that has to be determined is who gets the home ice advantage. That should keep tomorrow night's game interesting. Neither team can afford to sit back and rest yet.

On the radio this morning they said that the last time the Leafs and Habs met in the playoffs was in 1979. And that none of the current Leafs were even born yet in 1979. I don't know if that's true, but it's an interesting piece of trivia if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    LMAO! That was the Leafs last year. Once you tank the playoffs, you might as well just lose and go for the better draft pick positions.
    Absolutely. Once you're eliminated, all of the starting regulars should go on the injured list.

The Sens are in!

What a remarkable recovery for Karlsson - playing 10 weeks to day of his Achilles surgery. He basically halved the normal recovery period for that type of injury! And what does he do in his first game back - 27 minutes ice time, assists on both goals, leads the team in shots on goal with 8. And by his own admission, he is not physically where he was before the injury. So he's like 80% of his normal self. The guy is unbelievable. They posted a stat during the game last night that even only having played in 14 games this season, he still lead the league in scoring for defencemen over the past two years!

For some reason, the Sens seem to match up very well against the Caps. So they really need to hang on to that 6'th seed going into the playoffs.

Well the Devils aren't going to win a championship, but Fantasy Team Kilgore Trout will.

Best move of the week?

Adding Karlsson. He got me 7 points last night. Now when do I get to kiss the Cup?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Adding Karlsson. He got me 7 points last night. Now when do I get to kiss the Cup?
    Go for it.

Verging on Shadow humor territory there, Scott.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.