Page 34 of 404 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    I know the Flyers were hoping it was a dream. Looks like they could just about be out of playoff contention.
    It's over.

Fire Paul Holmgren.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

[QUOTE=Brave73;76148]Pick an excuse for the Bruins' loss vs the Habs last night...

How about the second worst rule in the game (i.e., Delay of Game for non-intentional clearing the glass)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I switched to the Bruins/Canadiens. That was a damn entertaining game. Each team had 2 goal leads, only to give it up and fall behind by two goals. As much as I watch mainly western conference games, those historical eastern conference rivalries make for some intense hockey.
    That was one hell of game. I am so impressed with Canadiens. They sure have come a long way since last year. Michel Therrien for the Jack Adams???

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    That was one hell of game. I am so impressed with Canadiens. They sure have come a long way since last year. Michel Therrien for the Jack Adams???
    I think he should get some recognition if they finish the year like they started. Hell of a gut check to come back like they did. They outplayed the Pens in Pittsburgh the night before and could have easily mailed in the 3rd period yesterday. I think they have shown that they can play with the best in the East. Subban's goal was the best shot I've seen all year!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The eons are closing
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

That's just a huge embarrassment here. Melnyk has been a great owner in most regards, but every so often, he takes being the owner a little too seriously and makes a complete ass of himself. This is one of those cases. Mind you, if some little POS thug sliced open one of my best assets, I would be a little miffed about it too.

The eons are closing
    I certainly get the anger / fustration and I am not even an owner!
    I still get bent out of shape talking about Darcy Tucker's hit on Peca; or Dale Hunter's ultimate cheap shot on Pierre Turgeon

But a CSI-type inquiry....that's funny.

Well, Melnyk made his billions in the pharmaceutical business, so I guess he fancies himself a bit of an expert. Thanks to Jay Feaster's incompetence, this could received even more attention and like I said, everyone here just wishes it would go away ... quietly.

On a related note, the Sens lulled the Rangers in a semi-comatose state last night en route to a 3-0 win. Most notable snoozers - Richards, Gaborik and Nash.

Flyers blow a 2-goal lead to lose to the Isles in the dreaded shootout.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Wow. The Bruins are so screwed up, they actually lost to the Flyers today!

I still think the biggest bozo in all of this is Jay Feaster. What a dick!

Blackhawks vs Detroit, the Blackhawks score 3 goals in the first 4 minutes !

Oh dear, the Leafs really beat the Sens bad on Saturday. All of Toronto's strengths were on display (hat-trick for Kadri, another strong game by Lupul, good goaltending by Reimer, etc.) All of Ottawa's weaknesses were also on display (lack of scoring, lack of toughness, too much reliance on their goaltending, etc.) I'm wondering if the outcome of this game and the setback that Spezza seems to have suffered means that Murray is on the hunt for a forward for the playoffs.

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Derek Roy to Vancouver, Jagr to Boston...

I'm curious to see if the Habs make a move before the deadline. The return of Ryder and Halpern have been good moves. I don't see them making a move for a big name guy, not at the expense of giving up some up and comers. I like where the team is now and think the current line-up can be tough to beat in the playoffs.

There you go Yves...Davis Drewiske!

Ryan Clowe to the Rangers...

I don't even know this guy. I'll trust that he's a better fit than the green prospects that have been playing in the 6th D spot since Diaz went down. It also tells me that they don't expect Diaz to return any time soon.

Still hearing goalie rumours for the Leafs. Apparently the Leafs have been talking to Miikka Kiprusoff from the Calgary Flames. And, of course, there are the ever-present Luongo rumours still flying about. I'll be happy when the deadline is over today so they can either make a move or shut these rumours down. As I've said before...I like both Reimer and Scrivens.

On a different note...It looks like I'll be going to the Leafs/Flyers game on Thursday night. One of our suppliers is supposed to be sending me a pair of tickets today.

The eons are closing
    Although the Isles have 8th @ the moment; both Rangers and Devils have games in hand.
    By end of monday, all three NYC area teams will have played the same amount of games (Rangers play 4 in the next six days to catch up); if the Isles are still 'above the line' at that point; then given their schedule (road heavy) and their propensity to play better away from Nassau, I like their chances to make the playoffs.

And if things go really well, the Isles will be the 7th seed and Montreal bound (which I think is a better matchup than the Pens).

General trend of discussion among the media is that Kipper will stay with Calgary and retire at the end of the season. He coulda done the Flames a favor by getting out of town a year or two ago. Still...he isn't skating at practice today. Interesting...

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    NYR trade Gaborik to CBJ for Brassard, John Moore, Dorsett and 6th round pick per Bob Mckenzie
    Mnwild has acquired Jason Pominville for Johan Larsson and Matt Hackett going the other way per Michael Russo.
    Steve Mason from Blue Jackets to Flyers for Michael Leighton - multiple sources.
    Last edited by rushfan; 04-03-2013 at 03:40 PM.

The Rob Flick trade is the stunner of the day for me...

The eons are closing
    Roberto Luongo stays says "my contract sucks"

He should talk to Ricky. Amazing how two goalies drafted by Milbury now have the two most untradeable contracts in NHL history

In Puck Daddy parlance: 4 Milburys!!

Introducing the milbury scale