Page 13 of 404 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    First Isles shannaban for the new season: McDonald out two games for boarding Pens' lovejoy.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I saw that, Thomas...had a feeling it was coming.

Turns out Callahan will only be out 2 weeks with a shoulder subluxation. Whatever the hell that is. Good news for Ranger fans!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    It's nice to see Del Zotto finally having some success. You could tell when he first came up that he had the ability, but sometimes it takes a couple of years for guys to put it all together.

The way he went off the ice, I would guess that Callahan has a separated shoulder. That might put him out for the rest of the season, which would would be a big blow to the Rangers, given their heavy reliance on their top line. Calling Keith Kreider (sp)!
    Now that Mark Staal is back to his old self it's really helping Del Zotto's Play and when you combine them with the Richards line with Nash and Gaborik it is fun to watch. We just might have something brewing this year.

Good news on Callahan might only be out 10 to 14 days with a shoulder subluxation.

Yep, good news for Callahan. I hated the guy during the playoffs last year against my team, but I have to admire the way he plays the game.

Yep, good news for Callahan. I hated the guy during the playoffs last year against my team, but I have to admire the way he plays the game.
    As a Ranger fan I'm glad to see that Cally will only miss a couple of weeks. Guy's as big as the building.

On a somewhat related note, anybody else think "Subluxation" should be the title of the next Glass Hammer album?

Though different styles of player, this is how I've always felt about Chris Neil. He's a nightmare to play against, as tough as they come and fearless. Ultimate team guy. One of those players you hate, but would love on your team.

Agreed. Hate him 'cause he wears a blue sweater, but can't help but love his game.

And I hate seeing good players injured (unless they play for the Penguins. )
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Though different styles of player, this is how I've always felt about Chris Neil. He's a nightmare to play against, as tough as they come and fearless. Ultimate team guy. One of those players you hate, but would love on your team.
    But dear God, he takes a lot of really bad penalties.

On the plus side, he got the team fired up tonight with a spirited tilt against Brandon Prust.

Nice to see Mika Zibanijad notch his first NHL goal on a rocket that glanced off a Montreal defenceman.

Game Summary - Ottawa's dummies were just a little bit smarter than Montreal's tonight. (i.e., Montreal took some really bad penalties that cost them the game.)

Lino
    It's never a bad thing when the Habs lose. Never.

Uh oh. Ottawa's Jason Spezza is out indefinitely and needs surgery for a herniated disc. Remember that Spezza was playing in Switzerland during the lockout and he's missed time in the past with back woes, so this injury is not one of those "no training camp" injuries.

Lino
    Sorry to hear Stan. Last year he was a tremendous contributor. Luckily Ottawa has brilliant goaltending to hold the fort till he gets back.

Anderson has been awesome.

Speaking of goalies what the hell is happening out in Vancouver?? Now Luongo is getting the starts? I thought he was being shopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Anderson has been awesome.

Speaking of goalies what the hell is happening out in Vancouver?? Now Luongo is getting the starts? I thought he was being shopped?
    The best way to advertise him is to show how good he is NOW. They're talking about playing Ben Bishop here more in order to shop him as it seems that Robin Lehner may finally be ready for "the show".

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Sorry to hear Stan. Last year he was a tremendous contributor. Luckily Ottawa has brilliant goaltending to hold the fort till he gets back.
    A lot of people still think of him as the human giveaway machine, but coach MacLean has really worked with him on making lateral dish offs instead of those disastrous back passes. Also, he is very accomplished in the face off circle and gulp, he's even killing power plays now. Sneaky MacLean puts him out towards the end of the PP in the hope that Spezza can hit the guy coming out of the box with a breakaway pass.

Ooops, I may have said too much.

The eons are closing
    Is that why the Isles don't play Ricky...so no one knows how 'not good' he actually is?

Lino
    Thomas!

Stan - Spezza was one of the best players in the league last year...pure natural talent like that is rare. Getting McLean was the best thing Ottawa did, and I'm hoping Carlyle can do the same for the Leafs and some of their players...though they don't have anybody close to the skill of Spezza. Ya, I'm biased, he's Italian (I think lol)...

Lino
    RE: Luongo. The way it was, Vancouver wasn't going to get what they wanted for Luongo. Obviously, the contract is insane. I imagine, his stock couldn't be any lower than it was...so may as well play him, and hope 1. he plays great 2. a contender gets an injury to their starter.

Still, it can't be pretty. I've been a goalie...nothing in the world is worse than sitting. Even 4th liners know they'll get their 6-8 minutes a game. Schneider knows he's NHL caliber ...Luongo is paid all kinds.... the situation is only gonna get worse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Ya, I'm biased, he's Italian (I think lol)...
    Oh for sure. I hate to break this to you but he intermarried.

spezza_wedding.jpeg

Lino
    Well, I can't criticize him for that, so did I. And despite much persuasion from her side of the family to become Hab fans...my children did the Italian thing and became Leaf fans.

What does it take for them to call a penalty on Crosby?

Crosby doesn't commit penalties.

He freely admitted that he was trying to break Claude Giroux's wrists last year in the playoffs in a play in which he wasn't penalized.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Leafs were up 2-1 in the third period. They lost 5-2. Yep, hockey is definitely back.
    We were in Las Vegas and bet on that stupid game. We went down to the Sports Book to watch the 3rd period and started off all excited that we might win our bet. We should have known better...

Well, the Devils still haven't lost in regulation. That's about all that can be said for the last three games.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The eons are closing
    Yeah....good victory for the Isles; though it would be nice if they could hold a lead more than 2 minutes or so

Brodeur is DiPietro's idol; and Marty played like Ricky last night: sh!tty.

Easily one of the worst games Marty has ever had handling the puck that I've seen. I much prefer a goalie who is less aggressive with the puck handling than Marty or Ricky (though Marty is better at it than Ricky for sure).

The Isles early season success can mainly be attributed to their special team play:
    - 2nd in penalty killing (96%)
    - #1 on the powerplay (37%)
    Last edited by MudShark22; 02-01-2013 at 09:07 AM.