Page 125 of 404 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 10088

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    You were in PR? You should have given me a heads up! I would've gone down and had a beer...could care less who you cheer for. A wise choice to stay away from pretty much most of those bars if you're a vocal fan Unless you're in the mood to fight with a bunch of boozed up 20 somethings
    Didn't know I was gonna be there until I was....
    However, the secondary advantage of going to hitting Bin 41 was that I was the only male there on a Saturday night....lots of milfy-types drinking wine etc. Gotta remember that for future reference
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Sorry, Rangers fans.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

That goal with a second left in the first period. Crushing all spirit from the fans and team alike. That was tough.
    It ain't over till it's over.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

LMAO!

Quick was massive last night, and has been great throughout. It's tough when a team has Nash, Richards & St. Louis but has to depend on names like Zuccarello, Pouliot & Brassard for offensive production. Nash has 10 points in 23 playoff games. Unacceptable. Feel bad for Lundqvist though. That sound you hear is his Stanley Cup window rapidly closing.

I saw a shot of the Rangers fans filing out last night with looks of frustrated resignation, more than anything. I don't think anyone would've beaten the Kings last night. And then Vigneault spent maybe two total minutes in his press conference, saying essentially "I got nothin'."

Hopefully the Rangers can extend it but LA is playing like a machine.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Yeah, at this point I'm just hoping it goes five, if anything for the purely selfish reason of not being ready for the playoffs to end more than anything else. The Rangers have found themselves in that unenviable position of just simply not being able to win no matter how well they seem to carry the play during the game itself.

This series is playing out as I expected. Rangers stave off elimination tonight and Kings win the Cup at home.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

OK, whose spouse would immediately start preparing the divorce papers if you bought one of these?

http://us.thegoallight.com/store/#!/...16&id=15439010

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    OK, whose spouse would immediately start preparing the divorce papers if you bought one of these?

http://us.thegoallight.com/store/#!/...16&id=15439010
    That's a nice one, but this is what the real fans buy... http://www.marketingmag.ca/news/mark...i-lights-71187

Wifi enabled, you set it for your team and it gives you a five minute warning for each game and goes off automatically each time your team scores.

Hubby and I talked about getting one if we ever redo our basement so that it's a livable space.

There is life....
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    That's a nice one, but this is what the real fans buy... http://www.marketingmag.ca/news/mark...i-lights-71187

Wifi enabled, you set it for your team and it gives you a five minute warning for each game and goes off automatically each time your team scores.

Hubby and I talked about getting one if we ever redo our basement so that it's a livable space.
    I guess that you could live with one, being a Leaf fan. It's not like it's gonna go off all that often!

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I guess that you could live with one, being a Leaf fan. It's not like it's gonna go off all that often!
    LOL! I have no sharp-witted comeback for that. The truth hurts.

Last game of the season tonight.....

Last game of the season tonight.....
    If the Rangers pull out the OT win, I call LA in 7. Why should this series be any different than all the rounds that got them here?

Congrats LA. Hate the Rangers but what a great series. Hats off to both teams!

But for a few questionable calls, we'd be looking at game 6 Monday night. The Rangers fought the good fight though. Save game 3, that was a helluva 5-game series.

Congrats to LA. Looking forward to next season!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

LA dominated most of the games and are fully deserving of the Cup. The Rangers have come a very long way in a very short time. Congrats to them!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    If the Rangers pull out the OT win, I call LA in 7. Why should this series be any different than all the rounds that got them here?
    Never mind.

Other than the Leafs not making the playoffs, which I've grown used to, it was a good playoff run this year. Lots of exciting, nail-biter games. LA played a great series and deserved the win.

See you all in October!

LA dominated most of the games and are fully deserving of the Cup. The Rangers have come a very long way in a very short time. Congrats to them!
    Completely agree. That was one of the best overtimes I've ever seen! Scott, congrats and thanks for running this thread all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Kings in 5.

Hehe...

I not only called Kings in 5, I stated which games would be won by which teams...