Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Watching Heat vs Pacers. It's a dog fight.

The Dubs better "Fear The Deer" tonight!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Poor ol' Sixers . . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    Poor ol' Sixers . . . . . . . . . .
    Bringing back the glory days of 1972-73, when Kevin Loughery was coach! I remember it well.

Did you see the end of the Texas UNC game.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

The Dubs are 24-0. What a run. A dynasty in the making.

Golden State and Milwaukee are in a dog fight. Rootin' for the dogs.

Golden State loses. Finally. They got the monkey off they back.

Congrats Geezer. You'd think the Bucks won the Finals.

24-1
    1-23
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Can't win 'em all.

Be still my fucking heart!

I went to a Festivus party/jam tonight with one of my kids, sang my ass off (they didn't have the paramedic I requested standing by) and then forgot to dvr the game, and didn't know the outcome until 2 minutes ago when I opened this thread.

Fuck, it's 2:40am here in the heartland, but I might have to go to sleep after the sunrise so I can watch a replay!!

Yeah, you said it, but I still don't believe it.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Poor ol' Lakers . . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Sad to see the Warriors lose, but it was inevitable and this game was the perfect storm of on the road, young fresh opponent, grueling game the night before, and injuries. Not excuses by any means. I'm also glad it was the Bucks as Kidd is a native Oaklander that went to the same high school as my kids.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

LeBron just crushed one of the little beauties at courtside going for a loose ball. They took her out on a stretcher. She may have been golfer Jason Day's date.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    Poor ol' Lakers . . . . . . . . . .
    Yeah they have to settle that they still have the record 33 in row.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    LeBron just crushed one of the little beauties at courtside going for a loose ball. They took her out on a stretcher. She may have been golfer Jason Day's date.
    In 2015, there is no doubt in my mind that this young lady (who I presume doesn't have life-threatening injuries) will reap substantial $ rewards for her misfortune.

It's sort of like some guy with a lot of kids, who's been divorced since 2003, inheriting substantial sums of $ from not one, but 2 post-divorce partners within 10 years. The lady who met LeBron up close & personal was bodily injured. The guy with the 2 inheritances was very emotionally injured. No one wants to lose 2 people they love within 10 years, no matter how much f*****g $ one inherits.

Did I say all that shit? 2 Long Islands, a perfect Margarita and copious amounts of herb earlier this evening have obviously made me contract verbal diarrhea. Woe is me.

Back on track: Typical NBA scenario. Bucks end Dubs 24-0 run, but can't beat the 3 (now 4) win Lakers.

Correction: It was Jason Day's wife.

Saw the crushing blow courtside. Ouch.

The Cavs were impressive last night in a tale of 2 games. The first was played in the first and third quarters in which the Thunder starting five were able to get to double digit leads, and the second game played in the even quarters in which the Cavs just stormed back. In order to compete in the West the Thunder are going to have to figure out how to hold those leads.

My Dubs bounced back well after their loss to the Bucks and look to redeem themselves tonight at home - Geeze, you going to stay awake to watch?

I'm DVRing it since I won't be home.

Even geriatrics get out once in a while, man!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm DVRing it since I won't be home.

Even geriatrics get out once in a while, man!
    You are less geriatric than I my good sir. I was planning to go see Spectre last night at the 9:15pm showing and fell asleep at 8:30!

Watching Heat/Raptors. Watch us find a way to lose.

Hell of a game between Cavs and Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Hell of a game between Cavs and Warriors.
    One hell of a game. Both teams clearly really wanted this one, so it had a bit of a playoff game feel.

As a Cavaliers fan, there are reasons to be encouraged, and reasons to be troubled.

The former- 1) We shot poorly but were still in it until the end. Some of that was the outstanding Warriors D, but the Cavaliers missed a lot of open shots. How many shots rimmed out? And how many times did someone make a great move to get to the hoop, only to blow the shot? 2) Kyrie is still only a bit player. By the time the playoffs roll around, he will be a major factor (if he's not injured again.) 3) We can defend Curry better than probably any other team. 4) the depth appears to be more or less a draw. I'd be surprised if Livingston could do that on a regular basis.

The latter - 1) We shot poorly. I expect better shooting from the Cavaliers, especially from 3 point range, where they are normally much better, but are they good enough? Love was excellent, but was not a factor from outside. 2) We have a 7 foot center with some real skills that we still have no idea how to integrate into the offense, so he sits for much of the game. Ugh. 3) We leave way too many points on the foul line. Merely decent shooting today, and there may have been a different outcome. This is not unusual for them, and LeBron can't be counted on for clutch free throws.

Very enjoyable game. Will be fun to watch going forward.

Amazing that the NBA can put 5 games on Christmas Day and only one is worth watching. The league is really dropping in quality. How anyone can watch the Lakers is beyond me.

Regarding the Cavs v. Dubs, encouraging for me is the Dubs ability to play a different style of game and win. Troubling is how well the Cavs guarded Curry, fortunately we have Draymond to cover.