Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuneiform Records semi-big news

Cuneiform Records semi-big news

Hey

Today is October 2nd and the following titles are officially released today:

Le Rex
    "Wild Man"

Adam Rudolph / GO: Organic Guitar Orchestra
    "Turning Towards The Light"

Thinking Plague
    "In This Life"

Thanks to our partners at BandCamp and their updated settings, you can now stream the entire albums up to three times for free.

This is very exciting news for us and also, we hope, for you.

On October 16, we will be releasing our other new titles and they will also stream in their entirety for free up to three times.

Raoul Bjorkenheim / eCsTaSy
    "Out Of The Blue"

Pixel
    "Golden Years"

SONAR
    "Black Light"

We hope that this allows you to hear if you would like to buy something while still allowing us to sell you something.

Thanks for your interest!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

^ The three plays thing is a really smart idea. I know I'm more likely to buy stuff if I can hear a good amount of it first. Limiting plays makes total sense though - if you like it enough to stream it more than three times, buy it already.

Awesomesauce
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    ^ The three plays thing is a really smart idea. I know I'm more likely to buy stuff if I can hear a good amount of it first. Limiting plays makes total sense though - if you like it enough to stream it more than three times, buy it already.
    Thank you. Glad you like it. That was our thinking.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

This sounds definitely a good idea, a win-win situation I guess. Thanks for putting this idea forward.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    I've often wondered why more musicians don't adopt some tactic like this. Another idea would be to overlay some sonic watermark, such as a spoken word announcement, over the music at several points. You'd still be able to judge whether you liked the music, but you'd have to buy the clean version in order to actually enjoy it.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    What a great idea, I'm certainly going to spin these this weekend.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

chalkpie
    Great!

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Another idea would be to overlay some sonic watermark, such as a spoken word announcement, over the music at several points.
    Some promo copies have this. I've even heard such "voiceover" versions of songs played on the radio!

Sonar is killer, everyone reading this should have it ordered already.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    On its way.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Pixel i s great too. I think i prefer it over the previous one. A bit short though.

And TPs in this life.....lost for words at the moment.

How is the TP remaster?

I need to replay Pixel, but I found it overall more eperimental and less song based than the previous.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    Some promo copies have this. I've even heard such "voiceover" versions of songs played on the radio!
    I've seen this too, and to be honest it was damned annoying. Just hard to pay attention to the music.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I've seen this too, and to be honest it was damned annoying. Just hard to pay attention to the music.
    ... which, surely, is the whole point?

I've only heard one example of this, back in the 60's, when Melbourne radio station 3UZ had some kind of sponsorship arrangement with a fledgling local band. They played the band's single in advance of its release, and most of it was "clean", but in the middle was a short message to the effect that this recording was the exclusive property of 3UZ.
    Last edited by bob_32_116; 10-03-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    How is the TP remaster?

I need to replay Pixel, but I found it overall more eperimental and less song based than the previous.
    I do not think the new Pixel is more expirimental. Maybe a tad more Jazz and a tad less pop.

In this life sounds great but i have never heard the orginal so I cant comment about the quality of the remaster.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P5110 met Tapatalk

Great idea and thanks! Will give em a spin. Les Rex is on this morning.
    Nice big band.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    I do not think the new Pixel is more expirimental. Maybe a tad more Jazz and a tad less pop.
    Possibly true, yet the band came down like a fucking storm when I saw them two weeks ago at Victoria here in Oslo - and with an audience predominantly consisting of younger, rock-accustomed folks. It's very difficult to explain the live power of this band and indeed that of Ellen Andrea Wang's presence as performer; they/she must be seen to be believed. I thought both the first two rekkids were great, and I'm getting this one as well.

It's still a wonderful thing to live in Oslo as an enthusiast of contemporary rock/pop/jazz/whatever; Christ, I stumbled into Susanna Wallumrød in the tiny fruit section of my local grocery store just the day before yesterday, having met and spoken a cuppa words to her at a nearby restaurant a week ago, now greeting and smiling... It's quite absurd, really. And you can see brilliant - and brilliantly creative - music performed on a weekly basis here.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Another idea is to release three tracks as promos. Today you release one song per album on Soundcloud. Perhaps you should go with 3 teasers at diffrent times. Just like singles.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Possibly true, yet the band came down like a fucking storm when I saw them two weeks ago at Victoria here in Oslo - and with an audience predominantly consisting of younger, rock-accustomed folks. It's very difficult to explain the live power of this band and indeed that of Ellen Andrea Wang's presence as performer; they/she must be seen to be believed. I thought both the first two rekkids were great, and I'm getting this one as well.
    I still have good hope this band will soon expand its touring range a bit into Europe.

Really loved the TP album. Sad I never heard this music in 1989. Bought the bloody Marilion live album instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Pontus72 View Post
    Really loved the TP album. Sad I never heard this music in 1989. Bought the bloody Marilion live album instead...
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Thanks to our partners at BandCamp and their updated settings, you can now stream the entire albums up to three times for free.
    Is this limit of three times applied only to your releases or to everything at bandcamp?

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Will this be applied to the rest of the Cunie catalogue at Bandcamp as well?

Also...excellent news. I look forward to hearing the Sonar and Lex Rex.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.