Thread: North American premiere Moulettes

North American premiere Moulettes

Moulettes, from England, play their first shows in N.A. starting this weekend. Sat 26th at Cavern Bar Toronto and 27th at Cuckoos Nest Chaucers in London Ont. Then they go to Quebec to open for the Three Friends tour 30th ->Oct 3rd. Moulette's bass player is also the Three Friends sound man.
    I remember tomorrow

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Are they served in a white wine and butter sauce?

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I'm seeing them open for Three Friends in Montreal next weekend! Checked out some clips on YouTube and was delighted by this unusual band!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Are they served in a white wine and butter sauce?
    According to an older press clipping, they are seasoned thusly " They are like a cross between Pentangle and the Kronos Quartet, by way of Kate Bush and early Pink Floyd’s Syd Barrett.”
    Reuters.
    I remember tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Thumbs View Post
    Moulettes, from England, play their first shows in N.A. starting this weekend. Sat 26th at Cavern Bar Toronto and 27th at Cuckoos Nest Chaucers in London Ont. Then they go to Quebec to open for the Three Friends tour 30th ->Oct 3rd. Moulette's bass player is also the Three Friends sound man.
    Dave are you going? we will be there for sure!!!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Anyone have any idea when they're playing tonight on Toronto?

There are 3 bands on the bill and it's not clear if they are on first or second.

Just got back from seeing them in Toronto, and they are a seriously good band. Great arrangements, plenty of variety, three very good female singers, interesting instrumentation (inc. Electric Cello, Bassoon) and very good compositions. They went over so well, that a girl who worked at the club, said that this is the first time that everybody actually listened to the band the whole time, instead of chatting away.

Highly recommended, interesting, progressive music. See them!

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Just got back from seeing them in Toronto, and they are a seriously good band. Great arrangements, plenty of variety, three very good female singers, interesting instrumentation (inc. Electric Cello, Bassoon) and very good compositions. They went over so well, that a girl who worked at the club, said that this is the first time that everybody actually listened to the band the whole time, instead of chatting away.

Highly recommended, interesting, progressive music. See them!

neil
    Truly amazing show!! You can catch them again today...They are playing a house concert at 81 Shaw St Toronto 1 pm start. We are going to be there!!!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Truly amazing show!! You can catch them again today...They are playing a house concert at 81 Shaw St Toronto 1 pm start. We are going to be there!!!
    Cool! I hope that you got a longer set, too.

neil

From snippets that I've been able to find, Moulettes have impressed at their two Quebec shows so far. Opening for Three Friends today and Saturday, + a newly listed acoustic show in Montreal Sunday afternoon.
    I remember tomorrow