Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Miller Band Tour 2015

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Maybe it was the cool and inventive guitar solo? For me it is.
    Couldn't have been the lyrics.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Never been a fan but I like some of the radio hits (Fly Like An Eagle, The Joker, Jungle Love, bla bla). Abracadabra is pure cornball but I always get a chuckle out of it. It's currently an earworm...........I'm gonna reach out 'n grab ya.....

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Couldn't have been the lyrics.
    Like thousands of popular songs, it's much less about the lyric than the music. I don't think The Joker has a great lyric either (pompatous) but I like the song.

I always thought this quote from Miles Davis was hilarious, whether true or not. I guess he wasn't a fan.

“I remember one time - it might have been a couple times - at the Fillmore East in 1970, I was opening for this sorry-ass cat named Steve Miller. Steve Miller didn't have his shit going for him, so I'm pissed because I got to open for this non-playing motherf**ker just because he had one or two sorry-ass records out. So I would come late and he would have to go on first and then we got there we smoked the motherf**king place, everybody dug it.”

― Miles Davis

Screw you, Miles. 👺

Screw you, Miles. 👺
    Racist!

I always put Steve Miller in the same category as Robert Palmer...basically had bluesy roots but cashed in on the genre of the month once they found a commercial comfort zone.
    "Witchy Woman" always seemed to be the inspiration for Abracdabra!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    I always thought this quote from Miles Davis was hilarious, whether true or not. I guess he wasn't a fan.

“I remember one time - it might have been a couple times - at the Fillmore East in 1970, I was opening for this sorry-ass cat named Steve Miller. Steve Miller didn't have his shit going for him, so I'm pissed because I got to open for this non-playing motherf**ker just because he had one or two sorry-ass records out. So I would come late and he would have to go on first and then we got there we smoked the motherf**king place, everybody dug it.”

― Miles Davis
    I seriously doubt a Steve Miller audience dug it. If they were there for Miles then the opposite applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    “this no-playing motherf**ker” ― Miles Davis
    Lord knows what he must've thought of the headliner, Neil Young & Crazy Horse!
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

"Mozart was a bitch-ass honkey!"

"Mozart was a bitch-ass honkey!"
    That's probably an actual quote.

The show was last night - a lot of fun. The opener (started before the indicated start time of 8pm!) was Don Felder - kind of cool to see/hear him do Hotel California. He played a double-neck!

I actually hate the song Jungle Love, but can't get it out of my head. Miller opened with it - I think he kind of wanted to get it out of the way.

Abracadabra was excellent! The shows a bit of a blur because it was a whole evening of classic rock - and thanks to my friend Jameson.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 11-08-2015 at 10:17 AM.