Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Gilmour Tour Thread 2015 (SPOILERS)

Oh that's a shame, it's always great to see a legendary surprise guest. I saw Gilmour himself once, encoring with Jeff Beck at the RAH, that was pretty special.

I too am hoping for special guests (I'll be at Friday's show), and until I checked the CSN dates I was vaguely hoping for C&N to be there too.

Well, guests or no guests, it'll be nice seeing the show, especially since there were no films at the Orange concert, just the lights and a blank Mr Screen, for whatever technical reasons. I thought this was how it was intended (as with the 2006 tour) during the show until I saw videos from a previous show in Croatia.
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

A friend told me that Gilmour and CS&N were sharing a drummer (Steve DiStanislao) and the tours wouldn't overlap as a result. I didn't check it out at the time, but thinking about it, it is a little extreme to expect him to drop in and perform remarkably different sets with different throughout the week, and seemingly in different countries!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Oh that's a shame, it's always great to see a legendary surprise guest. I saw Gilmour himself once, encoring with Jeff Beck at the RAH, that was pretty special.
    The ultimate was surely David Bowie's cameo with Gilmour! He did 'Arnold Layne' and 'Comfortably Numb'.

Sadly the second night at RAH did not include Crosby or Nash otherwise basically the same show as the first night.

Here's David's short, 4 song set from London last week-

***************************spoilers*************** **************

(Astronomy Domine, In Any Tongue, Wish You Were Here, Rattle That Lock)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Nice video. Thanks very much for finding & posting.

Interesting variations in Astronomy Domine. I wish he was a bit more adventuresome by playing some tunes from his first two solo LPs.

BTW: is this the band he's currently touring wish?
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

I'm hearing presale for 4/10/16 show at Radio City Music hall 10am tomorrow. General public on sale Thursday. I have no code. Perhaps someone could be kind enough to provide one

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The code is DGML16410 (clever).

But F*ck TicketBastard, because it seems to be already sold out. At least, after waiting 10 minutes it said no tickets were available. I also blame Gilmour's folks for telling us THE DAY OF THE PRESALE that there was one, so tickets had already been on sale for over an hour before I was able to try.

Oh, well - Gilmour remains on my bucket list...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The code is DGML16410 (clever).

But F*ck TicketBastard, because it seems to be already sold out. At least, after waiting 10 minutes it said no tickets were available. I also blame Gilmour's folks for telling us THE DAY OF THE PRESALE that there was one, so tickets had already been on sale for over an hour before I was able to try.

Oh, well - Gilmour remains on my bucket list...
    I was in at the 11am start, but no tickets were available (?), then, about 15 minutes later I had (?) a single center orchestra ticket, but when I went to purchase it gave me an error message and screwed me out of that seat. Got the email about 10:30am.

Gonna try again tomorrow with phone and pc when regular on-sale happens.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

It took me about 1/2 hour to get a ticket to DG at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago. Ticketmaster repeatedly told me no tickets were available, but you have to just keep trying. I ended up with one choice I turned down, and then luckily got another ticket near the exact location of where I wanted to sit, in a box seat. Sometimes if you select a seat that someone else is in the process of purchasing, it will then deny you by the time you are ready. But just go back and wait for more tickets to appear, they come out in dribs and drabs.

It was the same for RUSH at the United Center. Tickets popped up all over the stadium all day long the day of the show. Some as close as the 6th row. You have to wait it out though and don't grab the first tickets that appear at the back of the floor, or the 3rd balcony.

Welcome to the machine...

Well, having seen Floyd twice in the 90's, I'm just not that interested. Now, seeing the set list, I'm even less interested (I wish I had seen the previous tours where the did Echoes, but I've got it on DVD so it's all good).

My wife is a Floyd fanatic and even she isn't really interested, given the price and time involved (NYC is about a 5 hour trip each way, so we'd have to stay somewhere, adding to the costs).

I know this may sound silly to some, seeing as how there is no telling if this will be his last tour or not (he's not getting any younger, though appears in better shape than he did in the 90's), but I just really don't get that excited about seeing legacy acts anymore. I'll probably pick up the DVD, if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    All videos have been King Crimson'ed.
    As they should be. But saying "Crimsoned is unfair. Plenty of artists who can afford it (and some who can't) keep a. Eye on YouTube, Vimeo and elsewhere for copyright infringement. Plus they just don't want crappy, handheld phone videos circulating as they don't place the artist(s) in the best light...or even close to.

I just have no interest in such video content, but just to point out Crimsom isn't the only band....or, furthermore, label... to do this...

Cheers,
    John
    PS: they don't play in Canada either. When YouTube takes em down they're down.

Tix just went on general sale. I was logged in and IMMEDIATELY searched for 1 seat, best available normal ticket. It said I had a wait of less than one minute. After about 10 seconds it said SORRY, NO TICKETS AVAILABLE. Then of course it gave me a 10 minute wait to try my luck on the wheel of torture again.

F TicketF*cker and their goddamned, corrupt, broken system! Screw that company! I hope they go bankrupt and everyone who works for them loses their jobs. I'd lick the floors of a McDonalds clean before I worked for them.

I'm waiting ANOTHER 10 minutes to get reamed again by Ticketmaster...

It is absolutely shocking (or not) how many tickets for Radio City were on sale yesterday on 3rd party websites before the general on sale. I mean hundreds of tickets. It is a total racket of inside connections.

Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    Well, having seen Floyd twice in the 90's, I'm just not that interested. Now, seeing the set list, I'm even less interested (I wish I had seen the previous tours where the did Echoes, but I've got it on DVD so it's all good). .... NYC is about a 5 hour trip each way, so we'd have to stay somewhere, adding to the costs.
    I would agree about the set list, and having missed his last tour with Echoes (hearing on DVD how awesome it was, I regret not going - a lot). So, I figure it'll be the last time to hear David play live. I can understand if you have to drive 5 hours each way I would have passed myself. I'm trying not to watch much of the youtube clips so it'll be fresh when I go to the show.

Pulled an orch tic just now, an hour after on-sale. Tried again and still getting 1st mezz and rear orch seats. Tried again and pulled a seat 10 rows in front of the one I bought; ticketbastards.
    Keep trying and refreshing and typing in ecal marketing or rsvp with friends and share a hundred times...

Old Man Tour keeps getting bigger.
    EUROPE 2016

SEPTEMBER 2016

UK – LONDON : THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL - 25, 28, 29, 30 2016

On Sale: Friday 4th December 2015 at 10.00am UK time
    from the Royal Albert Hall Box Office
    0845 401 5045 (in UK) or +44 20 7589 8212

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    It is absolutely shocking (or not) how many tickets for Radio City were on sale yesterday on 3rd party websites before the general on sale. I mean hundreds of tickets. It is a total racket of inside connections.
    this needs fixing cause it just feeds the scalpers
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    Radio City? I thought it was MSG!

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Pulled an orch tic just now, an hour after on-sale. Tried again and still getting 1st mezz and rear orch seats. Tried again and pulled a seat 10 rows in front of the one I bought; ticketbastards.
    Keep trying and refreshing and typing in ecal marketing or rsvp with friends and share a hundred times...
    Bizarre how they've tied the Captcha things in with advertising. F'in leeches!

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Sheds View Post
    Not one of these videos will play (here in the UK anyway). Youtube appears to have taken most of these down because of blocking by Pink Floyd 'on copyright grounds'.
    Glad it was blocked. I hate watching crappy quality iphone vids posted to youtube. I'm annoyed when some person is in front of me with their camera in the air blocking the people behind them... very inconsiderate. I like the Crimson approach. No cameras. Be there in the moment.

Nice to see Gilmour back out on tour. One of the last of his generation doing such a thing. Go see the show, as these tours will be faintly numbered into the future.

David Gilmour Tour Thread 2015 (SPOILERS)

Went on to the RAH site and am 4,951 in the queue, f*** that... Tried earlier to get tickets for my daughter there for Bring Me The Horizon and they went in minutes while I was trying to pay. I hate this system and preferred queuing outside the venue overnight in the old days! It does make you want to avoid the big names and concentrate on up and coming / niche artistes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk