Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead

I really liked tonight's second episode.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

It's coming... We can see that it's about to boil over. I like how quickly things seem to be falling apart. It just goes to show you that our society is really a bubbling cauldron of anarchy underneath a thin layer of civility.

The main actress,btw, was on "Treme"; an underrated series about New Orleans post-Katrina.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The second episode was considerably better with action and suspense. Both my wife & I enjoyed it.

I still see (so far) that it is not anywhere near as gory. No splattering blood, no gratuitous shots of heads blowing up. For instance, when the Mom bashes the black guys head with a fire extinguisher they quickly cut away and don't show you what happened. You didn't see any blood splatter, you just see a shot of her looking at him dead on the ground. I wonder if this will continue to be a less gratuitous show, more action and suspense like World War Z... my wife will certainly like that as she can't watch the regular TWD, but loved WWZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    It's coming... We can see that it's about to boil over. I like how quickly things seem to be falling apart. It just goes to show you that our society is really a bubbling cauldron of anarchy underneath a thin layer of civility.

The main actress,btw, was on "Treme"; an underrated series about New Orleans post-Katrina.
    I had a hard time getting into "Treme" for some reason. I watched the first season, but it never grabbed me.

Where can one watch Treme now?

Sent Via PE's Mobile App
    <sig out of order>

I borrowed the series from the public library a couple of years ago. I enjoyed it. It's a character-driven show that shows us a glimpse of New Orleans the tourist doesn't always see. It's music-driven as well, which always piques my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Where can one watch Treme now?

Sent Via PE's Mobile App
    It was an HBO series available on DVD. Not sure about Netflix or On Demand.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    It was an HBO series available on DVD. Not sure about Netflix or On Demand.
    A couple friends had mentioned that they streamed it. I thought they said Netflix, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Edit: looks like Amazon Prime has it.
    <sig out of order>

I enjoyed last night's episode more than any episode of TWD. I thought it was mostly excellent.

There's something I noticed in last night's show, tho, that may explain some of the stupid stuff that happens on the other show: I am 99% certain that they filmed more script than they showed and the editing creates a bit of discontinuity or vagueness. I don't remember exactly what happened but as soon as I saw it I knew they had edited something out. And now that I think about it, doesn't AMC have extended scenes or whatever on theie website? That may be why they do it.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I enjoyed last night's episode more than any episode of TWD. I thought it was mostly excellent.

There's something I noticed in last night's show, tho, that may explain some of the stupid stuff that happens on the other show: I am 99% certain that they filmed more script than they showed and the editing creates a bit of discontinuity or vagueness. I don't remember exactly what happened but as soon as I saw it I knew they had edited something out. And now that I think about it, doesn't AMC have extended scenes or whatever on theie website? That may be why they do it.
    Funny you mention it, as I thought the same thing.

I'm not sure how I like the whole "fresh zombie" thing, as it seems to contradict the appearance of the newly-turned in the original show. They weren't quite as decrepit as the old ones, but not like these. It also seems crazy that nobody would ever use the word "zombie" to describe them, or even have some recognition with their appearance popular culture.

Haven't seen the second episode yet, but Treme is great....Netflix had it, but I don't think they do any longer. Same with The Wire, Simon's earlier show, which I think was the best thing on TV ever.

New Mini Series, Show Me A Hero, is on HBO, and it's a six hour/six episode story of housing projects in Yonkers, NY, in the late 80's. Watched the first epi last night, and it's classic Simon stuff.....

So how cool is it that Paul Haslinger is doing the music for this show?
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

I don't want this thread to derail too much from FTWD, but I just want to add that I believe Netflix does not carry ANY HBO programming. I guess I'd have to Google that to confirm and see why...

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar

I think that is how they lure you into purchasing the shows
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

There's something I noticed in last night's show, tho, that may explain some of the stupid stuff that happens on the other show: I am 99% certain that they filmed more script than they showed and the editing creates a bit of discontinuity or vagueness. I don't remember exactly what happened but as soon as I saw it I knew they had edited something out.
    I was wondering how the pudgy school kid with the black hair got in the school while it was closed. He just popped out of nowhere. It is like they cut out a scene with him sneaking in the building behind her.

Also, why doesn't Johnny Depp change his cloths? Why is he still wearing the old man's oversized cloths from the hospital, even though he's at home laying on the couch? That seems really really dumb to me.

Johnny Depp... hehe... I also immediately thought of him when I saw that actor!

The 'pudgy kid' is named Tobias. He seems to know a lot about what is going to happen. If he's getting the info from the Internet, why isn't it more widely spread? It's obvious the cops know what is about to transpire. That scene where the cop is filling the trunk of his car with water is very telling.

I thought the episode ended on a high note when the people across the street are being attacked by their neighbour(?) and our protagonists don't do a thing about it except shut their door....

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    It also seems crazy that nobody would ever use the word "zombie" to describe them, or even have some recognition with their appearance popular culture.
    I inferred from TWD, since different regions/groups use different terms for them, that the story comes from a fictional universe where the concept of a zombie hasn't been created.
    I don't want this thread to derail too much from FTWD, but I just want to add that I believe Netflix does not carry ANY HBO programming. I guess I'd have to Google that to confirm and see why...
    Yeah, HBO has their own on demand and streaming venues. To see any original HBO programming elsewhere, you're going to have to go to PPV sites like Amazon or iTunes.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    So how cool is it that Paul Haslinger is doing the music for this show?
    So you noticed that too? Are you watching it or are you just keeping up with the Tangerine Dream connection?

The main actress was also in LOST. She was Sawyer's girlfriend in a flashback for a few eps.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    So you noticed that too? Are you watching it or are you just keeping up with the Tangerine Dream connection?

The main actress was also in LOST. She was Sawyer's girlfriend in a flashback for a few eps.

Bill
    Totally forgot about that. I was wondering where else I had seen her. She was part of Sawyer's con man past.

[QUOTE=Yves;452257]J

The 'pudgy kid' is named Tobias. He seems to know a lot about what is going to happen. If he's getting the info from the Internet, why isn't it more widely spread? QUOTE]

My wife said the exact same thing as we were watching the episode.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Tobias is my favorite character so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post

Bill
    I am actually watching it, BIoN, television curmudgeon that I am, and I saw his name in the credits.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

[QUOTE=SteveSly;452585]
    J

The 'pudgy kid' is named Tobias. He seems to know a lot about what is going to happen. If he's getting the info from the Internet, why isn't it more widely spread? QUOTE]

My wife said the exact same thing as we were watching the episode.
    Probably for the same reason that during this turbulent time in the stock market we all aren't looking at the doom and gloom end of the world websites that say to buy rice and dried beans and get your guns ready because this is the end. There always will be a group of extreme survivalists that are digging bunkers, and most real people just ignore them and go on with their life. Basically, we don't want to believe that it could be real.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Yeah, I was thinking along similar lines... There are so many fringe sites out there that I never look at. I am bombarded with junk e-mails speaking of the end of the world, and I ignore all of them. It could be that people have been warned about what is happening in other parts of the country/world and have merely laughed it off as so much fire-and-brimstone pulpit slapping rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I was wondering how the pudgy school kid with the black hair got in the school while it was closed. He just popped out of nowhere. It is like they cut out a scene with him sneaking in the building behind her.

Also, why doesn't Johnny Depp change his cloths? Why is he still wearing the old man's oversized cloths from the hospital, even though he's at home laying on the couch? That seems really really dumb to me.
    And why the fuck didn't the pudgy kid and the guidance counselor take the canned goods they worked so hard for after they clocked the principal with the fire extinguisher?

Did i see Atticus Ross did the music for this show? I've been digging the music in this show a lot.

Spoiler alert, well prediction really - the origin of the walkers/disease will be caused from junkies shooting bad heroin.