Thread: Any info on new Gong "Live Etc." Japanese mini-LP remaster listed as 2 CD's?

Any info on new Gong "Live Etc." Japanese mini-LP remaster listed as 2 CD's?

I've seen several prog sellers (Doug Larson, Music Masters Worldwide, etc.) advertising this recently, but none of them explain why this reissue is 2 CD's and all previous versions are single CD's. Could be a typo (really just one CD), but in many cases, the selling price is higher for this than the other single-disc Gong mini-LP titles ("You", "Angels Egg", etc.) listed as being released at the same time.

I don't have it yet, but my understanding is that it's a double CD including "Oooby Scooby Doomsday," which was omitted from the single CD for space reasons [heh].

I might spring for this, seeing as I've never heard it!!

So, a whole second CD just to include ONE MORE SONG!?!?! And isn't that track available as a bonus track somewhere else? The title looks very familiar...

Ah!! Yes, it was a bonus track on the "Angel's Egg" CD.

The Japanese are nuts for replicating the original vinyl. So they have spread the original vinyl release over two discs. For me, it sounds very good. As the only other version was the original Virgin issue, it is good to have this remastered, though the notes don't mention this anywhere. I have only seen remastered referred to in the blurb on CDJapan and HMV sites. All the releases come with all the inserts, posters, booklets etc in miniature of course.

google translate
    [Gong SHM-CD paper jacket series]
    At the time that was controversial been released without the permission of the artist. January 74 of the BBC sound source, including the Edinburgh Festival in September 1973, from those at the time of David Allen enrolled such as unreleased studio sound source in the recording session of "You", to September 75 after Allen withdrawal Compile and live in the Marquee Club. Work that can glimpse the state of the heyday of the early gong.
    (1977 announcement) Hatsukami jacket of. 2015 Digitally remastere

Track Listings
    Disc: 1
    1. You Can't Kill Me
    2. Zero The Hero & The Witch's Spell
    3. Flying Teapot
    4. Dynamite/I Am Your Animal
    5. 6/8 Tune
    6. Est-Ce Que Je Suis
    7. Ooby-Scooby
    8. Radio Gnome Invisible
    Disc: 2
    1. Oily Way
    2. Outer Temple
    3. Inner Temple
    4. Where Have All The Flowers Gone
    5. Isle Of Everywhere
    6. Get It Inner
    7. Master Builder
    8. Flying Teapot (Reprise)

To be honest I never really cared for side 4
    btw years ago Virgin was planing to release an "expanded version" that was supposed to include more materiel from the 73 dates and the Radio Bremen show but alas...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazcrim View Post
    The Japanese are nuts for replicating the original vinyl. So they have spread the original vinyl release over two discs. For me, it sounds very good. As the only other version was the original Virgin issue, it is good to have this remastered, though the notes don't mention this anywhere. I have only seen remastered referred to in the blurb on CDJapan and HMV sites. All the releases come with all the inserts, posters, booklets etc in miniature of course.
    So they haven't replicated the original vinyl?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    So they haven't replicated the original vinyl?
    Well, a CD version of the vinyl release then!