Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes Beach Towels?

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Here's THE Roger Dean logo. And no, I don't want a kick in the crotch...

http://www.zazzle.com/roger+dean+hats

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I wanna know where she got the beach towels from.
    I'm assuming you are referring to my lovely bride

Part of her ruse were CttE towels, not Yes

CttEdge.jpg

I believe they are available at their site

Prove me wrong so I can just buy the damned hat. Life is ridiculous, and I really don't need this. This should be as easy as, well, eating pizza.
    Those baseball hats that ricka posted above are weak IMO - painted on rather than embroidered logo

The ones sold at the concerts were black, with the logo embroidered

You need to take control of the situation though, dear Loony

Find the most happening hat that fits your style and get one of these sewn on

YesPatch.JPG

Personally, I don't do hats, my show hair is too nice to cover up

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

That beanie says "Yes.............. I really AM a first-class twit!"

Not sure what to make of this shirt on ebay-
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yes-Band-Roc...item3cfdd8fc76
    It is the logo, but that is not the bad. Or not yet (?) Drummer kinda looks like Billy B and his old kit. (?)

I picked up a Yeshat way back when, black w/melting colors logo. Still have it in storage somewhere. Also have a nice ELP hat, think from the Black Moon tour. Black hat, simple, classic logo.
    Also have Yesshirts from nearly every tour since '77. Most never worn.

This women's clutch is cool; don't recall it being on sale for the 3 album tour here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yes-Band-Roc...item2800bb5af2
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Here's what I found, more a "beanie" than a hat, but here ya go!

http://www.rock.com/p/yes-dragonfly-beanie
    $2- less on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yes-Beanie-C...item2354f8ce29
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

So until you find your beach towel, you will just be a fish out of water?
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Magnification = The official Yes condom

Quote Originally Posted by Leibowitz View Post
    Chased amid fusions of wonder, I'll bet.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Suspended
    The_Loony is prepared to move heaven and earth to find a Yes cap.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    The_Loony is prepared to move heaven and earth to find a Yes cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Leibowitz View Post
    CTTE

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    That's just a towel some guy bought for his wife. The power of suggestion and all that.

I hear the Yes album cover designer James Cameron is putting in a copyright claim...

https://www.lush.co.uk/products/yes-yes-yes
    Making Wikipedia marginally more interesting at:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCul...PXchSo_vDxtcLg

I think Meg Ryan has a claim on that one, too.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Suspended
    ^^^ What part of the word "Yes" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You, sir, get the asshole of the year award for that one even if I did have a good laugh. Frickin' politics.

I really thought I hadn't posted this as it sounded a bit harsh. I'm not pissed, just flabbergasted and exhausted.

I guess I'll just have to buy the beanie(thanks for the find) which I can wear a few days out of the year. I'll never understand the hipster who wears a beanie in 115 degree heat, as it's 115 frickin' degrees outside. I won't torture myself like that so it'll be relegated to those few cold days we have.

Maybe I'll shoot over to the mall tomorrow and see if the guys there can do it and do it properly. I didn't talk to them in depth as they were busy when I was there but there is a chance and a customer also referred me to a another place that might be able to do it.

It's not unusual in my life. I'm trying to find a cheap, plastic Chefmate pasta tool, as mine has broken, and the regular pasta tools are total and complete junk(who thought that idea is the be all end all of pasta tools should have been shot along with all the people that have gone along with this ridiculous pasta tool conspiracy) yet I cannot find it. Might cost me about 3 bucks, if that, yet it doesn't exist anywhere, online or off.

I know it does as I have one sitting in front of me, albeit a broken one. Grr, Argh.

I guess the universe is saying I shouldn't have a Yes hat. Like it knows anything.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

The pasta tool with the Yes logo might be a stretch, just sayin'.

Not that it shouldn't be available, mind you.

"When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Gotta give a shout out to Loony

While looking on I Ebay found this:

Hats.jpg

BG

BG, it ain't perfect but I'll take it. It's on Ebay, you say? Not a Roger Dean logo(IIRC) but it's good enough. How the hell did you find this? No joke, I've been looking for about three, maybe two, years and haven't found anything.

Fuck yeah, Rush in less than 24 hours and you found me a Yes hat. If you weren't married I'd pay someone to blow you.

Yeah, this is gonna be a really good day. Already bought the hat in the first link, it's nicer than the second, although the second has the dragonfly. Only 20 bucks, with shipping. The one I bought might have one

Thank you so very much. Seriously. I may have to buy the other one just to have a backup.

I work at one of the most popular pizza shops in all of town. I got really freaking lucky to get in with the holy grail of pizza shops. It's a N.Y.C. style shop, big business, and a whole load of cop patches on the walls. It started with a guy from NYC who brought in a framed plaque with a bunch of NYC patches and it just went from there. Reason I bring this up is a customer was talking about getting these patches redone for himself. I hit him up and he says he knows a shop that can make this hat for me so I may still go there, or the mall, and see if they can make one for me with a Dean logo.

Suspended
    ^^^ I believe we have a "bromance" on the site. Guess I'll go make the coffee...

I've been trying for a half hour to find the cool response for Bob.

I'm frikkin George Costanza and won't pull it out of my mind until tomorrow. That witty comeback, it always eludes me.

Yeah, this is gonna be a really good day. Already bought the hat in the first link, it's nicer than the second, although the second has the dragonfly. Only 20 bucks, with shipping. The one I bought might have one

Thank you so very much. Seriously. I may have to buy the other one just to have a backup.
    Happy to help but yer too late on the Beannie - for 17 beans including shipping I copped one and when my bud saw it he scarfed the last one

Glad you got the baseball hat, will be cool

If you weren't married I'd pay someone to blow you.
    Mrs G has me covered so I'm fine, but thank you in any case : )

I hit him up and he says he knows a shop that can make this hat for me so I may still go there, or the mall, and see if they can make one for me with a Dean logo.
    Pay attention my brother, I posted this earlier in the thread

YesPatch.JPG

Those are sew on patches, only paid 5 beans ea for them, unfortunately I got the last 5 he had

Look on Ebay, there are a few patches around with the Dean logo, one is green with a yellow outline

I've investigated custom patches, and you'd have buy in qty, say 100+ to make it viable, short runs are very expensive

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    ^^^ I believe we have a "bromance" on the site. Guess I'll go make the coffee...
    Just because no seems to like you or respond to your posts is no reason to make fun of others!

BG