Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Squire has leukemia- Sherwood subs for 2015 tour

Chris Squire has leukemia- Sherwood subs for 2015 tour

Man... positive vibes...

https://www.facebook.com/yestheband

From the Official Yes Facebook page:

YES BASSIST AND CO-FOUNDING MEMBER CHRIS SQUIRE
    TO UNDERGO TREATMENT FOR LEUKEMIA

Grammy Award-winning bass guitarist, vocalist, and founding member of YES, Chris Squire, has been diagnosed with Acute Erythroid Leukemia (AEL), an uncommon form of Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML). Chris will be receiving treatment in his hometown of Phoenix over the next few months.

YES will be honouring their commitment to their North American summer tour with Toto, as well as confirming their performances on Cruise to the Edge in November.

Chris's role in the band will be covered by YES alumnus Billy Sherwood.

To quote Chris: "This will be the first time since the band formed in 1968 that YES will have performed live without me. But the other guys and myself have agreed that Billy Sherwood will do an excellent job of covering my parts and the show as a whole will deliver the same YES experience that our fans have come to expect over the years."
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Best wishes to him on his recovery.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Oh that super-SUCKS!!!

All the best to Chris in attaining a full recovery.

Just read this. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Yes is the reason I jumped down the rabbit hole many years ago.

Yeah I just read this as well.. many well wishes to Chris.. and best of luck to Billy while he's filling in for Chris..

Damn. Damn damn damn damn damn.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    That sucks for Squire. Hopefully that old war horse will make it.

Best wishes for Mr. Squire for a quick and painless recovery.

That said...

"No Chris, No Yes"
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by FredOCal View Post
    Just read this. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Yes is the reason I jumped down the rabbit hole many years ago.
    Same here. They got me into all this and he's a huge part of that. Really sucks to hear - get well, Fish.

Wow. Perspective.

Hope he can recover. Best wishes Mr. Squire!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Hang in there, Chris. Best wishes.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

His playing and sound are a huge part of my musical DNA. I'll be keeping a good thought.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

no chris, no yes, indeed. everything else is arguable. every good wish.

Sending positive thoughts his way. Damn...

Sad news. We're all getting older, and will undoubtedly be hearing similar news going forward.

I woke up to this news today?

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Chris Squire. I love YES. Their music changed me in a very profound way.

Get well soon.
    The Prog Corner

Very sorry to hear this news.

Chris Squire's music (within Yes and without) has been a huge part of my life. Here's hoping the treatment goes smoothly and he makes a full recovery.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I'll be sending especially warm vibes to Chris while enjoying my Progeny box!

Saddened by this news. Good luck Chris.

Sincerest wishes for a fast recovery.

Unfortunate to see that the rest of them are taking a "the show must go on" attitude.

Best wishes to the big guy, I just realized that Yes is going to tour for the first time with no original members.
    I live in an ephemeral eternity

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Sincerest wishes for a fast recovery.

Unfortunate to see that the rest of them are taking a "the show must go on" attitude.
    I can't imagine he'd want it any other way, particularly with shows scheduled and contracts signed. I don't think it is unfortunate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post

Why is that unfortunate?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I wish him all the best. Billy Sherwood is certainly a good choice to fulfill commitments. FYI, here's what wikipedia says about this condition:

Treatment
    Treatment for erythroleukemia consists of chemotherapy, frequently consisting of cytarabine, daunorubicin, and idarubicin.[2]

Prognosis
    Acute erythroid leukemia (M6) has a relatively poor prognosis, with median survival for erythroleukemia patients of 36 weeks.[3] The 36 week prognosis is due to the rareness of M6b.

When looked at separately, prognosis comes back a little differently (survival, mean ± sd) : M6B (3 ± 3.6 months) versus M6A (25 ± 28 months), and M6C (10 ± 13 months).[4]

Sending positive vibes nonetheless. Hang on in there, Chris!

Billy will fill his "shoes" just fine.. Not the least bit concerned for the band.. Now Chris that's another story.. said it once but worth saying again.. best wishes for a full recovery from this..