Thread: Miles Davis: Bootleg Vol. 4

Miles Davis: Bootleg Vol. 4

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

MINE! MINE! MINE!

Edit: Pre-ordered. I shall salivate endlessly until July.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm guessing from the description that these aren't the full sets, are at least most of them aren't. I'll wait and see what people say.

Is there much of a chance that full sets will be released? Is this as good as it's going to get? (and, yeah, this does sound good.)
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Is there much of a chance that full sets will be released? Is this as good as it's going to get? (and, yeah, this does sound good.)
    That's why I remain hesitant. You never know about these things. I don't see why they couldn't release the full sets on a series or 2-4 disc sets. Certainly the 70's era shows I would want in their entirety. Maybe somebody is pulling a Teo Macero or pulling a Dick Latvala and saying "Trust me, this is the stuff that's worth listening to, you don't need to worry about the music that we've left off". Oy!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I'm guessing from the description that these aren't the full sets, are at least most of them aren't. I'll wait and see what people say.
    The 1975 Avery Fisher Hall show is over 80 minutes. It was broadcast on V.O.A, and I have a copy. His last 70s show and they give us ONE track from it? Ugh. Pass.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I didn't know that they had Newport Jazz festivals in NY, Germany and Switzerland.

Autobuy.

I'm conflicted. On one hand, any new live Miles is good new live Miles... but cherry picking a few songs from shows that could have been released in their entirety (and may well yet be)... it's really not how I listen to music. Knowing me, I'd probably play this 2 or 3 times and then shelve it.

There's stuff on this i don't have, so..i'll hem and haw but,in the end i'll probably buy it.
    Last edited by walt; 05-03-2015 at 07:31 AM.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I didn't know that they had Newport Jazz festivals in NY, Germany and Switzerland.

Autobuy.
    OK. Autobuy but it took me a year and a half.

The funny thing about this set is, the sound quality from the 50s shows is better than or as good as the 60s, and that's better than the 70s stuff.